How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I've avoided having a scale for years now, but I've just steadily gained weight. I'm going to buy one tomorrow, but I don't want to get obsessive.

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Once a week
  • jaclynZ
    jaclynZ Posts: 49
    Options
    hardly ever :/ i go by how clothes fit or how i look in the mirror.
    if you workout a lot (weights) you can stick around the same weight while still losing fat...
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Once a week and that is only because I am in a body fat percentage losing competition. STupid. Should have never done it because I set myself up to be sad if I dont lose weight. Even if I see it lost in inches.
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    once a week.
  • Mamajeans1973
    Options
    i try for once a week but i have to be careful because i can get a little ocd about it!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    every day - i can't help it
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    weekly - after my saturday morning workout
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Every day, with the knowledge that it will fluctuate and means nothing in the short term, but I just enjoy statistics and graphs.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I usually recommend once per week, but I was schooled this morning that it's okay to weigh yourself every 16 minutes because it's a data point that you can enter and track and data points are fun, apparently

So that.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Every bloomin morning. Got to stop that but can't :sad:
  • NDskeyes
    NDskeyes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself every day. I just switched to once a week.

Weighing every day is too much for me. I'm making better choices and exercising more. I don't need to spend more time on the scale now.

I've been losing a pound a week, in line with my MFP settings.
  • alta321
    Options
    me too. everyday.
  • DropOfSweat
    Options
    Daily. I get mad about the number but in a way, it pushes me to try harder.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Once a week every Friday morning
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Once in the morning before a shower, after the shower, and once before bed. Rinse, repeat. I'm just fascinated with the fluctuations and such.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself every day. It can be frustrating. Just weigh yourself once a week first thing in the morning.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ok. I know this is crazy but every day. I have a sep app on my phone that I log my weight every day. I can export to excel and then see how long it takes to lose 5 lbs Etc. Tracks my bmi also.

Official weigh in is Wednesday's here.

So far I have not stressed with the changes daily. So I will continue to do it this way.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily. I get mad about the number but in a way, it pushes me to try harder.

My sentiments exactly...helps keep me on track. But if it gets you down when you have a fluctuation upward it's probably not a good idea to weigh that often.
  • hodgejam000
    Options
    daily! I can't help it. It is interesting to watch the weight fluctuations and realize that high sodium one day means extra weight the next. I try not to sweat the small changes but I always want to be sure I am in the ball park of my goals.