T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk3

Options

Replies

• egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Jennifer that is awesome! Good for you! I came on site to get a little inspiration and that totally did it for me! i over eat today, and not anything healthy. I was feeling really bad about it, but instead of dwelling on it, I went for a run with my dog, and wow do I feel better. Endorphin highs are the best in the world! WOOT WOOT! hahah. Anyways it got me thinking though, why do i always think eating will make me feel better? Why when I know it will make me feel worse, do I do it anyways? Why is it so hard to stop?
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Losingit4good-Great advice. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Nitag-Just remember to find something to keep you busy to get you out of the kitchen. Like Losingit4good stated, drink a glass of water, more than likely that will fill you up. I have those nites as well and water is normally what I do. That will work and then it is close to bed time. You can do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Jennifer that is awesome! Good for you! I came on site to get a little inspiration and that totally did it for me! i over eat today, and not anything healthy. I was feeling really bad about it, but instead of dwelling on it, I went for a run with my dog, and wow do I feel better. Endorphin highs are the best in the world! WOOT WOOT! hahah. Anyways it got me thinking though, why do i always think eating will make me feel better? Why when I know it will make me feel worse, do I do it anyways? Why is it so hard to stop?

It is because you have trained your body to be that way. Now, you are training your body for bigger and better things. Healthier foods and exercise. Good for you for getting out there and running. It will always make you feel good. Now make sure to eat something healthy tonite. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh. You can do it. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So I had a cool moment tonight making dinner. Since I am now the one in control of whats being made, I decided to make some Parmesan Roasted cauliflower and the Apricot Mustard Chicken breast. They saw me cooking out of the biggest loser book and got excited. Since they love the show they were interested in WHAT I was making that was healthy. Well... I figured the kids would be "ewwwwwwwwwww califlower" because normally we only eat it steamed with cheese sauce and thats what they always say. So I made 3 servings of it figuring, if there were leftovers...Id eat it for lunch tomorrow. To my surprise, my girls dished up a little on their plates. My oldest (18) who loves veggies was like "hmmmm ok, I'll try it"....and my youngest (almost 14) who stears clear of anything except corn and broccoli decided she would try it too. My son (16) wouldnt even touch it. Well.......the girls :heart: it. In fact, my youngest loved it so much that she took her sisters leftovers.. LOL which had me doing this....:noway: cuz she is the antiveggi queen unless it comes to being a regular dinner salad.. :laugh:

I am so full. I had 1 cup of the cauliflower, 1 small chicken breast, and a few chunks of cantelope and that was all I could eat. Even hubby said he was full and he ate what I ate. After logging my food for the day I noticed that I ate a TON of stuff today...... more than i normally do, but I ate HEALTHY and CLEAN and that is a very big deal for me

NOW.. to motivate my butt to the gym and Im golden...:wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Anyone who is using facebook, please feel free to add me as well...

http://www.facebook.com/losingit4good

I have several recipes in my notes that ya'll might enjoy.
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the great advice! I actually printed it out so I can go back over it again. Yesterday evening I did great. Got hungry somewhat late, but had half a banana and some water.

I can use all the new recipes I can get. We are in such a rut!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LI4G posts some great ideas for food....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Well I normally steer clear of the scale during the week, but I popped on this morning when i was still in morning brain cloud phase and the scale said Im down to 222.8.

So its down another whole 1 1/2lbs from Friday....WOOHOO!!! Its about time.. LOL.. at least now my ticker reads right!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

Thanks Nita!

Once a foodie, always a foodie... its just a different kind of food now! :wink:

I post the good BL recipes that we have tried and like and other stuff in my notes on facebook so I have easy access to them from the grocery store via my iphone. Makes it easier to grocery shop when I have the recipe at my finger tips. I try to include nutrition info with them so you have it and a lot of them are already entered into MFP for food logging. If you go to the MFP food log and type in losingit4good you'll see some of my own recipes in there.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well I normally steer clear of the scale during the week, but I popped on this morning when i was still in morning brain cloud phase and the scale said Im down to 222.8.

So its down another whole 1 1/2lbs from Friday....WOOHOO!!! Its about time.. LOL.. at least now my ticker reads right!

Good job with dinner last nite. I am glad the kids liked it. That is always important to have them like it so in turn they support you in what you are doing. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    Options

Thanks Nita!

Once a foodie, always a foodie... its just a different kind of food now! :wink:

I post the good BL recipes that we have tried and like and other stuff in my notes on facebook so I have easy access to them from the grocery store via my iphone. Makes it easier to grocery shop when I have the recipe at my finger tips. I try to include nutrition info with them so you have it and a lot of them are already entered into MFP for food logging. If you go to the MFP food log and type in losingit4good you'll see some of my own recipes in there.

I'm so jealous of your Iphone lol... I just got an android phone.. Only reason I didn't get the iphone is we live in BFE and ATT does not get service here grrrrr... . So we are stuck with Sprint, however Sprint does have the best plan for us...

I always read your recipes ... I am going shopping tonight after the gym and I am going to make a list. I will be actually making some of them... YUM........

I have to eat well in order to make this work.. I have to cut out the bad habits...... I'm owing all my mistakes..

My scale still seems to be moving in the wrong direction... However I know I am PMSing so that isn't going to help the situation lol...
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    Do you guys eat the extra calories you get for exercising? I've got an extra 580 today. How in the world am I going to get that in? I've logged in all my food except dinner and I still have 900 left!
  • nitag
    Options
    I only will eat half of them back and I don't do that all the time.. Everyone says you should on here and maybe they are right.. My trainer even says we should....
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Here is some information on why you should eat.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_026.do

You don't have to eat all your exercise calories. Only eat if your body tells you to, when it comes to the exercise calories. I hope this answers some of your questions. Please feel free to ask any others and I will try to get them answered for you.

You can also go to my website if you want to take a look at Beachbody.com products. www.beachbodycoach.com/jjtonic75
  • nitag
    Options
    Got in my cardio this morning.. Tonight is a gym night with the trainer..

Hope everyone is doing great....

Nita
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey teamies!!

Wanted to let ya all know that another friend of mine will be joining us. Her screen name is Vixyvamplovr and she is one of my local gal pals. She called me this morning and we got her set up with an MFP profile and I told her to come find us! SOOO super excited she is joining us.. I know you all will make her feel at home. :smile:

Today is more menu planning... this time 2 weeks worth. This week has been a smashing sucess for me in terms of eating healthy. The biggest loser cookbooks are AWESOME.. I went and got 2 more yesterday because the whole fam was raving over dinner last night. Will post the recipes later on Facebook for those of you interested in them. The menu and shopping list I will post here on my MFP blog.

I was gonna head out the door for a walk but the rain just started coming down, so Im gonna go hit the gym this afternoon instead and get some wogging in. Nita... PMS..is also the story of my day today... LOL... you were right, we are on the same schedule! :laugh: Im not expecting much tomorrow from the scale with aunt flo in town, but I can tell a big difference this month....less cramps and less water weight so Im contributing that to the healthier diet and exercise.

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Thursday!! See ya tomorrow for weigh in!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Got in my cardio this morning.. Tonight is a gym night with the trainer..

Hope everyone is doing great....

Nita

Have a good time with the trainer tonite. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey teamies!!

Wanted to let ya all know that another friend of mine will be joining us. Her screen name is Vixyvamplovr and she is one of my local gal pals. She called me this morning and we got her set up with an MFP profile and I told her to come find us! SOOO super excited she is joining us.. I know you all will make her feel at home. :smile:

Today is more menu planning... this time 2 weeks worth. This week has been a smashing sucess for me in terms of eating healthy. The biggest loser cookbooks are AWESOME.. I went and got 2 more yesterday because the whole fam was raving over dinner last night. Will post the recipes later on Facebook for those of you interested in them. The menu and shopping list I will post here on my MFP blog.

I was gonna head out the door for a walk but the rain just started coming down, so Im gonna go hit the gym this afternoon instead and get some wogging in. Nita... PMS..is also the story of my day today... LOL... you were right, we are on the same schedule! :laugh: Im not expecting much tomorrow from the scale with aunt flo in town, but I can tell a big difference this month....less cramps and less water weight so Im contributing that to the healthier diet and exercise.

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Thursday!! See ya tomorrow for weigh in!!

Can't wait to meet your friend. The more the merrier!!!

Glad you are doing so well with the new cookbook and everyone is enjoying the meals. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 164.4 gained .2, but that really doesn't count. I am doing my Shakeology cleanse this weekend, so I will update my weigh in on Monday morning.

Where is everybody??? I hope you all have a great weekend. :bigsmile: