Ideas for Breakfast Sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I make egg "cupcake" muffins every Sunday for the work week. I use egg whites, laughing cow cheese wedges, spinach, and onion. I got my recipe from the Hungry Girl's "To the Max" Cookbook. Mine come in at about 70 calories each for the muffin cupcake. In the morning I toast a 100 calorie wheat sandwich thin, split one table spoon of hummus between both sides, and throw a piece of ultra thin ham on each side. If I am in a hurry I make it into a sandwich, and eat on the run.....otherwise I eat it open faced.....
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I make mine an omelette with peppers, onion, spinach, and sometimes sausage and/or cheese. Cut in half, put on an English muffin.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I bet avocado would be awesome on there
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I heated one up in the microwave this morning and I wrapped it in a paper napkin so it didn't come out all soggy and OMG was it so yummy! It tasted fresh and so much better then fast food or frozen!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the tortilla thing, I usually just use biscuits or english muffins or pita (which is really good too and I haven't seen it on the list). I love making egg patties with my tiny little cast iron skillets, since I don't like my egg patty quite as thick as comes from a muffin tin. The other thing that works well for making wider thinner egg patties is ramekins.
  • Shawntel58
    Shawntel58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This sounds fantastic