Very frustrated!

Options

Replies

• rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Nothing comes easy, you didn't gain your weight doing nothing just as it won't be too easy to get rid of them too. You have to work hard and sometimes doubly hard! Yes giving up is an option too of course, it's up to you that will be an an easy way out.

Change is not gonna happen for you, you gotta have to work for it and that includes dealing with the challenges along the way. Don't expect most people to be nice, understand you, encourage you, motivate you! you know it already only thing you need to do is get up and work extra harder instead of getting frustrated and giving up. Prove yourself you can do it! Just freaking do it!
  • squirtgunsablzn
    Options
    make sure your tracking things accurately, if your not loosing like mfp says you should be there is likely error somewhere in calculations.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I'm not advocating that you weigh daily, but my point is this. I weigh daily, generally at the same time every day, and my weight fluctuates up to 2 pounds a day. Sometimes I can see the reason for the increase (too many carbs or sodium). But more often than not I cannot see the correlation. It's just up. But when I look at my overall weight loss - I see a very clear trend line going down. When I zoom in on the chart it's very choppy. When I zoom out - it's a nice slow downward line. Based on what I've learned about how my body works with a scale I would never judge my progress from a single or even a half-dozen readings.

Exactly this :). I've been tracking my weight for months. I weigh every day and I expect my weight to fluctuate by 2 pounds so I don't panic if it goes up! Every so often I go the reports section and look at my weight loss over a month or more (a week is too short) and there is always SOME loss every month.

I think the usual practice is to weigh and check progress once a week. But that doesn't work well for me because I'm a slow loser and often won't have lost weight in 7 days. Weighing daily and checking progress over the past month works much better.
  • roxyz925
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who offered words of encouragement and actual advice instead of those who chose to be nasty and rude when they don't even know me. I do eat within my limits every day, even weekends and I also have an exercise regimen. Also, not to get personal but I am a women who has battled anorexia/bullima so when I try to lose weight the correct way and I see a gain, whether it is 1 pound or 10 it affects me differently then others. I am constantly working on looking at food they way most people do but it is a battle.

I will not give up but I would also never, ever, say some of the things that have been said to me, especially not knowing the whole person and their background.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who offered words of encouragement and actual advice instead of those who chose to be nasty and rude when they don't even know me. I do eat within my limits every day, even weekends and I also have an exercise regimen. Also, not to get personal but I am a women who has battled anorexia/bullima so when I try to lose weight the correct way and I see a gain, whether it is 1 pound or 10 it affects me differently then others. I am constantly working on looking at food they way most people do but it is a battle.

I will not give up but I would also never, ever, say some of the things that have been said to me, especially not knowing the whole person and their background.

I didn't see where anyone was mean to you, they were only trying to get their point across. You can quit and lose nothing, possibly gain or you can keep going and lose, even if it is slower than you'd like.

ETA: you could also open your food diary which may give people a better idea of how to help you.
  • mrg0631
    Options
    I felt the same way...nothing seemed to be happening and I was becoming so discouraged. I had given up so many times before so I decided to hang tough and stick with it. I'm glad I did. The weight might not be coming off as fast but I sure do feel the difference. You hang in there. It will get better, and as far as those negative "comments" go ignore them. Obviously those people never have to struggle with anything. Keep going, you can do it.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

• PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I did something wrong when I replied...
    I wholehearteldly agree with you on this. I have seen members cry for help in these forums only to get slapped in the face. There are lots of good comments and suggestions here. Ignore the hurtful ones. Like you said, they don't know you or your story. I wish you only the best and hope you will take the good advice here and journey onwards.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, you have 14 posts in 6+ months...my guess is, you havent asked for assistance correctly. Knowledge is useful.
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know that it gets frustrating...but don't give up. Hang in there. I don't know what other advice to really give you. I know when I feel like giving up my friends are very supportive, and they just tell me to keep at it even if it takes a long time. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Roxys never quit. They might tread water or sink a little but they eventually come back up. You can do this. Great name by the way!! Me, too. Spelled right and everything:wink:
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Get on scale this morning only to find out 1 gained a pound. This will be my last week here if next Monday I haven't lost. Too frustrating and time consuming to be logging food, making healthy meals and snacks only to gain 1 pound. Very sad! :sad:

And do what instead?

Very sad indeed.

This EXACTLY! Honestly, you did come off a little like a 2 year old having a tantrum... "I want it NOW!". What we'd all give sometimes if we only gained 1 pound! You've got to learn patience and you've got to learn how to motivate yourself as well because your work will only benefit you. Just as giving up will only hurt you. So pick yourself up, dust your self off, stop whining, and go for the long haul. Yea, it can be tough. But you only get stronger. You CAN do it but only if you really WANT to do it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's been said, I'm sure, but my honest advice (I hope it's not considered rude) is to get rid of the scale. My friend battled the same eating disorders that you have in the past and the first thing her doctor made her get rid of was the scale. It's your enemy, especially considering your past. It will mock you every time you step onto it. It is not a good short term indicator of weight loss. Give your scale to a friend and then only weigh yourself ONCE A MONTH.

If you must have indicators, use the measuring tape but still no more than once a week.

Please don't give up because when you do... you're giving up.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Listen, I get you. I havent lost now for 2 weeks. But I am on week 3 (as of Wednesday). I am not going to give up, you know why? Because this *kitten* takes time. Because it took me however many months to gain the weight and it can take just as long to lose it.

Dont give up. Dont let the scale beat you up so badly. Keep doing what youre doing, eat your calories, exercise and buck up.
  • rhonajs
    Options
    Don't quit...not sure how old you are but as we get older our hormones dictate more...don't pay as much attention to the scale than as to measurments and how clothes fit.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Roxy, it will get better, and you are doing great things for yourself
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HEY! Here's the thing - the scale is evil. If you want to measure anything, measure inches down. The scales are way to unpredictable. IT'S PROBABLY JUST WATER WEIGHT!
    Don't give up!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    see just what I was talking about too many crabby pants with sarcastic unhelpful comments! I'm sorry over your frustration. Keep moving foward unfortunately the only things that will happen to you in life is you will get older and eventually pass. What you decide to do with that time is up to you. You can be frustrated and say this is not worth it and continue doing what you have been doing in the past, or you can step back and look at where you want to go provided you dont pass away. Which is more beneficial to you? Which will get you closer to where you want to be? (I hope where you want to be is healthier and fit)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

I have a sign on my fridge that says, "A YEAR FROM NOW YOU'LL WISH YOU STARTED TODAY."

This!