Thoughts on Omelettes

Options
Guys

I have been eating an omelette for breakfeast this passed week, people at work are saying its totally unheathy.

Any thoughts on this? And what other things are there out there good for breakfeast?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on omelettes are that they taste really good.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    What are you putting in it?

Also, this:
    My thoughts on omelettes are that they taste really good.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Your right their wrong, carry on.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    What kind? How many eggs? Egg whites only??
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE omelettes! I eat eggs every single day for breakfast and on the weekends I make omelettes [more time than during the work week]. Nobody comments to me about it but what can they say...I've lost close to 100lbs doing what I'm doing.

On weekends I like to go whole hog and add either steak or bacon to my omelettes. YUMMY!
  • RhysGM
    RhysGM Posts: 39
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a 3 egg omelette cooked in a little olive oil. I have them every weekend.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I think they are great. There are tons of ways to make them depending on what your dietary goals are.
  • laurynashley1
    Options
    I LOVE OMELETTES! And omelettes can be totally healthy depending on how you make it, just like anything. If you load it up with veggies, some lean meat and easy on the cheese, you've got a pretty healthy meal. Egg whites are going to be healthier than eggs with yolk. And as long as you watch your portion-size, omelettes are a great way to start your day. Tons of energy and flavor.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love eggs all ways, but I have tried to cut my whole egg consumption by using 1/2 egg whites, mostly because it reduces my calories a bit. I make a full frittata on the weekend ( sort of a baked omelet) with lots of veggies and some meat and use it for breakfast during the week. cook once, eat 4-6 times:bigsmile:

Enjoy your omelets, they're just jealous!
  • squirtgunsablzn
    Options
    depends on how you make them, if they are smothered in oil, with a ton of cheese and bacon or sausage the calories can add up very quick. i dont use oil and make a 3 egg omelet with 1/4 cup sharp cheddar and spinach.
  • m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have them with a little butter and 2-3 eggs, i really like them and fill me up till dinner, saves me getting up to the vending machine lol Im going to get some almond oil Friday shopping, its suppose to be the best
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Shame on them! They are great.. My favorite:Calorie Counter
    MY HOMEFOODEXERCISEREPORTSAPPSCOMMUNITY
    Food Diary
    Database
    My Foods
    My Meals
    Recipes
    Settings
    Hi, 1stday13 (1) (0) HelpSettingsLogoutFollow Us:
    Edit Recipe

Recipe name

Number of servings
    Serves people
    Ingredients Calories Protein Carbs Fat Fiber Iron
    Better'n Eggs - Egg Beaters, 0.5 cups 60 12 1 0 0 8
    Hormel - Real Bacon Pieces, 1 tbsp 25 3 0 2 0 0
    Kraft - Velveeta Cheese Made With 2%
    Milk (Corrected From Package), 0.5 oz 30 3 2 2 0 0
    Fresh - Portabello Mushroom Cap,
    0.5 medium fresh cap 2 1 2 0 1 0
    Great Value - All Natural Medium
    Chunky Salsa, 1 Tbsp. (30mL) 5 0 1 0 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 122 19 6 4 1 8
    Per Serving: 122 19 6 4 1 8
    Well you get the jest.
    I usually eat some fruit or V-8 juice with it too.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    people who say a little butter and eggs are unhealthy are probably on a 700 kcal diet consisting of diet soda, chewing gum and low fat yogurt
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i dont use oil and make a 3 egg omelet with 1/4 cup sharp cheddar and spinach.

same here just parmesan :)
  • vers4ce
    Options
    I really love eating omelettes, sometimes I chop up a tomato and add that in as well, and if I feel like treating myself or I need to increase my calories then I add baked beans. Yum!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    99.99% of the time people commenting on unhealthy foods have no understanding of nutritional science
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Eggs are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Have an omlette, and a piece of fruit (not bread). I habitually eat at least two eggs a day, sometimes even 4 or 5. Eat your eggs. They are perfect!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    omelettes are not unhealthy :-)

i absolutely love omelettes!!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    omelette with broccoli, onions and cheese, fried in bacon grease with bacon on the side. mmmmmmm good. when i started dieting, i stopped putting it in a bagel. bagels are too high in carbs. i eat them every weekend and lost 25 pounds with them as part of my diet. bacon grease probably isn't healthy, but so good. i'm going with it being better than the bagel.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    99.99% of the time people commenting on unhealthy foods have no understanding of nutritional science
    win.

/thread.