Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started at 268...it took me a good 30 pounds to go down a size. I was a tight 20...probably should have been a 22 though in some stuff...and 18s weren't comfy till around 230. And then at 210 I fit into some 16s and now at 195 I still have some 16's and snug 14. It's frustrating, I really have only gone down two whole sizes in these photos....and actually the capris in the newer pic are labeled an 18. I hate the numbers...they mess with my head.

I also won't wear tight clothes anymore...so that also changes things up...I have a size 12 skirt I can get on...and breathe in, but creates a nasty muffin top!

I am just dying to be a solid size 12...comfy 12. Hoping thats in the next 20 pounds because I don't think I have the willpower to go much lower and maintain that.

Collages.jpg
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started last year at 280, that hurt! I was in a size 24 jeans, and 3XL tops, I remember being able to pull my size 18 levis on for the first time in YEARS! I think I was at 230 or maybe 220. I had to take a break because I was allerigc to something I was eating and until me and my doc figured it out there was a lot of confusion, turns out I am allerigc to poultry and tofu...who knew! Now that I am back to my diet and excercise program I can tell my jeans are starting to fit better again, but I am still aways off from a size 16. I am losing in my face, collar bone/shoulders and legs....only a couple inches here and there on my stomach :( I WANT IT GONE! Somehow I have lost maybe half a cup size off the girls but have gone from a 44D to a 40D ( Might need to move into a C or go down to a 38 soon.
    I think every 20 LBS or so I am losing a size. I am ready to be in a 14 or smaller!
  • jordandroid
    jordandroid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started at 330~! And I've lost nearly 40 pounds since April - and I've just started to realise my clothes are getting too big for me now. I've dropped almost two dress sizes in shirts and one in pants. Buuut, I'm a peary-apple shape so bear that in mind.

Eventually when they all get too big to wear without looking like I'm drowning in fabric I'll have to get my whole wardrobe taken in...
    :( The only hard thing about losing weight!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Whoops, realized I forgot to post a picture. :) Here is my most recent one:

before_after_xmas_2012.jpg

You look great!!!
  • thegreatestlove
    Options
    I'm just starting. Was at 263, and now am down 2 pounds. ( 7 really but only 2 since I've been on here), and I am a size 18-20. I can't wait to fit into a 16 so I can really start to feel like I have accomplished something!

I can't wait to celebrate my sweet 16!! That will also be the time that I feel like I have made some type of dent in this weight loss journey. I am in a 20 (some 18s) and refuse to buy any more clothes until I can wear a 16. Good luck on your journey!
  • thegreatestlove
    Options
    Hey there, I am 5'5" and started at 280lbs last March 2012 and have since lost 120ish pounds and currently weigh 160ish. I was a tight size 24 and now wear a 10/12 depending on the brand and or fit. My tummy is the last place I am losing but nothng some control tights and a good fittting skirt won't cover. I am still about 30lbs from my goal weight of 130lbs and am sooooo excited to be almost in a normal weight because when I started I was morbidly obese. The last 30 pounds are coming off more slowly but I am just tweaking my nurtition and trying to switch up my exercise routine. I eat a mainly clean vegetatian diet and don't track my calories but instead use the pie method of eating (1/2 vegetables, 1/4 carb (grains), 1/4 protien). And I run at least 5 days a week and am just starting to add some cross training (paddleboarding, swimming, biking).

You can do this, for me it was more about getting past my mental obstacles and thinking I could do it first and feeling better about myself...then my actions followed. The "fake it until you make it" approach.

Here is a recent picture (280ish on the left and 160ish on the right)

ScreenShot2013-01-03at91338PM_zpse0475bac-1_zps80d2a6c4.jpg

I have just added you to my list of inspirations! You. Rock.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ditto! You look absolutely phenomenal
    Hey there, I am 5'5" and started at 280lbs last March 2012 and have since lost 120ish pounds and currently weigh 160ish. I was a tight size 24 and now wear a 10/12 depending on the brand and or fit. My tummy is the last place I am losing but nothng some control tights and a good fittting skirt won't cover. I am still about 30lbs from my goal weight of 130lbs and am sooooo excited to be almost in a normal weight because when I started I was morbidly obese. The last 30 pounds are coming off more slowly but I am just tweaking my nurtition and trying to switch up my exercise routine. I eat a mainly clean vegetatian diet and don't track my calories but instead use the pie method of eating (1/2 vegetables, 1/4 carb (grains), 1/4 protien). And I run at least 5 days a week and am just starting to add some cross training (paddleboarding, swimming, biking).

You can do this, for me it was more about getting past my mental obstacles and thinking I could do it first and feeling better about myself...then my actions followed. The "fake it until you make it" approach.

Here is a recent picture (280ish on the left and 160ish on the right)

ScreenShot2013-01-03at91338PM_zpse0475bac-1_zps80d2a6c4.jpg

I have just added you to my list of inspirations! You. Rock.
  • maglrod
    maglrod Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good question.... I started out at 321 size 26 and now at 244 and can still fit in my 24's but they are very loose. I told myself no new clothes until my half way mark which would be 240 -- 4 lbs aways but am I really going to go down a size?? Honestly, I haven't tried on anything so maybe I'll be suprised when I do. Oh by the way I'm 5'7". Interesting question, wish me luck!
  • tifmason
    tifmason Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started at 315lbs 5'5" wearing 28/30 (tight). I'm now at 240 and I'm wearing size 20(little baggy). When I was down to 215 I wore a size 18 so I think it definitely depends on the body type.
  • darlene631
    Options
    Great Job! Thank you for putting your picture out there....
  • darlene631
    Options
    Wow! Excellent! Looking at you...I am so proud of you. I have been on a diet for 2 yrs and can't get the weight off me! Please tell me, what am I doing wrong?
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that the other day I went to try on smaller sizes and picked up a size 16 jean and thought it looked SOOOOOO tiny?!?! lol I was like OMG if I get there I'm done!!

Sometimes when I help my best friend fold her clothes....I can't actually believe I'm folding an adult's clothes!! They feel like baby clothes! lol

I just went for a new pair because my 18s I have been wearing so loooooong that they are getting pretty nasty looking. The 16's... I had a muffin top.. HATE! The 18s.... I thought looked HUGE... but I had to get htem anyways... they are a little loose... but I can't seem to get past them! ugh!! I am 235, and 5ft 8"... I have been stuck at this weight for some time now... like, um.. 2 years. Hormones have been causing me some trouble. I have been making more changes and this year I am seeing some results... thank goodness!

Edit to add.. I started out 280, in a size 26 and 3x tops
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 286. I started at a size 24 pant (20/22 top) and wore a pair of 22 pants to church yesterday. Right now all my weight seems to be coming off my tummy, which I guess makes sense because that's where I gained the last 10 pounds or so... I figure though I don't care when it comes off just so it does!

Good job everyone and keep up the great work!

And you gave me a wonderful idea... I just formed a group "280 ladies"
    Come join it :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11484-280-ladies
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 5'5, started out at 278 in a size 18 or 20 just depending on brand. I am down to 250 and still haven't gone down a size. My pants are getting more loose, and I have to wash my jeans almost every time I wear them now because they get baggy, but trying on a size smaller, they are still too tight.. I think 10 more pounds and I"ll be good.

When did you start going down in sizes?? I know as you weigh less, the amount between sizes is less... but I feel like almost 30 pounds, I should have been down more than this... but maybe not!

Would love to hear your story & to see your result pics!!

hey hey, the year before I had my baby i was 260 and in 6 months went down to 195. I started in Feb and didnt have to buy new pants still the summer (so about 30 lbs later) and people didnt notice i lost weight till 40 lbs. So just keep at it cause one you get past a certain amount the results seem to get better faster
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey started in December 2011. I started at 319 pounds. Last week, I weighed in at 233. When I started, I was in a TIGHT 24. Currently, I'm in a baggy 18, and will be buying new jeans in the next 5 pounds sized 16. I'm 5'8" and pear shaped, so I tend to carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.

Plus sized clothing is made for a 20 pound weight range. Once you get into regular sizes (14 and below), the clothes are made for a 10 pound weight range.

And no one seemed to notice my weight loss until I was down about 40 pounds. For the people that see you every day, it takes much longer to notice. Now, my co-workers comment how "I'm losing so fast", but they forget this has been a year journey so far. Haha!
  • AnnaSTL
    Options
    When I lost weight a significant amount of weight a few years ago I was at about 250lbs. It took me about 25lbs-30lbs to go down a pant size. It was frustrating because I was so excited about every pound I lost and I REALLY wanted to see my pant size decrease. I celebrated each pant size with a new pair of jeans!

I have regained almost all of my weight back, and am trying to go through the weight loss process again. :)
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started at 293 and a size 24W top and bottom - I am now at 202 and a size 16 and extra large tops. It seemed to take forever for the sizes to go down or for me to realize I was in a smaller size. Remember there is a difference in a 18 v/s 18W or 16 v/s 16W and different brands vary also. Hang in there soon enough you'll start seeing those NSV.
  • mjfhorsey
    Options
    Same here...the waist is the driver for me too...and I hate having tight buttoned pants.
  • christinemorgester
    Options
    Wow, what a difference you've made! Look at you!! Way to go; keep up the great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!