Jumping Rope

Options
13»

Replies

• TodayYesterday
    TodayYesterday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've started jumping rope too. I was uncoordinated at first. Gets easier with practice. I do 1 minute jumping, 1 minute rest, and repeat for 40 minutes. Just starting to try 2 minutes jumping, 1 minute rest. Geat workout. I had a personal trainer once who recommended it. It burns a lot of calories!
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use a weighted jumprope which does some great work on your arms simultaneously :-)

This is what I was going to recommend.
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5 & below has jump ropes for $5 if you just wanted to try it out cheap (and they have some other cheap equipment you can try out before getting anything fancy!)
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My clumsy self would trip over the dang thing. But perhaps I should look into buying one. You all make it sound so awesome!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

We should make this the jump rope thread.

I think we should just start a menacing jump rope gang.

I think exercising without a jump rope is fine, but to have a menacing jump rope gang, you really need the jump rope. No one will take you seriously as a gang if you don't

When your jump rope gang is truly bad *kitten*, no one has the balls to tell you that you that you don't have a rope attached to your handles