Meal Plan from Professional Female Body Builder

Options

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Lets see....no lifting program/workout listed. Imma say you'll get TOO bulky in 5 days.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    this is why i'm not a body builder
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Do you train like a female body builder?

Are you lifting fasted?

Totally boring, and unnecessarily so unless you are uber lean and have a comp or shoot coming up.

Bunch of unnecessary supplements.

Very similar to my thoughts. Unless your training for a comp and/or planning a serious cut this seems OTT. If your not training right you arn't going 'to bulk up' no matter what your diet is like. Female's don't get serious muscle by accident.

she's suggested 5 days of 45 min cardio..and strength training 3 days a week....this is a plan for comp....but i was just thinking of doing it for maybe 2 weeks for quick results..then slowly going back to a more normal HEALTHY lifestyle

hmmm i'm highly dubious of anything that offers 'a quick fix'. It tends to lead to quick weight loss then it being regained after the 'quick fix' stage has passed.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think female body builders are very unattractive and unfeminine. If they're taking steroids, even more so. The female body was made to have nice curves and a little meat on it -- not look like you could crush walnuts with your thighs.

If you want a nice body, go for the yoga/pilates/aerobics type body. The "fitness" body where there is muscle tones and lean lines -- not ripples of muscles. I'm a straight female and even I think that's a hot body on a female! (and what I'm aspiring to become)

Unbelievable.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Are you lifting fasted?

Totally boring, and unnecessarily so unless you are uber lean and have a comp or shoot coming up.

Very similar to my thoughts. Unless your training for a comp and/or planning a serious cut this seems OTT. If your not training right you arn't going 'to bulk up' no matter what your diet is like. Female's don't get serious muscle by accident.

she's suggested 5 days of 45 min cardio..and strength training 3 days a week....this is a plan for comp....but i was just thinking of doing it for maybe 2 weeks for quick results..then slowly going back to a more normal HEALTHY lifestyle

When is your comp?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That diet looks pretty lean to me. I think you could follow that to a T for six months and not really get 'bulky'.
  • healthycanadian42
    Options
    This looks unnecessarily boring.
    I would doubt the necessity for BCAAs but if you've got the disposable income, go for it.
    Glutamine is not likely doing you much of anything.

Did this pro bodybuilder friend find out your TDEE and if so, what is it?
    What is the caloric and macronutrient intake of the meal plan?
    Did she ask you about foods you enjoy eating before making this plan or did she say "Here, eat these food

Agreed!! Most people don't know about this. READ this!
    www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981&page=1
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Are you lifting fasted?

Start with the HEALTHY lifestyle.

Any weight you lose doing this will be put right back on again once you start eating regularly

Find out your TDEE and reduce it by 20% and focus on your macros. Most of those supplements are pretty unnecessary.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    i want noticably toned arms and legs..and a six pack...a muscular back/shoulders/calves even dont matter to me..guess i need to focus on target areas?

You should do nothing but bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, leg ext and leg curls. 5 x a week.

Should get you to where you want to go.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

I think female body builders are very unattractive and unfeminine. If they're taking steroids, even more so. The female body was made to have nice curves and a little meat on it -- not look like you could crush walnuts with your thighs.

If you want a nice body, go for the yoga/pilates/aerobics type body. The "fitness" body where there is muscle tones and lean lines -- not ripples of muscles. I'm a straight female and even I think that's a hot body on a female! (and what I'm aspiring to become)

I rarely poke my head into the forums but really, this is quite insulting to a lot of women who work hard, lift big and look fantastic, feminine and strong. They're also trying to break the stereotypes that you seem to be perpetuating. Unreal.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This is what 95% of female physique competitors eat like. Reason being, getting a figure competitor down to sub 8% bodyfat causes alot of problems, and may or may not be healthy...so they only do it if they're headed for actual competition. I'd say most figure and physique girls hover around 12-18% when they aren't getting ready for a show.

If you're a natural athlete, it's almost impossible to look "too muscular" as a female. 1. because you have about 1/10th of the testosterone a man has in his 50s. 2. I highly doubt most girls go into the gym and try to squat 400 pounds or bench press twice their bodyweight.

Which is why natural female "bodybuilding" barely even exists (and they certainly are not judged on size, or musculature...rather much more on aesthetic flow and symmetry). Since it's hard for them to bring out muscularity while maintaining muscle like a male. What you end up getting is sort of a "figure model" look..which is more shredded than a bikini competitor (what I would think most girls' ideal is).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Well, are you thinking of doing this plan because you want to become a professional body builder? I don't think this type of diet is necessary for someone who is doing it more for enjoyment or personal goals. This diet also seems like something that wouldn't be a year round diet, but during a phase of preparing for a competition. I could be wrong though....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    i want noticably toned arms and legs..and a six pack...a muscular back/shoulders/calves even dont matter to me..guess i need to focus on target areas?

You should do nothing but bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, leg ext and leg curls. 5 x a week.

Or not...
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Any weight you lose doing this will be put right back on again once you start eating regularly

Find out your TDEE and reduce it by 20% and focus on your macros. Most of those supplements are pretty unnecessary.
    [/quote]

I don’t know anything about macros but I have already calculated my tdee..i went from 1200 to 1600 calories a day…but I DO want to start taking some kind of supplement…it doesn’t have to be extreme….anybody have any suggestions???
  • BigH89
    BigH89 Posts: 44
    Options
    Did the recommended food intake on the list, factor in your TDEE? The reason I ask is this: Often times these pre-determined lists of foods aren't customized for the individual.

Ultimately, what's going to effect your body composition in terms of diet, is your total calorie and nutrient intake. It's not a function of the names of the foods you eat.

This x9999

Don't rely on prepackaged meal plan crap.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    For me, that sounds a bit too boring for my tastes. It also sounds like really small meals! (love my food!)

But hey, if that works for them then that's great, but I couldn't handle it. I don't wish to be a bodybuilder, although I do want to have a decent level of muscle mass! What I'm doing at the moment (eating about 4 times a day, regular sized meals, IIFYM) works for me.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

You'd fit right in at my gym then. The land of the male chicken leg species.....
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I don’t know anything about macros but I have already calculated my tdee..i went from 1200 to 1600 calories a day…but I DO want to start taking some kind of supplement…it doesn’t have to be extreme….anybody have any suggestions???

I think you would benefit from reading through the stickies in this group quite a bit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Also, don't you dare tell me what MY body was made to look like or do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What do you want a supplement to do?

It seems as though you are not leading up to a comp, so in my opinion, there is no reason to eat as though you are.

Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit, get your macros sorted out and do a good progressive loading strength routine.