Which milk is best

Options
2»

Replies

• Drizap
    Drizap Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you like Almond Milk then stick with that. I think it has a lot of "junk" in the ingredients one of which can potentially promote tumor growth. II cannot stand how it tastes and it's so salty. I love me some regular 1% Organic Milk.

What's junky in there? I am really just trying to be as healthy as possible. I like all 3 choices (almond, soy, cow). I feel slightly inclined to stay away from the cow milk b/c i hear that dairy isn't the best, seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews.
  • Drizap
    Drizap Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone. I think i'm going to hedge my bets and rotate.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm an almond milk drinker here. Low in calories, is "fortified", and it blends well in cooking.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eliminated regular milk from my diet many years ago because I just don't like the taste. I drank only soy milk for years, but now I drink both almond and soy. I do sometimes use canned milk for cooking and I eat cheese because it tastes good.

You don't need any type of milk if you are getting enough calcium from other sources. Which is "best" would depend on the rest of your diet, but mostly it's just personal preference. Drink what you enjoy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you like Almond Milk then stick with that. I think it has a lot of "junk" in the ingredients one of which can potentially promote tumor growth. II cannot stand how it tastes and it's so salty. I love me some regular 1% Organic Milk.

"junk" that promotes tumor growth?? Salty?? What type of almond milk are you talking about?