What do you eat with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with pineapples & strawberries....they are always best fresh, but on occasion i will get the "Breakstones Cottage Doubles", and it's only 100cals...delicious!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up tomato onion and green pepper. Little salt and pepper and yum. Also like to eat it with any fruit.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time....
    today for lunch-- scrambled eggs, add cottage cheese at last min to warm and top with spike (or mrs dash) and diced tomato... so good.
    I often mix it will chicken curry, I am not a rice fan so it calms the spice (also chicken curry, cottage cheese and diced apple so delicious)
    I will mix single serving with spagetti sauce and veg, low carb (plus I HATE pasta).
    Oh i mix it with chili (okay I am a spice wimp and my husband likes it spicy so this is the way we compromise, he gets his spice I get mine toned down with cottage cheese--this is for curry and chili....)
    I also mix with cinnamon and apples
    in previous years I have mixed with sf pudding and ff cool whip --makes like a cheese cake, or fruit dip
    I add to lazagna I prefer dry for that, but if I don't have I use what I have.
  • deelutch
    deelutch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese makes a great Macaroni and Cheese, it melts really great rolled in an egg omlette. Or for a sweet treat top with a fat free jelly or even some fruit!
  • deelutch
    deelutch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese makes a great Macaroni and Cheese, it melts really great rolled in an egg omlette. Or for a sweet treat top with a fat free jelly or even some fruit!
  • meldonc
    meldonc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spread it on melba toast top with a little salt and pepper...or just a scoop on top of salad
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    I usually have a serving a cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple tidbits, 2 tbsps of ground flax seed, 1 tbsp of unsalted peanut butter and I'm good to go. It's a yummy and filling breakfast. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    With mah teeth!
    :bigsmile:
    I know some folks add pineapple chunks to it. I love it plain.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    any kind of fruit such as strawberries, pineapples, blueberries, etc.
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It may sound weird, but when I went through a cottage cheese phase, I loved eating it with hot sauce.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Peaches, pears, pineapple, mandarin oranges, grated cheese or plain with pepper.....or not. It's all good. Just watch the sodium count if you're watching that cause cottage cheese is surprisingly high sodium.
    There's some great tasting "no sodium" and "low sodium" out now that is awesome tasting:drinker:
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat mine plain... exciting right!
  • Jlpredmore
    Jlpredmore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i like mine with pepper and avocado.
  • RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump:laugh:
  • corneliagertruda
    Options
    You can eat it with anything on it or in it. It is just plain good!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Different kinds of fresh fruit, especially pineapple, are delicious in it!
    I also know people that have just put sugar on it :p
    But just plain is a good way to go as well!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    anything! cottage cheese is great.

blueberries

strawberries

cinammon

unsweetened shredded coconut
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it plain, but it's also REALLY good with cantaloupe.

My mum really enjoys it on plain white bread with a dollup of homemade apple butter on top of the cottage cheese. :)
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I blend low fat cottage cheese with eggs and use it to make crustless quiche - add whatever flavours you like! Gives a good creamy cheese flavour without adding all the fat!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper!

YUUUUMMMMMM

I'm a bit strange with food texture in my mouth - I like almost all food that most people will eat mixed with cottage cheese (tomatoes, pineapple, peaches, etc) but I cannot mix them together and eat them. If they are both on my plate - No problem, just cannot eat them mixed.
    Yeah, I'm weird! :)