Peanut butter alternative PB2

Options
13»

Replies

• kristiepater
    Options
    Sounds good, but if you are concerned about health, check out this website first.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

Talks about why not to eat PB2.
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Love it, especially the chocolate. I purchase it fromAmazon.
  • johncarlfowler
    Options
    I like it and buy it. Like others I don't actually try to make a spread out of it. I like 2 T in 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt with a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, for example.

It's probably worth mentioning that it is basically peanut flour and sugar and you can get peanut flour cheaper online. You can buy it at just about every store where I live and for the convenience I don't mind paying a bit more.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    OM NOM NOM! I have never made it into a spread, I usually use Barney Butter 90-calorie almond butter packets if I want a spread. The PB2 is AMAZING!!!! I love both the plain and the chocolate ones. I put a tablespoon in plain 0% Greek yogurt or plain quick oats, with some cinnamon, or I add it to my FAVORITE smoothie, which is 6ox 0% plain Greek yogurt, 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tbsp PB2, 1/2 a frozen banana, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, in blender, BAM! Instant yum...
  • LouPsych
    LouPsych Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the peanutbutterutopia link. I really like PB2, and had no idea it would come with chocolate (HEAVEN!). I'm putting this on my list to order once my current jar runs low.
  • tiffyree
    tiffyree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it has a strange after taste, didn't quite do th etrick for me. :(
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but if you are concerned about health, check out this website first.

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

Talks about why not to eat PB2.

bahhhhh..... this is ONE person's opinion.

This is all natural and a GREAT alternative to high fat nut butters.
    I swear by it.