• GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    cute-captions-29.jpg

I LOVE this!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in college and insanely stupid about how to lose weight, I decided to not eat anything at all my entire first semester of freshman year except for 2 salads made with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and a couple other extremely low calorie veggies and nothing else.

Yeah. I lost a lot of weight. I won't bother telling you how crappy I felt.

And that special time of the month came around...on top of the fact that I was already hungry...

I had 3 large pizzas, cheesesticks, 15 Snickers bars (I raided the candy machine and bought them all!!!), and then some cheese puffs afterwards.

I was so sick I felt like I had just drank 2 cases of beer the night before. It literally was like a "food hangover" the next day.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Anytime I eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's, man.

I know what you mean...lol ^^
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    On my birthday last year I went out with about 8 friends to this really delicious (and fancy) italian restaurant. I ordered lobster tail which was served on a bed of really wide home-made noodles in chardonnay cream sauce (a pound of pasta, easy). I ate the entire meal, along with 2-10 bites of food from my friend's plates, including but not limited to, beef medallians, cavatelli in pesto, mushroom risotto, chicken parmasea, shrimp, ate about 10 pieces of cibiatta bread dipped in oil and balsamic and fresh parmasea, a salad, and 2 (very delicious) canoli, 2 glasses of riesling and 1 glass of port wine. Afterwards, my stomach was in severe pain. It was the first time I had ever eaten lobster, and about 15 minutes after the meal I got very hot and dizzy and my jaw was tingling and I nearly passed out. It was super scary and I was pretty sure I was having an allergic reaction to the lobster or shrimp. I went to the doctor to get allergy tested and they came back negative. the doc said she thought I had a vasovagal response which can sometimes happen when the stomach becomes overstretched from over-eating. Basically it causes a drop in blood pressure, causing you to feel faint. So I quite litterally almost ate until I passed out.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    can I ask something? how do you guys feel when it occurs? I heard it was a way to cope with depression, but the concept is really foreign to me. I mean, eating is certainly the last thing I want to do when depressed or sad.

If I am depressed or angry I tend to not eat much at all. I can't seem to connect my binging to my emotions. But That's not to say that I am not trying to get to the root of it all. When I binge I feel like a puppet on a string. I will start out with something innocent, like lunch. A sandwich or some steamed veggies with chicken or fish, then suddenly after I eat I turn into a wild animal. Nothing is safe. I will go have several spoonfulls of peanut butter, then jelly, then a PBJ sandwich, then some cheese, then yogurt, and crackers, maybe an apple and banana. I just feel like I can't pack it in enough. Then I feel terrible and start beating myself up.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Food, especially foods containing dairy and sugar, can act as mood elevators temporarily. Also, for many, eating good food is a very enjoyable experience and a distraction from emotions.

Of course, that is before the inevitable hangover and crash the next day, and trying to battle off further intense cravings for more junk.

sugary food is delicious and enjoyable but I don't understand how someone could go through 5000-7000 calories without noticing and stopping it halfway.
    If I am depressed or angry I tend to not eat much at all. I can't seem to connect my binging to my emotions. But That's not to say that I am not trying to get to the root of it all. When I binge I feel like a puppet on a string. I will start out with something innocent, like lunch. A sandwich or some steamed veggies with chicken or fish, then suddenly after I eat I turn into a wild animal. Nothing is safe. I will go have several spoonfulls of peanut butter, then jelly, then a PBJ sandwich, then some cheese, then yogurt, and crackers, maybe an apple and banana. I just feel like I can't pack it in enough. Then I feel terrible and start beating myself up.
    did you realize you were binging or did you just realize it after the damage was done? sorry if I sound stupid just wondering.
  • xmradio123
    Options
    1 Large pizza from pizza hut, 8 wings, 2l of dr pepper!
  • Andyjdyer
    Andyjdyer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how someone could go through 5000-7000 calories without noticing and stopping it halfway.

That's a really good point - but I think part of the problem is being distracted when you're eating. My worst binge happened when I was pulling an all-nighter at work, and managed to put away 30 pieces of KFC, a side of potatoes and 2 biscuits (7680 calories). I was busy working, and every time the work got a bit tedious (there was a lot of waiting around), I picked up another piece of chicken from the bucket(s)... and another.... and another... I only realized how many pieces I'd eaten when I was counting the bones and detritus as I was cleaning up my desk the next morning. That was the very same morning I joined myfitnespal.com.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Dorito and mayo sandwiches. Seriously.
  • jancli
    jancli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That one is too good! Funny stuff!
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    - wendy's: 2 junior bacon cheeseburgers, 2 caesar chicken wrap, 1 "small" chili, and a broccoli n cheese baked potato + coke
    - whole pizza - 7 slices out of 8 - so I can say I didn't eat the whole box!
    - a full cadbury's fruit & nut candy bar in one sitting & wanted more!
    - chinese takeout - ordered 4 meals (minimum delivery reasons) and eat 2 for lunch/ 2 for dinner...

X_X
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    A whole can of german chocolate cake frosting. I think I passed out from sugar coma.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    OMG! The homemade chili post was super funny.
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Case of beer. Can't for the life of me tell you what I ate with it, or what happened to the cat. :-/
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    4 cans of frosting...hilarious!

My worse (from what I recall). Brusters ice cream sundae with brownie and mint choc chip ice cream, pretzel w/cheese, reese's cup and mcdonalds somewhere in there. My home girl at a 12 pack of hot Krispy Kreme donuts in one sitting...it was bad. lol!!
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A freind asked me to bake a boxed cake mix that he bought because her didn't have cake pans or a mixer. So I baked the cake, then I ate it! This was the worst because I ate someone elses cake!

"busting @ the seams" laughing @ this... :D
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1/2 a loaf of fresh white bread...

fresh white bread is my biggest weakness and i can't just eat once piece if there is a fresh loaf I'll eat the crust then have to have a slice as well.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A whole jar of pickles and a quarter pound of cheddar cheese. Oh, my bowels! I don't recommend it. :sick: I can't explain why it happened but I think I must have had some nutrient deficiency or something that made me crave pickles. They were always my favorite when I was a kid and teen. I ate them every day. Now that I'm older I can take them or leave them. I still like cheese, though.

ETA: I drank ALL the juice in the pickle jar, too.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've had a few pretty bad ones. The worst part about the one I'm about to list is that I wasn't even hungry at the time. And I felt sick. Very sick. In fact, remembering how sick I felt helps me stop binges, because I remember thinking how it really wasn't worth it.

- 2 servings of Thai green curry
    - 1 chicken pie
    - 2 spiced broad beans snacks
    - 1 litre chocolate milk
    - 2 sticky toffee cupcakes
    - 4 pieces of pizza
    - 100g block of chocolate
    - 2 servings of ice cream

My housemates were shocked.
  • tarablyawsum
    tarablyawsum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One time I went to Applebees and ordered six of their appetizers and ate almost all of it with only a small amount to take home. It was in the beginning of MFP and I was just getting on the right track when I made this poor decision thinking that after all my hard work I "deserved" this. I started to feel ill and sleepy. Being a former diabetic I all too well felt a sugar high coming on for the first time in a very long time. I drive home soon after feeling "drunk". Got home in time to literally pass out on my couch. Im still shocked I didnt puke and I have not binged since. I was a wreck the next day with tummy troubles and guilt.

Now that I think about it I really dont regret doing this. It was a hard lesson that was needed to be learned. Since then I have not come any where close to that again.