*need advice about something a bit awkward from ladies!

Options

Replies

• symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    there are lots of things that emulate a yeast infection and some of them can be very serious like toxic shock syndrome which could kill you so that is why we keep nagging you cuz we worry please don't take it the wrong way cuz I'm sure everyone means well. we just have your best interest at heart. hopefully the doctor has good news for you tomorrow. good luck and God bless.
    Thank you! I really don't want to seem like I'm coming off rude to certain people, I'm just extremely frightened by it all, since this is really my first time having anything like this other than a few UTI'S when I was like 15. I REALLY appreciate the feedback, and the worry, it means a lot that you all care for me. Thank you :)

LOL, no you didn't seem rude and I know how you feel about being freaked out cuz the first time I had one I thought I was dieing litteraly and I was terrified but it was just a uti. I don't mean to scare you but I guess it's better to be scared today than find out in a week that you have TSS cuz that would suck lol. I'm sure the doc will say it's something small and easily fixed but better safe than sorry.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've never had one but if it's your first I would see a dr for diagnosis. My sister has had several and knows the drill so she gets monistat. But if you haven't had one I wouldn't just assume thats what it is. I think I've seen commercials on tv for test kits that can tell you if it's a yeast infection. I believe it works like a home pregnancy test.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm hopefully going to hear good news from a doc tomorrow, and will post an update as soon as I can.
    I REALLY appreciate all the responses. And sorry to some if I seemed rude, I'm just extremely freaked out.
    I'm off to bed now though since I have class at 7:45am, so thank you again everyone. <3
  • jsawyer5
    jsawyer5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    garlic clove will get rid of yeast infections. works perfect everytime
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    there are lots of things that emulate a yeast infection and some of them can be very serious like toxic shock syndrome which could kill you so that is why we keep nagging you cuz we worry please don't take it the wrong way cuz I'm sure everyone means well. we just have your best interest at heart. hopefully the doctor has good news for you tomorrow. good luck and God bless.
    Thank you! I really don't want to seem like I'm coming off rude to certain people, I'm just extremely frightened by it all, since this is really my first time having anything like this other than a few UTI'S when I was like 15. I REALLY appreciate the feedback, and the worry, it means a lot that you all care for me. Thank you :)

LOL, no you didn't seem rude and I know how you feel about being freaked out cuz the first time I had one I thought I was dieing litteraly and I was terrified but it was just a uti. I don't mean to scare you but I guess it's better to be scared today than find out in a week that you have TSS cuz that would suck lol. I'm sure the doc will say it's something small and easily fixed but better safe than sorry.

I forgot what it's like to be young and scared, sorry, was just trying to pass on facts.

Also though, for the benefit of others reading, a UTI is one of the scary things, because it can very quickly lead to that kidney infection, so needs to be treated asap.

It is PROBABLY fine & easily treatable. (Just so much better to be safe than sorry, is all.) Hope you feel better soon, and glad to hear you're getting it checked out.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    garlic clove will get rid of yeast infections. works perfect everytime

omg STOP with the home remedies.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You have to be kidding. Get yourself to a doctor for a prescription for antibiotics.

Agreed! Whenever I've been tested for a YI, the doc has suspected something else until the test results come back. Also, the doc can give you a pill and ant-itch cream. I used an OTC treatment once. It didn't work and it was nasty squirting that slimy goo you know where!!!

It's not antibiotics. Antibiotics can actually CAUSE yeast infections because they can wipe out the healthy bacterial colonies in the vagina that prevent the yeast from taking over when you're healthy. It's an antifungal prescription medication that you need. Get thee to a Dr. You might consider eating some yogurt or supplementing with probiotics, also.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    If you do need to take anti biotics, make sure you are eating yogurt everyday. during the medicine, and everyday weeks after.
    you need to build up the good bac. so you don't have repeat um issues. then after that regularly eat some of the below foods or other probiotic foods to help prevent uti's and yeast infections, among other possible benefits.

other sources of good bacterial
    korean Kimchi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Chee (the fermented kind)

sauerkraut. Ihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauerkraut
    Health benefits have been claimed for raw sauerkraut. It contains vitamin C, lactobacilli, and other nutrients. However, the low pH and abundance of lactobacilli may upset the intestines of people who are not used to eating acidic foods.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probiotic
    Some fermented products containing similar lactic acid bacteria include:
    Pickled vegetables[91][92][93]
    Fermented bean paste such as tempeh,[94] miso and doenjang
    Kefir[citation needed]
    Buttermilk or Karnemelk
    Kimchi [92][95]
    Pao cai[citation needed]
    Sauerkraut[96]
    Soy sauce[97]
    Zha cai[citation needed]

edit to add, the yogurt doesn't have to be expensive or special, just says live cultures on it.
    even the generic will often work. though if you can afford it, could be a good idea to get the greek yogurt
    bc it is more concentrated. you can also make it yourself. tons of tutorials on it and making your own
    kimchi, and many other things on instructables dot com. step my step pictures and sometimes videos.
  • Keeshamedina96
    Keeshamedina96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first time I used Monistat, it DID burn worse than the actual infection itself. But I think that was it working its magic. I have also found that the 1 or 3 day treatments didn't knock it out for me. It always had to be 5 or 7 days to really work. Good luck!
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If after 3 days of monstat you have no symptomatic relief or have discharge pain and accompanying lower abdominal cramping you need to get yourself to your doctor/walk in clinic or hospital before you have a kidney/bladder infection.

I thought it was just that we didn't read all the posts before posting...
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    I have a doc appt at 8:45am, my place had an opening! how lucky!
    I'll be sure to post what everything was.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Please go directly to your doctor!
  • MarieRN0304
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "you've got to be kidding" but I'd love to see a doctor, sadly he's booked until Feb, 2nd.

She was being a mean wench... Ignore her... ;0) Some people really get their kicks out of that kind of stuff and it's a sad statement of who they really are.
  • MarieRN0304
    Options
    I have a doc appt at 8:45am, my place had an opening! how lucky!
    I'll be sure to post what everything was.

YAY!!!!! ;0)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You could have a UTI, also causes pain and burning, or a host of other infections that could be harmful if left unchecked for too long. Go to a Doc to be safe. Good luck and feel better soon! :D
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else said "cystitis"?

If the burning is when you pee, that's what it is. And a constant need to pee even when there's nothing there!

If that's it, drink lots of water, get some cranberry juice and drink even more water. It will take a couple of days.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't read replies past the first page, but just want to reassure you that you do not need to rush to the doctor ASAP or you will be infertile. Yes, you may have a yeast infection. You may have bacterial vaginosis. You may have a UTI. All of these things are treatable and common. Yes, it is normal to feel intense burning when you insert a medication like Monistat. Whenever I use that medication, I feel like it makes the symptoms of the yeast infection worse for the first day or so. If you are sexually active, it is good to go to the doctor to rule out any kind of std, especially if you have never had these symptoms before and are unsure what you actually have. Most likely you have a vaginal infection of some kind (yeast or bacterial vaginosis), which can be cleared up easily with proper treatment. Good luck at your appointment today!
  • Cristin129
    Options
    So, I need a bit of advice/help. I'm a 19 year old girl, and I've never had a Yeast Infection before. and I was explaining to my mom certain pains/itching/burning I've been having for the past few days and she said that's what she thinks it is and got me the 3 day treatment of Monistat. Now I have it right now but the burning is unbelievable. To those of you who have had one before and used Monistat, does the burning go away? is it even normal? And to those of you who have had one and not used Monistat, but something else, what did you use? PLEASE HELP ME.

Go to the DR. I had the same experience & it was HORRIBLE!!! Not sure if it is an allergic reaction like mine but they make a pill Diflucan (sp?) you can take...no pain & mess.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Can't you book an appointment with another doctor? Also, have you had unprotected sex recently? I've had similar things, sometimes you just need to get checked out :-) could be anything but I wouldn't worry too much honey xx
  • Hpetrie
    Hpetrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck at the doctor, hope you feel better very soon! :)