Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    I should point out my comment on ZERO cardio was to show diet is key, I should have been more clear. Cardio, naturally is a fine way to look good on the outside AND inside. Well said people! :smile:
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Does she have a boob job? It looks like she does.

She is in incredible shape!

However, this is also not my standard of beauty, most of the guys I've ever met are more attracted to a softer 'slim' look in women, so my aim is to look good to myself and my boyfriend and the people I grew up with.

I've never seen a girl like that in real life! Wow.
  • Matt_Wild

However, this is also not my standard of beauty, most of the guys I've ever met are more attracted to a softer 'slim' look in women, so my aim is to look good to myself and my boyfriend and the people I grew up with.

Yes she does.

In terms of what is attractive I always repeat the adage: what is one mans wine is one mans poison.

:smile:
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Excellent results.
  • Lyra89
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

....and a boob job.

That said, wow. She looks amazing.

She really does lol. Even though I wouldn't like to look like that, I cant stop looking at her! :tongue: I bet she would be super energetic in the, ahem, bedroom department...one huge benefit of being strong LOL
  • Lyra89

Yes she does.

In terms of what is attractive I always repeat the adage: what is one mans wine is one mans poison.

:smile:

SO true :smile: It is the same for women. I'm much more attracted to a less muscular look than many of the men on this website strive for...I like men who are naturally strong from their day-to-day jobs...that kind of 'strong arms' look with a softer stomach and bum, and no body hair LOL. A lot of my friends much prefer men who lift weights and are really hairy. It is all a matter of what we were conditioned to like :smile:
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    I would give anything to look that fit and healthy.
    I found this article before (apologies if it's already been posted) saying how women are scared to have muscles because they think it won't look feminine.
    http://bit.ly/VgDXWq
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Wow, she really looks amazing! I'd love to have the definition and low body fat she has. Both of you should be so proud, her for achieving that and you for supporting her and helping her to reach her goal.

Please pass on the congratulations! :smile:
  • Matt_Wild
    Wow, she really looks amazing! I'd love to have the definition and low body fat she has. Both of you should be so proud, her for achieving that and you for supporting her and helping her to reach her goal.

Please pass on the congratulations! :smile:

Consider it done, thank you.

She make me feel humbled to choose me as her man. I'm blessed.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    I have been lifting 6 days a week for over 2 years now. Lifting heavy some days and some low weight others. I alternate leg and upper while doing back and abs every day. I go to the gym 2-3 hours each of those days. You can see my muscles, including a line going down the middle of my stomach even though I still have a layer of fat to get rid of. I am hoping once that is gone the true shape of my body will be revealed.

Even though I don't lift as heavy as some of the guys it is exhilarating to keep up with them and most times I really do work harder. I get these weird looks from newbies and its like "Um yeah, just you try and keep up with me" haha. Its not about only losing the fat for me anymore, its about becoming an athlete. I want to look like the girls in these pictures because being a skinny chic with no definition or being tone just looks sickly to me. I imagine this pale, thin armed, frail looking girl that has no energy or glow to her. Thats not for me.

Right now I fit into a size 12 jean at 213 lbs and 5'7. If things go the same they have been, I will be in a size 8-10 jean by the time of my first goal weight of 170. I got all kinds of crap from girls on here because when they were at same height and 170lbs they were still in a size 16 jean. Yup, that tells me right there they didn't exercise enough. Build muscles girls, you'll be happier in the end, not to mention you'll probably keep the weight off easier.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    bump
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    I would ...
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

i wouldn't want to look like that

I don't either. For some reason bodybuilders don't understand that not everyone wants to look like a cartoon superhero.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    She looks fantastic.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    yo220113.jpg

Shes freaking gorgeous bro! Im not a guy But if i was she would be my type of gal! beauty at its best! Tell her i think she looks amazing!
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Good to see so many people being supportive. Everyone has their own idea of beauty but there is no reason to say horrible things about someone else's idea. And yes she has had a boob job, so what? So have thousands of women!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Amazing progress in such a short time Yo! Good luck in the competition - when is it Matt - like 12 weeks away? Rock it! She's ready now! :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Amazing example of hard work and determination. I think she looks great. I like muscles, but even if I didn't , it's not hard to respect the work she's put in. Who cares if she's had a boob job! My guess would be that she had breast augmentation prior to her transformation, because the girls have "relaxed" and she wouldn't have been able to train that hard immediately post surgery. More importantly for me, it makes me realize how much my crappy diet is interfering with my progress.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    She s a lean mean fitness machine . Well done, trainer and student ! * golf clap *
  • Matt_Wild
    gxm17 - please read the rest of the thread before making insults, you will understand a little more then.