Options
    CHERRY TOMATOES AND BLACK PEPPER!
  • babybeijing
    Options
    fresh mint
  • brookelynhoneycutt
    brookelynhoneycutt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese in place of sour cream with dishes that use salsa. It is a great healthier replacement for creams/cheeses in different dishes =) I LOVE scrambled eggs, salsa, avocado and cottage cheese in the morning.

It is also delicious with just a bit of pepper and sliced tomato.

If you want to go the sweet route with it, it is yummy to add a bit of cinnamon, honey (or agave nectar), and top it with blueberries.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had never thought of the possibility of cottage cheese being a sweet option! So I am bumping this for all the yummy ideas! (Cottage cheese is way cheaper than Greek yogurt so if I can use it for dessert then I am happy!)
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    Since I'm generally not a sweets-for-breakfast person, I will mix it with a little bit of leftover rice pilaf, and maybe some nuts, if I have them.

If I am in a sweets mood, though, pineapple tidbits in juice.
  • rissaloses
    rissaloses Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like fruit on mine. I use canned peaches, apricots or pineapple. Also chopped fresh apple with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So, I'm trying to add cottage cheese into my healthy eating but I am clueless as to what to put in/on it? How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Usually plain, but sometimes I'll sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. It's also good with fresh or frozen fruit in it.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    dollop of french dressing~
  • Cobweb200
    Options
    I luurrrrve Cottage cheese anyway but especially with fresh celery sticks or if needing more calories then a slice of wholemeal toast. spread the cottage cheese on top and springkle with Worcestershire sauce or sweet chilli sauce DELISH for lunch or breakfast
  • heidichild
    Options
    BUMP
  • xGRAFIK
    xGRAFIK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes and grilled chicken together are amazing with cottage cheese
  • stina1980
    stina1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Canned apricots or peaches
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post I was wondering this myself I normally have it with apple or salad or red onion, but Im loving some of these ideas especially the baked potato :)
  • tashajo414
    tashajo414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    plain with a little salt and pepper all the way!!!
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    I mix Cottage Cheese, Walnuts, Agave Syrup and some Cinnamon VOILA - Desert time!
  • alvin0012
    alvin0012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and almonds.... sometimes i remove the almonds
  • SerenaWainwright
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE Cottage Cheese... some days I eat it with just a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash, some days with diced tomato or pineapple chunks. You can jazz it up a bit and mix it with equal parts salsa for a nice dip, sometimes I plop a tablespoon on top of my green salad as a dressing... I only eat 2% or lower tho.
  • jphardman
    jphardman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A splash of Worchestire
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Just a little pepper.

Never fruit....gross.