Yo's successful carb cycling routine with diet and regime!

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    bumping just to have in my memory
  • kg6blue
    kg6blue Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    saving for training list ... thanks!!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    First of all - you two are both HOT. You have amazing bodies and all of your hard work really shows!

Second, I have a question - is the carb cycling just for you two to get into competition shape/get to a really low BF%? Would you recommend this diet to someone who's around 30% BF still? I'm just eating at a deficit and it's working for me so far, but...I wanna look like THAT! Will carb cycling make a difference if I still have a lot of fat to lose?
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Save for later. Bump

She doesn't need to do any ab exercises?
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Incredible. This is a 3 some I would love to take part in. Except I don't want to be the fat one in the room.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Lollypopems
    Options
    Bump
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, Interesting stuff. You both look phenomenal.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I was curious about her ab workout as well...you didn't mention it in her list of exercises.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Wow she looks fantastic.

To the people saying she doesn't look womanly, I don't know what they're talking about. She doesn't look like a man. She just has muscle definition.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    First and foremost. Congrats to her for staying with her diet and training.

Second. Too much volume in her weight training.

Third. Diet looks too clean. The only thing that matters is hitting calorie intake and macros.

Fourth and I will emphasize. Partial squats don't count. Either you're going parallel where you're hip joint is in line with your knee joint or you're not. While I can appreciate her trying to Squat 185, she should lower the weight to a comfortable amount and go all the way down when doing the exercise. It will benefit her a lot more in the long run.

P.S. I love the discreet Gaspari sales pitch. ;-)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Third. Diet looks too clean. The only thing that matters is hitting calorie intake and macros.

Fourth and I will emphasize. Partial squats don't count. Either you're going parallel where you're hip joint is in line with your knee joint or you're not. While I can appreciate her trying to Squat 185, she should lower the weight to a comfortable amount and go all the way down when doing the exercise. It will benefit her alot more in the long run, for her entire body including her knees.

As her coach and the person who hasn't turned her body shape around in 4 months I would say thank you for your advice but it is not required.

I've coached her and many others to the finals of the federations they compete in, including myself.

Please don't fill this thread up with arguments - it is what people have asked to see about how Yo trains.
  • joejccva71
    Options

Fourth and I will emphasize. Partial squats don't count. Either you're going parallel where you're hip joint is in line with your knee joint or you're not. While I can appreciate her trying to Squat 185, she should lower the weight to a comfortable amount and go all the way down when doing the exercise. It will benefit her alot more in the long run, for her entire body including her knees.

As her coach and the person who hasn't turned her body shape around in 4 months I would say thank you for your advice but it is not required.

4 months? Can you post some before pics? Front and Back.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Yes, go find the pictures on the other threads.

PLEASE do not turn this thread into one big argument, it is simply to help people see what Yo has done.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Friggin awesome and thanks for keeping this positive (as opposed to the other threads). You guys look amazing.
  • joejccva71
    Options

Yes, go find the pictures on the other threads.

PLEASE do not turn this thread into one big argument, it is simply to help people see what Yo has done.

I couldn't find any before pics and I searched through about 4-5 days of threads. Maybe I missed them though. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm simply stating that in 4 months or 6 months, I'd like to see what she looked like before. Why? Because I know how hard it is for woman to look like that in a short period of time.

If you were to tell me that she has been hard working and spot on with her nutrition and everything, and 2-3 years later these are her results then I'd buy it.

Not 4 months, nor 6 months. Sorry. Nope. Unless she already had looked pretty shredded to begin with.

Anyways, congrats to her. =)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I have one question if you don't mind - I see no fruit. Does Yo not eat any? Just wondering....
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Wow! She looks great! And that's some impressive squatting!