Challenge Issued

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    *crickets*

Strange. People had SO much to say when they were criticizing her body.. they defended themselves and said they have every right to state their preference...

It's almost like they were giant hypocrites who live to trash someone else but could never handle it themselves....

yeah i couldn't handle it myself which is why i do not post pics of myself. so what? if you post pics and hold it up as the ideal you're going to get criticism.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    An MFP user Matt_Wild posted some excellent progress pictures of his fiance. I read every single response. And while the majority of the responses were supportive. There were more than a few criticisms of her body. Mainly stating 'I wouldn't want to look like that...no offense'.

So here is my proposal. I challenge anyone on this site that felt the need to make that statement, to post your bikini photos here and see just how many people out there would want to look like you. Not only that. I feel that if you can dish it out, you should be able to take it.

Any takers?

nah, i'm free to comment on pics posted that are open to crticism without posting pics of myself. sorry, disagree with this.

Oh good...it's Positive Polly!

And you're still stuck on that "ideal" thing, I see...no one told you it should be your ideal.. And clearly you have a problem with a beautiful body obtained through hard work being an ideal. Ok then.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Well said OP!!! :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I would totally post pictures, but I posted positively about his girlfriend and her amazing hard work.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21567-1355944248-2.gif
    well said
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    An MFP user Matt_Wild posted some excellent progress pictures of his fiance. I read every single response. And while the majority of the responses were supportive. There were more than a few criticisms of her body. Mainly stating 'I wouldn't want to look like that...no offense'.

So here is my proposal. I challenge anyone on this site that felt the need to make that statement, to post your bikini photos here and see just how many people out there would want to look like you. Not only that. I feel that if you can dish it out, you should be able to take it.

Any takers?

You have a horde shirt. Even though I play ally..I think I ♥ you.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    yeah i couldn't handle it myself which is why i do not post pics of myself. so what? if you post pics and hold it up as the ideal you're going to get criticism.

You freely admit you couldn't handle others making the kinds of comments on your body that you made about someone else.

And you wonder why you're coming across so poorly?
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

:laugh: :love:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I notice a lack of the posters from aforementioned thread.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the thread but let me guess, it was women posting rude/offensive/insensitive comments about her body, right?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    *crickets*

Strange. People had SO much to say when they were criticizing her body.. they defended themselves and said they have every right to state their preference...

It's almost like they were giant hypocrites who live to trash someone else but could never handle it themselves....

I see. So it's okay for you to criticize others, but can't possibly subject yourself to the same speculation. Well how about at least putting up pictures of bodies that you aspire to because I really can't fathom why Matt's fiance's body was not acceptable to you.
  • Aviva92
    Options

Any takers?

nah, i'm free to comment on pics posted that are open to crticism without posting pics of myself. sorry, disagree with this.

And you're still stuck on that "ideal" thing, I see...no one told you it should be your ideal.. And clearly you have a problem with a beautiful body obtained through hard work being an ideal. Ok then.

i don't like fake boobs. her abs are nice. fake boobs are not obtained through hard work.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    *crickets*

I see. So it's okay for you to criticize others, but can't possibly subject yourself to the same speculation. Well how about at least putting up pictures of bodies that you aspire to because I really can't fathom why Matt's fiance's body was not acceptable to you.

i don't like the fake boobs. that's why. i said that about 50 times already.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    YOU rock! Post those bikini pics, naysayers.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I don't recall the OP posting pics to ask for criticism. I think he was posting them to prove a point about what works and doesn't'.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would totally post pictures, but I posted positively about his girlfriend and her amazing hard work.

post just to add more inspiration then :) your body is amazing too!! that OT has totally inspired me, which i think was the OP'ers intention. i cant wait to have an amazing body to post pics of :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

You freely admit you couldn't handle others making the kinds of comments on your body that you made about someone else.

And you wonder why you're coming across so poorly?

EXACTLY!!!!!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ok...but the post was nothing about boobs. It was about weight lifting. YOU are stuck on boobs.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ok...but the post was nothing about boobs. It was about weight lifting. YOU are stuck on boobs.

arent we all
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    *crickets*

i don't like the fake boobs. that's why. i said that about 50 times already.

Okay... but the post wasn't about her boobs... it was about why lifting is good for a woman's body... or did you not get past her breasts?