Pear shape successes?

Options

Replies

• RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Interesting post! I've lost about 30 of the 70 I'd like to lose. I've always been mostly hips and *kitten* but after my kiddo I started gaining back, arm and face fat. The first 15 pounds I lost came off my face, arms and boobs. I didn't lose a pant size until 20 pounds. At 32 pounds, I've still only lost the one size.
    I'm okay with the fact that my thighs will probably always touch and I'll was have a big, high butt. I just want to shrink it all. I'm just happy I've only lost about a 1/2 cup size in the boob department.
  • littlebutcurvy
    Options
    FELLOW PEAR X
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always loose from the top before the bottom, in my pictures you can see my progress so far. I have noticed that the stationary bike has really helped in starting to tone my legs & behind, so that is nice. Maybe by summer I will like how I look in a pair of shorts!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm also a pear shape--definitely following this post as well. I will say this though, since I've dropped 50lbs, I can see where my bottom is maybe a lil smaller...I've never had probl seeing weight loss in my upper body and waiste. I'm just waiting on the "bottom half" to catch up but considering I am going down in size, obviously something is decreasing down there LOL
    I've always worn 18/20 in the top but 24 in the bottom :( ...TODAY I am 20 in the bottom; that's after 50lb loss. We shall see what the coming mos bring as I'm going for losing the next 50. Good luck!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Me! I have before/afters in my profile if you want to take a look. I'm 5'2 and I started off as a 14/16 and XL top, and am now a 6, although I was trying on some things yesterday that were 4's and I wear a Small or XS shirt, depending. Yes, I am still "pear shaped", my butt/hips/thighs were the last to drop weight. I walk a lot, do pilates, lift weights. Pilates has made a huuuuge difference in my thighs/butt.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear shape. And although I'm currently definitely in the "before" mode rather than "after", I can share my previous experience and give you some insight.

I'm 5'11" and currently am hovering around 200 pounds. Even at 160 pounds, I still wore a size L shirt, as I do now. I currently wear a size 14 pants and am almost bursting out of them. At 160, I wear a size 12.

Where I really noticed my legs looking slim was when I finally weighed 150 and was training for triathlons. 150 is below the middle of the weight range recommended for my height, and is a BMI of 21. I STILL usually wore a size 12 pants, sometimes a 10, but sometimes wore a M shirt.

In high school, I was very VERY skinny, and although I had wide-ish hips (can't change the size and shape of your pelvic bone!), my legs were very slim.

So really, it wasn't until I was on the lower end of the weight range for my height and exercising a lot that I lost some of that "thick thigh" situation. That being said, even higher up in the weight range, if you're weight training and building lean body mass, your thighs might not be skinny, but they'll be firm, powerful, and sexy!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I'm a junk in the trunk kinda girl too. In fact, I have on a size 14 pants today but if I didn't have the butt and high thighs I have, I'm sure I could wear a 12, because there is a nice chunk of baginess in my waist. I'll admit it gets to me sometimes that I have lost all this weight but my legs still look pretty yucky. I really want to be able to wear some cute summer things this year. I haven't worn shorts outside for YEARS...no kidding. I know summer is a long time from now and I WILL get there but being pear shaped has been a focus of my frustration through this whole thing.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Bump
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of junk in my trunk.....when I jog the junk jiggles something awful.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Is there any hope for cellulite???
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am pear shaped and quite bottom heavy with big legs. I'm wondering if anyone with a similar shape has lost weight and managed to improve the legs, thighs and butt. I guess I want to visualise what success looks like. Pics appreciated.

I have some pics in my profile. I've lost 7 inches in my waist and another 7 inches in my hips since July of 2012. It's possible, but it takes time. Even with that said, I haven't officially "dropped" a pant size, only shirt size. LOL
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well I was a pear... Measurements were: bust 48.5, waist 48.5, hips 54 & thighs 33

Now I'm more of an hourglass with pear tendencies... bust 41, waist 32.5, hips 42 & thighs 24.5

Yep, my waist is now smaller than my thighs used to be! LOL Pics are in my profile if you are interested (although I haven't taken any recently). Even the pears can shed some of the backside & thighs. =)
  • s8s8s8s8
    Options
    Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for posting the pics of your transformation. Your 'before' is very much like what I am today - same size, same look. Would you mind sharing what you did to achieve the 'after'? I'd really appreciate it as I've been struggling these past few months trying to get the lower half to be more in proportion with the top.

Sorry, first time posting, see below post.
  • s8s8s8s8
    Options
    Here are some of mine: Not sure if you will see a huge difference. I've gone from a 10/12 ish to a 8/10. I still "believe" I'm a 10, but I betcha I would easily fit some 8's, but this is hard for me to fathom since I can't recall the last time I wore a size 8.

I did not let many pictures be taken of me from the waist down.

Before
    March 2012
    420195_783261745627_1319229660_n_zpsb79ac857.jpg

During
    October 2012 (Joined MFP In September)

29950376_1484_zps647dd7dd.jpg

XMas Eve
    29950376_4321_zps517edfcc.jpg

A few days ago (Jan 2013) - Still a work in progress :-)
    29950376_248_zps9b41c69b.jpg

29950376_4452_zpsa01efc9a.jpg

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for posting the pics of your transformation. Your 'before' is very much like what I am today - same size, same look. Would you mind sharing what you did to achieve the 'after'? I'd really appreciate it as I've been struggling these past few months trying to get the lower half to be more in proportion with the top.
  • confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! Not sure if it really helped or not, but when I successfully lost weight the first time I did sugar and coffee scrubs on my thighs and bum and cellulite was not really visible.

Also, even at my smallest weight (5'7.5" and 117 lbs) I was an XS on top and a 4 on the bottom.. I don't think it'll ever look proportionate.

You can dress to emphasize your upper body: V-necks, tighter tops and looser bottoms or tighter bottoms and looser tops, A-line skirts and dresses, fluttery sleeves or cap sleeves.. just some tips.

Hope it helps :flowerforyou:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Most women who are truly pear shaped become smaller pears. They lose weight in their lower half last, but there's still more fat there than you would find in another shape. It's genetics.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Is there any hope for cellulite???

From what I've read, there is no permanent method for getting rid of cellulite. There are temporary creams and treatments, often with caffeine.
  • HanaEhab7
    HanaEhab7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm pear shaped too and here are my results so far. Its been 2 months!
    a5ktxf.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    18-MONTH PROGRESS (end of June, 2013)

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

20130920_zpsa0485783.jpg

^^^ Today, September 20, 2013. Back at the gym, getting back into lifting heavy, after a 6- week hiatus due to vacation + cataract-surgery recovery. I'm 44 years old. I am 5'9" tall and today I weighed 147.0 lbs.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    18-MONTH PROGRESS (end of June, 2013)

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

20130920_zpsa0485783.jpg

^^^ Today, September 20, 2013. Back at the gym, getting back into lifting heavy, after a 6- week hiatus due to vacation + cataract-surgery recovery. I'm 44 years old. I am 5'9" tall and today I weighed 147.0 lbs.
    Love your bathroom!!! And yes you look super awesome!!
    Im a pear too seems my stomach tightens up first than my big o thighs but they are getting smaller! Hard work pays off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!