Hi MFP! I'm new and need friends :]

Options
Here's the scoop: I'm brand new to this site and looking for a supportive network of friends to help me on my journey to lose 135 lbs. Holy moly, that is a big goal. But I'm ready. :]

Replies

• ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm Emily, 23 yo student from England living in Germany! I'm aiming to get fitter and healthier this year and loving the challenge of it so far, feeilng better than I have in ages and it's encouraging seeing results! People here are really friendly and encouraging and give you that extra push if you need it :)
    Good luck and have fun!
  • densta1968
    Options
    You're in the right place. The people here are inspirational. I'll be happy to be a cheerleader in your corner. Good luck!
  • lalalillysan
    Options
    Hey! I am on a journey to lose 120 or more! I am always available to talk, motivate and support! I look forward to going through this journey together! Let's get fit and fabulous!
  • joyfulnoise27870
    joyfulnoise27870 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place. You can do it. Just set small goals where the goal is always within your grasp and before you know it, you'll be on a roll. Thats how I lost all of mine. I'd set 5lb goals and work toward them. I'm now trying to lose my last 10 lbs and could also use the support. Add me :)
  • cjr1951
    Options
    Hi! I'm cjr1951. I am also new at this and it is driving me crazy. I would like to chat with others to find out what they are eating and how they stay on trac. I find I am always hungry even if I am not. Any one with suggestion please help.

I also would like to become friends with others.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! You're in the right place for motivation and support for some serious goals. Feel free to add me. :happy: I started this past May myself. My goals are big too and I'm 1/2 way there now! I'm here everyday, for motivation and support because I really believe the support I get here has made all the difference in my weight loss. You can do it! It's just like eating an elephant....just take it one bite at a time :laugh:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Great group of people to surround yourself with! Feel free to add me! As I have said before - its a Marathon, not a sprint!
  • TwinMom0804
    TwinMom0804 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I just started about two weeks ago. I am 5'6" and started out at 230. Hoping to get down to 160, then will take it from there! I would love to add some friends to chat with and to help motivate, maybe even share recipes and ideas! Always looking for some new and good food ideas! :). I live in Waynesville, OH.
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 22. I started last May. My beginning weight was 276 pounds. I'm down to 198! So we have the same end goal! I'd love to be 140. You can do this!! I LOVE getting motivation and helping to motivate everybody... so anybody who needs extra motivation... PLEASE ADD ME TOO!!! :)
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We can help motivate each other.... add me :)
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am on every day and I love to support my pals and be supported. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. I have 35 plus to lose, but I'm 44 so it doesn't just slip off like it does the younger set. I'll be here a while.

:glasses:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    welcome, you can do it! but you may want to set small goals. that seems to be working for me. (although I need to give myself a bit of a butt kick right now) anyone can add me who wants.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm not new, and I am almost at my goal of 40 pounds gone! Feel free to add me!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sending a request =) anyone else can add me too if they so desire, always up to new buds =)
  • ChrisDP88
    ChrisDP88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone please feel free to add me
  • Becoming_Palm
    Becoming_Palm Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! Everyone need motivators in their corners! Count me in to be yours! 2013 here we come!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    You can add me, we can motivate each other.
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    YAY I am new too, add me!!
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is a really good way to reach that goal! Anyone and everyone feel free to add me as well. I used MFP to lose almost 90 lbs about two years ago, then got pregnant with my little girl, now i'm using it again to lose the weight I gained during the pregnancy. (which was way too much lol). This time around I have lost 12 lbs of my initial 40 lb goal, but might go for more once I reach that. I am more than happy to encourage and share every tip I have on how I did it before, even including eating out once a week and having a bunch of kids running around with minimal time to exercise correctly lol. Here's hoping we all reach our goals!