How big do I look to other people?

Options

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've always thought I looked big in the mirror, even when I was in my 20's and weighed in at 118 pounds (I'm 5'6"). Now at 180, I know I'm big. Working on it, Myfitnesspal has helped a lot.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I still see myself as large. I caught a glimpse of a woman in a security mirror and thought she was wearing the same color as I was - duh it was me. Also, I have a night light in the bathroom and when I go in there at night, I look smaller in silhouette than I do when I look in the mirror or take a picture. My brain will never keep up!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah...people were asking me if I was pregnant, the peditrician, pastor at church, people I didn't know...I kept saying "I don't look pregnant do I?!" I look back at photos now and completely see it...Crazy how we don't see the things we don't want to.
    Good Luck to you!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I always knew I was overweight, but I had friends and people in life that accepted me as I was, so that should be good enough, right? NO! It's about HEALTH! It's not all what a person looks like. When I see people that are overweight (and I still am) and obese I feel sorry for them in regards to health. They are setting themselves up for a lifetime of health problems (diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. etc.) and that breaks my heart. Seeing overweight kids is especially heart breaking to me.
  • MissDefinate
    MissDefinate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I believe people see things differently than how we see things! When I look at photos is when I reality hits or when I try on clothes. So, I am now ready to face this and fix it! I am tired of hiding!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mybodygallery.com !!! Check it out. You can view other people your height/weight and get a sense of what you look like. The site is still growing so there aren't many submissions but it's pretty neat.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Pictures can be mean sometimes. Even now every once in a while I see a picture of me and I have a little pudge showing around the belly. I panic a bit and want to start losing weight again. Then I have to snap back to my senses and remind myself I am as small as I want to be and its just a bad angle on the picture.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    http://www.pictures2rate.com/

Or, just start participating in the RATE ME!!!! Chit chat threads. They're generally very realistic.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I was 230 (I'm 5'9) I didn't love how I looked but I didn't ever feel like I was REALLY big. Now that I am at my current weight (149) I am SHOCKED by how I looked back then.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    For me it is completely the contrary.... I see myself as fat until I take a picture.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Well you look fine but the m&m shirt isn't flattering.
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Usually I'd say people tend to appear 20 to 35ish pounds less than their actual weight in my opinion. Pictures are my motivation as well. I HATE people taking pictures of me. But I know the more fat I lose and the more my body changes my mind should change as well. About a month ago was my breaking point. For the longest time I let myself get to the point of not looking in the mirror, ignoring the truth. I've had so many times in my life where I've lost and then given up but let me tell you this site is awesome. The tracker is what's helping me mainly and of course SUPPORT. Without people here being honest and just supportive it's hard or pretty much close to impossible to do it alone. It's crazy how mind plays a major role when it comes to eating and exercising. Mind over matter baby!!! You can do it! Don't give yourself anymore excuses to give up!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I look in the mirror, I don't think I look that big. But, when I look at a picture of myself, it's hello Fatty Mcfatterson! I don't really know how I look to other people, but I suspect it's bigger than how I look to myself.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I always think I look ok in the mirror. Fat but not as fat as I look in pics. My recent passport pic with multiple chins was a reality check for me.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Theres no such thing as big bones. Your skeletal structure is proportional to everyone else who is the same height.
  • MLibby84
    Options
    I saw it, and wasn't really until the last 3months or so that I felt it. I've always had issues with the mirror even when I was skinny. Now I realize I didnt look so bad then. But thats when I realized I want to be small again. For my height(im 4'11) and weigh(182) you can tell. When I was around 150lbs or so I didn't think I was that bad( I tend to distribute weight pretty evenly)but now that I am at my heaviest its not so even.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    For me it is completely the contrary.... I see myself as fat until I take a picture.

I'm like this too- the opposite of OP.
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recently walked by a mirror and actually thought, " Who is that"? I wonder what people see when they look at me too. I despise picutres for that reason. It's easy to tell ourselves that we look ok but once we are faced with a picture aka evidence that we could use a lot of improvement, we tend to get discouraged
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow..,.never thought of that
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    For me it's little details, rather than an overall picture that get to me: double chin, if I kneel my butt covers my feet completely, no sign of any gap at all between my thighs. It looks to me like you have a naturally slender face, of which I am horribly jealous, so this may be part of why you feel your weight less than I do.