My 365th day.....87lbs gone

Options
One year ago, I woke up 87lbs heavier than I woke up this morning. 87lbs. That is almost the combined weight of my 2 sons....unbelievable!

People ask me what I’ve done to be successful and I say diet and exercise, but it’s been so much more. This is a life change. When I first started out, I just counted calories. I learned what exactly portion control was all about. What I thought was a single portion was often 2-3 times as much. A couple weeks later, I incorporated exercise. At first, I could barely last 10 minutes on the elliptical and forget about walking on the treadmill….my calves burned like mad! But I just kept plugging and I didn’t give up. Sure there have been “bad days”, but I still keep going. In the first few months, I often wanted to quit. Being fat was sure as hell easier than losing weight….I’m sure I have said this to my friends and family more than I even care to know! But I kept seeing the scale drop into the numbers I haven’t seen for 10+ years. I made little goals for myself and achieved them. I have plateaued quite a few times and even though I would get unbelievably discouraged, I still kept my eye on the prize.

I’ve had to do a lot of trial and error as well. What worked in the beginning doesn’t work now. What works now will not work in 6 months from now. Currently I am sitting at 44lbs away from where I want to be but I may not be done at that point. I've got my end goal at 64lbs more, but we'll see what I feel like when I get there.

I’m not putting these photos out there because I am fishing for comments and compliments…I am putting these up so that people who struggle with their weight can see that it CAN be done. I hope the one person that thinks there’s nothing they can do to lose weight can be inspired. :)

1year-1.jpg

Replies

• Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dramatic and motivating before and after pics! Thanks for keeping me inspired.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Keep up the great work!
  • Haley_Adele
    Haley_Adele Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, it's posts like yours that keep me going. Keep up your good work you look amazing well done :-D
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome...
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Holy batman! Good job
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    great story. thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing more of your journey!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!! I tell my husband all the time that "getting smaller hurts!" It's not easy and it takes dedication. You've worked hard and earned much praise!!
  • tonums1977
    tonums1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is so motivating!
  • albryant0614
    Options
    That's awesome and very motivating! Thanks for posting your story!
  • 50isMyGoal
    50isMyGoal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! Congratulations on your success and all that you have learned on your incredible journey to health and fitness!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and should be so very proud of yourself! Fantastic job:)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have so inspired me! I need to lose about 80 pounds so your story is truly my inspiration. It is amazing that you spent a year making healthy choices and it paid off! Congrats! You look great!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! Thank you for the inspiration to keep pushing along!
  • MrsDougNOLA
    Options
    Congrats! Very motivating.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're truely an inspiration to me and others!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You look great BTW!! :)
  • mycervant
    Options
    Great job and thx for posting...Lately I feel like giving up and your post reminds me you gotta keep plugging along.:smile:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep it up!! What a success!
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing. It sure motivates me to follow your lead
  • Heatherurban75
    Heatherurban75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AMAZING and inspirational!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!