Raspberry ketone pills

Options
Hi all,

well a friend of a friend has started taking these pills and is raving about them! 8lbs lost in a week and she was ill so wasnt dieting.

Ive brought some and have been taking them for a week and I must say I havent been an angel on my diet (ashamed face) BUT I still seem to have lost weight.

Has anyone else taken them or heard anything good/bad about them?

Donna x:happy:

Replies

• sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I too would be interested in anyones comments on these. I've been doing my own research on the internet about them and as far as I can see there has been no clinical trials on humans. A lot of people report success with them but an awful lot of people report no change, so its hard to judge.

For those people it's worked for, I wonder if its just eating less, drinking lots of water and exercising rather than the supplements themselves......

Gimmic or worth a try even for the metabolism increase affects????
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If there was a pill that made you lose weight while eating tons of McDonald's, there'd not be a fat person left in America. Chances are you've become more aware of what you are eating and that's what's doing the trick.
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    I too would be interested in anyones comments on these. I've been doing my own research on the internet about them and as far as I can see there has been no clinical trials on humans. A lot of people report success with them but an awful lot of people report no change, so its hard to judge.

For those people it's worked for, I wonder if its just eating less, drinking lots of water and exercising rather than the supplements themselves......

Gimmic or worth a try even for the metabolism increase affects????
    Gimmic
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Cool, it's the daily magic pill thread!

No. Just NO.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    bump - just curious haha
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol
  • aulisse
    aulisse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz was talking about them awhile back. But sometimes I don't know about him. LOL! I tried them, not consistently though, and didn't notice any substantial difference. But then again, I really didn't take them as prescribed. I forgot to take them, etc. I don't think there is a "magic pill" out there though. It's all about diet and exercise. Unfortunately. HAHA
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Placebo effect. Like mentioned, people that say they haven't changed their diet, probably are more aware of it now. And really if one goes one a trek to lose weight and just starts drinking more water, they can lose up to 10lbs in a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Hoax...

Eat Less.
    Exercise more.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Your friend was ill, taking these "supplements" and lost 8lbs, so you took it as a good thing? The illness most likely the reason for the weight loss.
    The only thing the raspberry ketones will lighten is your wallet.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh yes raspberry keystones are so effective that there isn't one overweight person in the world!!

(SMH)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz was talking about them awhile back. But sometimes I don't know about him. LOL! I tried them, not consistently though, and didn't notice any substantial difference. But then again, I really didn't take them as prescribed. I forgot to take them, etc. I don't think there is a "magic pill" out there though. It's all about diet and exercise. Unfortunately. HAHA

Please, don't mention the "O" word. The sound of quacking ducks becomes overwhelming.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No, they don't work. Also, Dr. Oz is a quack. I think we've covered the default responses.

also: SEEM to have lost weight?

either you have or you haven't.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Protip: If Dr. Oz raves about a product, it's probably a steaming pile of crap. Not saying that to be rude to you, just to Dr. Oz. :tongue:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    They probably wont help at all.
  • jrowens3224
    jrowens3224 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have heard almost nothing but bad about raspberry ketones. The impression I get is that they are a waste of money, and that your long-term success would best be suited by spending that money on healthy, whole foods to eat, and setting a calorie goal that allows you to lose weight slowly while still nourishing your body and enjoying the foods you love in moderation.
  • bambi_woodward
    Options
    I don't think anyone said it was a magic pill.

I been seeing it a lot in people's diaries, but I have no idea if it works. It's probably water soluble and you pee it out anyways :) If it helps to stay on track then I say give a try. Sometimes, taking something gives us the mind set we need to follow through with our goals. Nothing wrong with that!

I started taking a B12 vitamin because I feel very fatigued and it's supposed to boost metabolism, I don't consider it a magic pill, but it's not hurting me to take it either :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Please, don't mention the "O" word. The sound of quacking ducks becomes overwhelming.

Never start a conversation with "Doctor Oz says" or "Doctor Oz was saying"...he buys into every food fad in the book
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I take them, but mostly for the antioxidant benefits than as a weight loss product. I think I have more energy when I remember to take them but I have not lost any weight since I started taking them. No big deal though I am mostly working on maintenance and toning now anyway.