Portable lunch containers

Options
What lunch accessories do you use and cant live without? i finally realize i have to make my own food all the time and i want to make it as easy as possible. any suggestions?

Replies

• katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good question.
    I have a Laptop Lunch Box.
    paytons-lunch.jpg

and a To Go Ware Lunch Box
    2008_08_11-ToGo.jpg

I find that that Laptop lunchbox doesn't hold enough food for lunch, but it is great for packing salads. The To-Go Ware box is awesome but can't hold liquids and can't be microwaved.

These are my favorites! I'll be interested to see what everyone else has.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    These look great, thanks for responding. I hope i get more ideas as well. Packing my food to go is going to be a big help I think. I just want to make it as easy as possible. I do need something to hold salad so thanks.
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't found the perfect ones yet but I use ziploc bags when I can cause less to bring home and wash....not environmental friendly though. Im munching grapes out of a baggie right now.
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Checkout Reuseit.com. Tons of great things there!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If it is something that needs heated, I put it in a glass pyrex container that has a plastic lid. I put veggies, crackers, etc. in sandwich baggies. I put all these items in a zippered lunch box. If I can, I will reuse the baggies a couple days, just to cut down on waste.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    my thermos ( and ALWAYS preheat it with boiling water before filling with yummy goodness! And loads of lock -n-locks... leak free and easily stackable in my lunch box...
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like lunchbots.com, I also use silicone baking cups inside larger tupperware containers to partition things out.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i have an awesome conainer for salad. it has a gel top you keep in the freezer i got it at target

http://www.4imprint.com/product/115242/Salad-Shaker-Set/default.htm?mkid=6frog1152013&gclid=CMS6pqzm_rQCFckWMgodR0oAmQ

like this but its only 9 bucks. its lasting too
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I got a "Litter free lunch" lunchbox at Whole Foods and I love it. Come with containers in different sizes, a bottle for water, and Is big enough for everything I pack. (I eat breakfast, lunch and snacks at work) So, I love it. I also can't live without ziploc bags in all sizes.

http://www.newwaveenviro.com/products/litter-free-lunch-bags-kits
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I bought a 30 piece Pyrex set that has five each of multiple sizes. I've just found over the years that platic ware get grooves/cuts and get increasingly harder to wash as time goes on. Glass is very easy to clean and you don't have to worry about BPA's in plastic.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    An insulated lunch bag and some tight sealing, BPA free plastic containers of various sizes is all I need. If I didn't have access to a microwave, I'd also invest in a few good quality insulated containers of various sizes for bringing heated food.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    Great ideas. Keep them coming!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    check out sixpackbags.com. They have really great bags that are designed to hold a LOT of food.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I find that that Laptop lunchbox doesn't hold enough food for lunch, but it is great for packing salads. The To-Go Ware box is awesome but can't hold liquids and can't be microwaved.

These are my favorites! I'll be interested to see what everyone else has.
    I have a Laptop lunchbox too! And found exactly the same thing!!

I usually take my lunch in a plastic takeaway tub, as I tend to have something that needs reheating. Salads very rarely, but the laptop lunch box is perfect for that. Fruit and munchies - usually in a bag, altogether in my mini-cooler lunch bag
  • FabFran33
    Options
    Check out this site I found recently. I was looking into it for my stepson, but found I could and SHOULD be doing the same thing. The containers are available for purchase on the site, and she has hundred's a lunch ideas.

http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_SnmBV2#!i=998960659&k=Q2r3K4x
  • babybeijing
    Options
    i love bento's...the japanese boxes...
    its amazing...and very beautifull by the way
    and u can have for any type of food
    http://www.bentoandco.com/collections/bento-box
  • PharmerRx
    PharmerRx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like this lunch bag, fits everything I need for the day!

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/crew-cooler-ii/204851?productid=10173245
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my stay fit salad bowl...

my step mother got it at her job and just gave it to me. i threw it in the cabinet not realizing how important it would be to me one day...i LOVE this thing!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I checked it out. Great idea but expensive. $70. Sixpackbags.com
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    You were right. This is one of the favorite sites so far. I found several things i think i will order. Thank you.