Do it with me, or get the heck out!!

Options

Replies

• mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    becarefull. I'm on girlfriend #3 since i started losing.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This isn't what I came into this thread hoping for

Yeah...I am disappointed once again.
  • MILF_wannab
    Options
    can you believe that *kitten*? My hubs does the exact same thing. He is not allowed to watch cuz he trys to make fun of me and stuff and while I'm working out if you tick me off...i'm liable to come knife yeah. I love Jillian, she's one tough beeoch! Good luck girl!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Did you think that maybe your husband thinks it's sexy/awesome that you're exercising? Maybe he just wants a little show? Just saying......
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So, I started the 30 day Shred 3 days ago. I'm suffering for sure, but I'm sticking with it. The bigger problem is, last night my husband comes into the room and stands there eating a handful of chips (chomp, crunch, chomp) and WATCHES me do the video!! That pushed me right over the edge! I looked at him and said, "Either do this damn thing with me, or get the hell out of here!"
    Am I sorry I lost my temper? Sort of. But, mostly not. He thinks he was being supportive by being in the room with me. On what planet is that supportive?
    Sorry, I just need to complain. I've started this "diet" and excerise thing pretty much alone. It's really hard to stay focused when everyone around you is just doing and eating whatever they want. Every night I hear, "Let's go get a Blizzard." to which I respond, "None for me, thanks. You guys go ahead." I'm fine with that, but I'm drawing the line at someone eating snack food while watching me excerise!
    Deep breath! Ahhh...now I feel better!

Well .. in his defense .. he doesn't know better.. and let me point out .. you're NOT on a diet .. you are making a permanent lifestyle change. You need to drop the bad habits and incorporate healthy ones. Ones you can live with and manage for the rest of your life.

Just like an alcoholic is considered forever an alcoholic even after years of sobriety.. they also have to learn to deal with people drinking around them. Sure .. they can avoid going to bars and keep the booze out of the house.. but they can't control every situation where there may be alcohol.

You have to change your view of food or junk food or whatever your relationship with food is. Make it a healthy one and don't spit venom at those around you that choose not to eat the same as you .. or exercise with you.

Sure.. Mr. Hubby there wasn't exactly doing the right thing .. but instead of blowing his head off - ignore the chips or ask him to please not snack around you while you're working out. :flowerforyou:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Calls for a throat punch if you ask me.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This isn't what I came into this thread hoping for

Who cares. No one types a post to meet someones needs. Obviously it did something for you if you had to leave a comment. :noway: just sayin

Strong join date to post count ratio
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Divorce.

Surely you meant to say "Just break up."
  • Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    He thinks he was being supportive by being in the room with me. On what planet is that supportive?

We need support from our spouses and it is really difficult when we do not get it. Try to vent your frustration by lifting heavier weights..it works for me! :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd punch someone square in the baby maker if they stood there and watched me exercise.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    I'd punch someone square in the baby maker if they stood there and watched me exercise.

Sometimes watching me exercise makes my wife want me to punch her in the baby maker.
  • spade117
    Options
    Divorce.

Surely you meant to say "Just break up."

No, that's Dani's.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Remember you can only change yourself. It is very unfair to demand others to join you, though they certainly could be more sensitive to your need not to see them eating poorly. Remember your goals, and try not to get too crazy about the eating going on around you--it's going to happen all the time and you need to learn how to deal with it without a meltdown. Good luck and wishing you patience.

This is generally my attitude. However, I could see myself getting very snappy if the BF were shoveling down a plate of biscuits and gravy, while just STARING at me, when I was working out. His eating it might not get on my nerves - his eating it around me while I'm working out might not get on my nerves.

Him eating it and staring at me while working out would probably bother me.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My wife is trying to lose 50 lbs this year. I ask her often how it's going with intake and exercise. I send her encouraging texts on days with her trainer. She says I'm bugging her too much. Then I read this. There must be a happy medium somewhere.
  • spade117
    Options

Careful, you might hurt your hand.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have posted elsewhere about my very slender and athletic partner. If I workout at night, I can almost guarantee that he is going to be eating while watching! Sometimes on the weekend he goes upstairs to work in the office, then hears the Wii come on and comes down to see what is going on, but then realizes he is hungry.

Where do you work out? What else happens in that room when you aren't working out? I work out in the great room - his only options are upstairs in the office or the bedroom, and I would probably be more annoyed if I found out he was taking naps while I was working out. Instead, he usually stays in the great room, but steals my Ipad while I am using the TV. I think he feels really lost when I am taking up the living room like that, even if he has already done his own workout at the gym at work.

Do you warn him that you are going to work out, or does he wander in to see what is going on?

And, as Lora said, maybe he is coming in to check you out! My guy likes that I usually work out in boy shorts and a tank top, but I imagine some of the moves are less than endearing.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    the only ones I can work out when they watch me is my kids...they learned to not say certain things to me when I am working out cause I told them certain things hurt my feelings. I can't workout when my husband is in the same room..lifting weights I don't mind but doing a workout video I feel silly when he watches me do the video. I have to wait til he is not in the room and doing something else, or at work...=)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Careful, you might hurt your hand.

Oh, I'd break it, surely. And the gawker would laugh at me... Guaranteed.
  • ssvierck1020
    Options
    Hi
    So what is the 30 day shred? I am new to this site and I am trying to get healthy for good now. I have quit smoking and I have 30 lbs to lose. My husband is not going to a big help as he is a huge junk food junkie so I think I am on my own with this. I have seen a few people talk about this so I am curios.
    Thank you