Drinking and Diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I switched to wine. Unfortunately for me, I like the sweet wine that doesn't taste like wine.....MOSCATO, which also happens to be loaded with calories. 300+ for a heaping glass filled to the brim. The 150 calorie version tastes even better. 1/2 glass Moscato and the other half Sprite Zero!! Amazingly sweet, bubbly, and delicious!! My husband who hates wine even loves it!
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love love love beer! Good beer! But, I have learned I have to alternate each beer with water. Cuts down on my beer consumption, and helps out my wallet. Also gets me more exercise in, as I have to go to the ladies room more often with the water. Haha!
  • LauraCrossen
    LauraCrossen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink Sugar-free/low calorie ginger beer with a shot of white rum (or dark spiced rum for a treat) clear spirts are about 80-100 cals and then as long as your mix with no calorie mixer your all good :)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My finance has started making his own beer, anyone know of a way to tell what calories are in home brewed beer? We have the gravity readings which let us know how much sugar the yeast has eaten, is there a formula to go from there to determine the calories?
    Yep. You need the OG and FG. The recipe program I use computes this automatically. Or use http://www.franklinbrew.org/tools/ac2.html

Here's a strong beer example - OG 1.070, FG 1.020 = ABV 6.4%, calories 235 per 12oz
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i say, drink all you want, just keep it inside your goals....
  • chrissycongro
    Options
    I love jack and unsweet tea with lemon. The caffeine in the tea helps me stay awake like a soda would but with no calories and the lemon gives it an extra refreshing kick. I go for a shot that I then pop into my unlimited tea refill glass and by the time I've had a full shot the waiter diluting my second just doesn't bother me as much!
  • Bobbyjr72
    Bobbyjr72 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    scotch, scotch, scotch...i love scotch.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I still drink the big beers. I'd rather have 1 awesome beer to finish a day off than to not. This past saturday, I tore into Founders Breakfast Stouts. I also ran 7 miles that morning.

It's ALL in moderation. If you'd rather drink two 115 calorie beers, go for it. I'd rather make room in my day for something awesome though.

There's an Avery Samael in the beer fridge right now. It's getting cracked open once I finish a measured half marathon.

I agree with this! If you're going to drink, get the good stuff!

Also I totally drank beer last night because I was under my BMR and needed more calories. Heh. Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter = delish!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I drink hard alcohol with 0 calorie mixer crap. It's not amazing, but gets me drunk, which would be my goal. I also try to reserve around 1000 calories for my drinking.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    The only time I drink pop (soda to people in the states) is with alcohol... rye (whiskey) and diet = 67 calories per drink.
  • alexanderdgray
    Options
    If doing this means giving up good cheese and good beer, I can't do it. Quality, not quantiy--log the calories and deal with it.

I find I am drinking a lot less beer--but I enjoy the ones I do have even more. Plus it saves me money--good beer ain't cheap.