What Food Did You Eat as Child That Would Gross You Out Now?

Options

Replies

• princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    mayonnaise sandwiches, vienna sausages,and toast with butter and onion powder ...blech!

What you said minus the toast part. Add Pickled Pigs Feet, souse meat, and brussel sprouts dipped in ketchup. I wouldn't dare eat those now. well maybe the mayo sandwich........ :ohwell:
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I was the leader of a little gang called "the revolting recipes club". In order to be a member you had to be able to eat FIFTHS (5 servings) of baked beans in the canteen at school. We would then compete with who could make their meal the most revolting by mixing the main course, pudding and drink together. Seriously gross!

For any Whovians out there, we discovered fish fingers and custard years before The Doctor made it cool :P
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Rice with butter on it. I can't stomach even the idea now.
    I survived the college cafeteria on rice with butter & grated parmesan and PBJ sandwiches...No clue how I didn't gain a ton of weight.

I went to college in South Carolina where the geechie way is white rice EVERY day. I love rice but I can live without white rice at least not daily anyway yuck!!! I survived on thick cut french fries and cheese sauce many a day. Thank goodness I had a job and a car and could leave campus.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I was the leader of a little gang called "the revolting recipes club". In order to be a member you had to be able to eat FIFTHS (5 servings) of baked beans in the canteen at school. We would then compete with who could make their meal the most revolting by mixing the main course, pudding and drink together. Seriously gross!

For any Whovians out there, we discovered fish fingers and custard years before The Doctor made it cool :P
    omg LOL i did something similar as a kid but on my own, and it wasnt a club, and i made my parents eat the stuff i made.
  • Millie2045
    Options
    Radishes & celery my dad used to force us to eating everything on our
    plate. If we didn't we would get it for the next meal & the next one after
    that!!
    Also gooseberries they are just vile!!
  • Dianna_223
    Options
    dog food. and those little milk bones..oh god. my sister and i loved them when we were little! we would pretend to be dogs.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Vienna Sausages. D: Ugh. Loved them SO much when I was a kid.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Circus Peanuts...you know the orange fake marshmellow ones...my foster grandmother used to give them to me. The thought of them now makes me want to vomit.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish sandwiches
    Raisins

Mom fed me those things so often as a kid that the smell and sight of 'em gags me now.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    dog food. and those little milk bones..oh god. my sister and i loved them when we were little! we would pretend to be dogs.
    OMG me and my sister used to munch on those too! LOL
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I was little I LOVED sardines..I craved them...now, I cant even look at them without wanting to gag.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Bacon and peanut butter sandwich :noway:
    …but now that I've written that it would gross me out I'm second-guessing myself!
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bacon and peanut butter sandwich :noway:
    …but now that I've written that it would gross me out I'm second-guessing myself!

omg this sounds heavenly
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Grits with tuna. Yuck!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    66DX2D9.jpg

Back in the day, this was considered nutrition!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    A slice of bread and watered sugar on top... :sick:
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs...my dad used to make them, ugh! I also used to love fluff on cheese or a banana...I still love all three but not together.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow peeps.
  • mslela1
    mslela1 Posts: 4
    Options
    McDonald's and Hamburger Helper definitely.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Hahaha! When my kids grew up, they told me that my oldest son (now 39) used to trick my younger two (31 and 29) into eating dog food telling them how good it was for them.

This is the same son that every Easter used to convince the younger two that they HATED Cadbury eggs. He would convince them to give him all of their eggs. He told them he would "eat them even though they're yucky, so Mom's and Dad's feelings aren't hurt." Now he's a cop and a workout freak (like mother, like son - haha) but he still loves his Cadbury eggs. So do the younger two now that they know they don't hate them!:laugh: