Ladies 5'10 and up.... Success Stories!

Options

Replies

• SherieCarter
    SherieCarter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and started out at 223 pounds last spring. Then, I started working out again in August at 219 pounds. This morning, I weighed myself, and I am lighter than I have been since middle school---187 pounds! I'm really hoping to be at my goal weight (165) by this May.

All I have been doing up until this point is running and tae bo as often as I can. I live a busy life, with work and school full-time, but I make time to work out as much as possible. I started out running in August and couldn't even run a quarter of a mile, but I can now run 6 miles in 57 minutes! My goal is to be able to run a half marathon by July.

If you want to add me as a friend, feel free! :) Good luck, guys!
  • kwseneca
    Options
    Holy crap you guys are so tall. I'm only 5'2" :( Good luck everyone!
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...always looking for tall ladies to help/get support.

Height: 5'10"

SW: 189
    CW: 174
    GW: 140 - 135
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'm 5' 11 and have lost 50lbs, currently maintaining at around 176. I'm happy under 180 but have 170 to aim for to give me some leeway and to tone up some more.
    My goal has always been be fit and healthy and strong, not a certain weight or size.. :) Pics on my profile!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Some of you girls want to be very slim!

I'm 5'10" and currently 167. Want to get down to 160.

For those who want to be/are about 145-150 - how easy do you find it to maintain that weight? I got down to 153 and it seemed impossible!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm happy to add any tall friends. I'm 5'10" and today weigh 203lb. aiming for top end of the healthy weight range - 175lb - and see how I look. I'd like to be a size 12 UK (think that's 8 US). Currently size 16 UK. I've lost 26lb so I'm nearly halfway along my journey! Tha't my success so far...
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and currently maintaining at 152-155. Been there for over 6 months now and I'm finding my body is comfortable there I think. I've not worked out in over a month and have kinda been eating crap due to a new schedule and working overnight shifts now, yet I'm holding steady at this weight.

I started out at 213 as my heaviest. I will post pics when I get to a computer.
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    I'm 5.11, I've gone from 159 to 148 and I'm aiming for 133. I weighed less than my goal weight when I was 16-19 (im nearly 24 now) but never really had any muscle, so this time I want to tone up as well as slim down. I know muscle weighs more than fat so if I get to around 139 and I'm happy with how I look then I will stop there!
  • beautmel
    Options
    Hi Tall ladies!!!

I'm 5'9 and currently at 145. Was around 175 at my heaviest a few years back but through weight watchers I've managed to lose the weight and maintain my current weight for the last 3 years. Before the holidays I was at my lightest at 138 and i'm hoping to get back to this weight. I have, however just started with weight training and my hubby has forbid me to weigh myself! Apparently the scales might go up but I might still lose inches. He knows how hung up I am about the scales.

I'm quite new to MFP so please feel free to add me. Any motivation we can give each other is great!

:) x
  • omalichand
    omalichand Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 231 lbs. Had a baby 8 months ago and still trying to lose pregnancy weight. My ideal weight is 160lbs and super skinny would be 150lbs. Feel free to add me for motivation and supoort.
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    I'm not sure how to do it but we should start a group for all of us tall people!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Some of you girls want to be very slim!

I'm 5'10" and currently 167. Want to get down to 160.

For those who want to be/are about 145-150 - how easy do you find it to maintain that weight? I got down to 153 and it seemed impossible!

I'm the same, when I got to 165 in the past, it always felt like my body refusing to shift any further, the only times I managed to get below was when I was either at the beginning or the end of a relationship and didn't feel like eating at all!
    This time, I am determined to get to 155 and stay there, I think it is possible to maintain by just doing what I am doing now, which is watch and log what I eat and stay within my goal cals (which will obviously be higher for maintenance than they are now). It must be possible! I will make it possible! :-)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to do it but we should start a group for all of us tall people!

There are groups: Totally Tall Women of MFP and Tall Women. check 'em out.

I'm 5'11- started out at 220, joined MFP around 215, and am now hovering at 170. Ideally I would love to lose another 10 pounds, but have been plateaued around 170 for four months. I'm pretty content where I am now, though.

@beautmel - I started heavy lifting, which is when I started my plateau. I have lost inches, but not pounds. Pretty good trade-off, actually
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", so far I've lost 55lbs.

SW: 247
    CW: 192
    GW: 165

Feel free to friend me. I have pictures on my profile if you want to see my progress.
  • beautmel
    Options
    That's brilliant lik! What programme are you following and with what weights did you start etc?

I'm always keen for some help/info.

There are groups: Totally Tall Women of MFP and Tall Women. check 'em out.

I'm 5'11- started out at 220, joined MFP around 215, and am now hovering at 170. Ideally I would love to lose another 10 pounds, but have been plateaued around 170 for four months. I'm pretty content where I am now, though.

@beautmel - I started heavy lifting, which is when I started my plateau. I have lost inches, but not pounds. Pretty good trade-off, actually
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 starting weight was 249
    Current weight is 183
    First goal is 174 (healthy weight) anything less than that is a total bonus
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, 5'11 and 147lbs and at goal weight. I'm not the fittest, not the most athletic, but I feel and look the way I want to look for life.
  • Fitnfab36
    Options
    I'm a little taller than you, but I am 6 feet with a goal of 180.
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and down about 20 lbs from 210.. my first goal is 170. You can add me if you'd like!
  • gschnitzler
    gschnitzler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 years old, 5'9", started MFP on August 20th at 210 pounds. I am currently at 170, aiming for a goal of 160. I'm in the home stretch now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!