Lose up to 10 lbs in 3 days ! Trust me it works ( :

Options

Replies

• LouPsych
    LouPsych Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious: If it works, why is your weight slider at 0 pounds lost?

I'll stick with the tried and true method: less calories in, more calories expended.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

We don't do junk diets here.

But you're welcome to stay, log your food, and learn from a community of people who've found great success without fad diets that don't work.

This.

0 lbs lost. Joined Jan 2013.

Tell me again, why we should "trust you" that this "diet" works?

Take a slice of humble pie and learn from the people who have been here longer and had more success than 10 lbs in 3 days.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No.
  • michwinger
    michwinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah...my husband's doctor suggested this diet to him. He switched doctors.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No doubt it does work. But it's not for me.

1. I'd feel like I was starving all the time
    2. I hate bananas, and I'm not crazy about eggs, hot dogs or vanilla ice cream
    3. If I lose 10 lbs I'd like to stay gone for more than 3 days
  • monicuza
    monicuza Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's great if it worked for you but I doubt this is the right forum for such advice.

Better check out the success stories: people who have been here for months/years and have changed their diets to be healthy for life. Not 3 day dieters on icecream and saltines.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    No... :grumble:
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So just for fun...

Day 1
    Calories: 1,035
    Carbs: 113 (44%)
    Fat: 38 (33%)
    Protein: 67 (23%)
    Sodium: 887
    Chol: 157

So, ultra low calorie diet, ultra low sodium. Lose tons of water for 3 days and under eat.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i can lose 10 lbs in one day after a night of chicken wings....12 busch lights and a giant bowl of beans.....i just sit down on the pot and let the weight drop

Lol. Now THAT'S my kinda fad diet!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    No.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :noway: I eat more than that in one day...

edited for sp
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is a variation of a diet that our family doctor gave to my mom decades ago. My mom's variation calls for a cup of beets for dinner on two of the days, and caulifower for two of the days. Yes, it works, and yes, our family doctor recommended it...as a KICKSTART. Basically, it's a cleanse to help you focus on veggies more, but it's only meant to be used for 3 days at the START of your diet; it is NOT to be used as any type of maintenance program.

I don't know how the heck someone is going to "cleanse" themselves with hot dogs.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat between your BMR and TDEE and lose FAT at a safe, healthy pace that won't be gained back in 24 hours. :flowerforyou:
  • tnt7787
    tnt7787 Posts: 48
    Options
    why does your ticker say you have lost 0?

This is exactly what I was thinking!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When your diet is over, you can binge on celebratory crap until you gain it back plus more. Or you can gain it back over a couple of months. Doesn't matter. It's not a good long-term plan. I know because I've done everything wrong. That's why I'm here. Let me save you some time - Aim for sustainable, healthy change. Everything else is nonsense.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Follow this diet exactly as it reads, and you should be expecting amazing results (:
    Trust me it does work !

3 Day Diet
    DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (any brew, as long as it's caffeinated)

Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tips to Try:

Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious!
    Cook the green beans with the meat or simmer them in the broth. Mmmm :)

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese), 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

NO SNACKING ! !
    & be sure to drink a loooot of water, take about how much you in weigh in half and drink that much oz of water ! ( :

Also remember this is only a 3 day diet so for the next 4 days you can eat whatever it is that you want, just make sure not to over do it on your portion sizes and then after those 4 days if you like you may continue with the diet again ( : !

Try not to weigh yourself during the 3 day diet in case you haven't lost anything I don't want you to get discourage but on the 4th day the moment you wake up go check that scale ! ( :

Laugh_hehe.gif
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Follow this diet exactly as it reads, and you should be expecting amazing results (:
    Trust me it does work !

3 Day Diet
    DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (any brew, as long as it's caffeinated)

Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tips to Try:

Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious!
    Cook the green beans with the meat or simmer them in the broth. Mmmm :)

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese), 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

NO SNACKING ! !
    & be sure to drink a loooot of water, take about how much you in weigh in half and drink that much oz of water ! ( :

Also remember this is only a 3 day diet so for the next 4 days you can eat whatever it is that you want, just make sure not to over do it on your portion sizes and then after those 4 days if you like you may continue with the diet again ( : !

Try not to weigh yourself during the 3 day diet in case you haven't lost anything I don't want you to get discourage but on the 4th day the moment you wake up go check that scale ! ( :

And yet your ticker shows a big, fat zero pounds lost...wonder why???
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This has been around for decades....I remember trying it out about 20 yrs ago...yeah one of those stupid things I did in the past. Only real lifestyle changes work for long term weight loss. This I know because Ive done pretty much every "diet" out there...with varying degrees of success of loss and ZERO degrees of keeping it off. Slow and steady and nutritionally balanced from here on out. Good luck everyone!!!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    OOH!!! And then, when you try this for a while and get angry because it doesn't *REALLY* work, you can try it the good old fashioned way of eating balanced meals and getting exercise!
This discussion has been closed.