Hot Dogs...

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I rarely ever have a hot dog, but if I do eat one, it is going to be from Pinks in LA. Yum

I'll have to ask my sister about this...she lives in LA
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    I leave it up to my boyfriend.

huh
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Chicago style. Skip the poppy seed bun, though, just makes a mess and gets stuck in my teeth.

or

cold, right out of the package. I know, disgusting.
  • d_Mode
    COSCO! Polish dog, with a drink $1.50! cant beat that AYWHERE in california!

I wonder if they have these in Texas...
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    i like 7-11 hotdogs with that processed bright orange cheese. i know it's gross. but it's sooooo good.
  • d_Mode
    That's mystery meat. :sick:

I like my meat like I like my men, a little mysterious.

Best answer so far... LOL!
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    I'm lucky enough to live in DC so I can go to Ben's Chili Bowl, and have the most amazing chili cheese dog, with a bit of onions. The chili here in legendary! Anyone coming up to the area should stop by, you won't regret it.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Wrap the hot dog in a cheese slice, pat ground beef around that, wind a nice long piece of bacon around that and stick a toothpick in the ends to keep it there. Then grill it.

We may have a winner!

this made me go mmmm
  • d_Mode
    i like 7-11 hotdogs with that processed bright orange cheese. i know it's gross. but it's sooooo good.

It's been years since I've had 7-11 hot dog...but they (7-11) recently came back to San Antonio...may have to try one again...
  • d_Mode
    I'm lucky enough to live in DC so I can go to Ben's Chili Bowl, and have the most amazing chili cheese dog, with a bit of onions. The chili here in legendary! Anyone coming up to the area should stop by, you won't regret it.

Noted! Thank you!
  • d_Mode
    Fab is in rialto.... Garage Dogs in Thousand Oaks.

And thank you, Sir...noted!
  • Back when I used to eat them, I prefer "Chicago style". If it couldn't be prepared that way, I would go with mustard and relish (never, ever use ketchup).

I haven't had one in over 20 years.

This. Love a Chicago dog, although I indulge in one about once yearly.

And NEVER put ketchup on a hot og. I'm ashamed that I allow my 3 year old to do it.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    LOL...classic answer! JenM222! funny! :laugh:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Chicago style. Skip the poppy seed bun, though, just makes a mess and gets stuck in my teeth.

or

^^ No different than bologna =)
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Cut up little discs in Spaghetti-O's and scrambled eggs.

Oh, and...

66451c6b1405484dab384c618913775e@2x.gif
  • d_Mode

or

Yeah, cold is not a bad way to go especially if you're in a hurry!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Chili, cheese, mustard and onions.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    I love a big fat weiner in my mouth thats filled with cheese and it drips down my chin
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    At home, I put grated cheddar cheese, catsup, Tabasco, and tomatoes on a beef hot dog. But, if you have never had a Vienna-beef hot dog in Chicago, you've never had a hot dog. I believe the hot dog was invented for the World's Fair in Chicago in 1893 (or at least, they claim that in Chicago). My fave was always the Char Cheddar dog (Wisconsin cheddar) from the Weiner's Circle on North Clark Street in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. But, as I recall, there were some who preferred hot dogs from a stand on Maxwell Street, no long gone.
  • I make homemade corn dogs.... Corn bread mix made the low calorie way with low fat hebrew nationals and ff cheddar made in muffin tins.... Sometimes I will add pickled peppers or other mix ins to the batter.

Super good treat.... although not 'clean' in any way