Eating Chik-fil-A for lunch

Options

Replies

• danimal5867
    Options
    As an employee of Chick-fil-A I'd like to say thanks for the love and eat mor chikin!

My personal favorite is the Chargrilled Chicken sandwich. No breading, no frying and the whole wheat bun doesn't get buttered before it's toasted. Healthy and delicious!
  • ghostwor1d
    ghostwor1d Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ice cream...but I'm so bad with it that I no longer allow it in the house. I could sit down and eat a whole carton without even thinking about it.

My substitute is limited amounts of whipped cream and strawberries. :)
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I tried depriving myself of my favorite fast food meals and that didn't work, so now I allow myself a few meals a month. Penn Station and Qdoba are my favorites if I had to pick.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love Chick Fil a as well, on a "bad day" gotta have the original sandwich with extra pickles, mayo and BBQ sauce.

Usually though I eat the chargrilled chicken sandwich with a pack of lowfat mayo instead of the sauce it comes with which i find quite disgusting.

I have a serious weakness for Papa Johns Pizza, Firehouse Subs, Larry's Giant Subs, and McD's southern chicken sandwich. I'm not big on fast food hamburgers so that's good for me as far as avoiding temptation. I do eat these things in moderation though maybe once a month or once every other month depending on what it is.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cheese.

And sweets - cookies, pastries, pies, cake, brownies, semi-sweet morsals, ALL OF IT!!
    I hate peanut butter and chocolate together, but if I was told that it was low cal and/or good for you I'd devour the world's supply.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and chinese every week! I just have adjusted my ordering so that I can feel good and be within calorie limits, I get thin crust with light cheese and tons of veggies.. and steamed veggies with sauce on the side and brown rice. I'm trying to retrain my brain that Chinese and Pizza CAN be healthy weight-loss meals.
  • mazzasweet
    Options
    AND if I wasn't vegetarian I would totally eat at Chik-fil-A!!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sushi is not fish...it is rice and seaweed with some kind of filling....

now Sashimi is fish, usually served on a bed of rice...

Huh. And all this time I've been told I wouldn't like sushi because I don't like fish.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Sushi is not fish...it is rice and seaweed with some kind of filling....

now Sashimi is fish, usually served on a bed of rice...

Huh. And all this time I've been told I wouldn't like sushi because I don't like fish.

Seaweed has a fishy taste.
  • mazzasweet
    Options
    Sadly, those who preach tolerance are often the most intolerant.
    Supporting the traditional definition of marriage doesn't mean hatred of homosexuals.
  • sdquarle
    Options
    grilled chicken sandwich and a side of fruit!

It is my go-to lunch when I'm craving fast food but have to save some calories for dinner.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options

OMG. You guys need to wake up, You are poisoning your bodies.

*Bites into Triple Steak Burrito dipped in nacho cheese*

Srlsy yuh neeed to wak up. *chew chew chew*

Wake up.

LOLOLOL!! :-)
  • aly_ba_ba
    Options
    mmm chik-fil-a, pizza, wine! those waffle fries are amazing...now that i think of it...almost all fries are :smile:
  • Blogmarkblog
    Blogmarkblog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aside from the anti-gay agenda of this chain, when I did go there, I thought the food was just OK. I would much rather have a steak bowl from Chipotle. It certainly isn't worth violating my principles. I'm not anti-christian... just practicing my freedom not to support groups that fight against my rights and wanted to let other be aware.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-windmeyer/5-simple-facts-about-chick-fil-a_b_1751404.html
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had to run errands during my lunchtime today and decided to stop at Sonic, which I hadn't been to in over two years - I ordered a kid's meal (grilled cheese and small tots) with a kid's size banana shake... it was all terrible except the banana shake, which I ordered without whipped cream because I don't care for it.

I remember once loving their food, but today I took a couple of bites before I just tossed it - the tots tasted the same as the grilled cheese to me, and I could not get past how oily everything was.

Once you get into the habit of eating healthily, I guess your taste buds adjust.
    I just don't even care for fast food anymore.
  • leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's not fast food, but there's an amazing bakery around the corner from my office. We limit ourselves to one trip a week for cupcakes- and they are so worth the extra calories! Another would be having a coke and popcorn at the movies. We don't go that often, so its only an occasional splurge.
  • leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had to run errands during my lunchtime today and decided to stop at Sonic, which I hadn't been to in over two years - I ordered a kid's meal (grilled cheese and small tots) with a kid's size banana shake... it was all terrible except the banana shake, which I ordered without whipped cream because I don't care for it.

I remember once loving their food, but today I took a couple of bites before I just tossed it - the tots tasted the same as the grilled cheese to me, and I could not get past how oily everything was.

Once you get into the habit of eating healthily, I guess your taste buds adjust.
    I just don't even care for fast food anymore.

I've had the same experience... i don't like any of sonic's food anymore. it leaves a terrible aftertaste.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I used to get a bacon cheese burger, poutine and chocolate milkshake for lunch from Harvey's a couple times a week.

Before logging, I knew it was a lot of food... but didn't really realize how many calories.

Harvey's Great Canadian Burger w/ bacon and cheese: 690 calories
    Poutine: 840 calories!!!
    Chocolate milkshake: 730 calories.

For a whopping total of 2260 calories for ONE MEAL. Oh hell no.

Now I just get the burger and skip everything else. Logging your diet is a great eye-opener.
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the original chicken sandwich and a bottle of water. No fries or sauces today! I have to say, now that I'm using MFP correctly it reminds me a lot of weight watchers. Enjoying our fast food filled world isn't a sin, it just shouldn't be a common practice.

Do you have any favorite "bad foods" that you enjoy now and then?

#yum

OMG. You guys need to wake up, You are poisoning your bodies.

*Bites into Triple Steak Burrito dipped in nacho cheese*

Srlsy yuh neeed to wak up. *chew chew chew*

Wake up.

You are funny. I actually giggled.

Me? Pizza, too. I don't think I've indulged in Chinese food favorites since I've started, as I can satisfy that yen (oh, sorry. Not a purposeful pun) with pork noodle soup with pickled veg. Oh, and baked pork buns. I'm going to need to figure out the calories on those, as previously could limit myself to 2, but with difficulty. LOVE THEM.
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A KFC 8 peice bucket is exactly my macro goals for me to get right under 10% bodyfat...(around 1800 calories total). so I ate that 5 days out of the week, and my cheat days were actually "cleaner"...back in 2010.

my current obsession is skinny cow ice cream sandwiches...

Oh, I do love me some Skinny Cow. Currently nibbling my way though a box of Sweet Freedom raspberry bars. Not this week. This week I'm portioning my calories for single slices of sugar-free chocolate cream pie. Why, yes, I am a female affected by hormones. Why do you ask?
This discussion has been closed.