My 60 pound journey with many pics along the way

Options
I started my weight loss journey on January 2nd of last year. Hey, it's not a cliche if it works! I am 5'2" and at the start of 2012 I weighed 214 pounds. I was in a place where my weight had taken a severe toll on the quality of my happiness and sociability and I absolutely could not stay stuck in a shell like that for any longer. So I made the commitment. It's been a year and I've lost 60 pounds so far. Here are my pics from along the way.

214 pounds
1_zpsdc2b0db9.jpg
3_zpsa5c594a9.jpg

20 pounds down by this picture
4_zps0ea95d8e.jpg

30 pounds...
6_zps50f34ae0.jpg

8_zpsbebbd746.jpg

The day I ran my first 4 miles without stopping...
9.jpg

50 pounds down and finding brighter days
12_zps6ecc984d.jpg

11.jpg

55 pounds
10_zpsca01e2bb.jpg

60 pounds
13_zpsfeb9b40f.jpg

16_zpse4c1317d.jpg

I haven't lost weight in months but I am still working hard at it and still toning. This was a pic from this morning. I've never seen a recent pic of me from this angle and my shoulders surprised me. It was a good reminder to me that even though I may not see it on the scale, my body is still changing and getting stronger. And most importantly to me, my mind is stronger than ever now and healthy feels awesome. No secrets or special tricks, just strong commitment combined with healthy diet and exercise. See, it works!
15.jpg

18.jpg

Replies

• thenewleda
    thenewleda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ah well, I got my links to work but the resizing needs work. I will try to fix it, stay tuned I suppose!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success!!!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • pegganne70
    pegganne70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You have done an incredible job!!!! I hope to be where you are by this time next year :)
  • deniseorangeteam
    deniseorangeteam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your hard work and committment! thanks for sharing your pics...whenever I get down I go to the success stories to lift my spirits. BTW....love the chart you posted with regards to how many lbs you've lost...:laugh:
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    OMG!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! You have beat the battle that many of us struggle with for their entire lives!!! I am just amazed at what you have accomplished, your smile says it all. You look 10 years younger too!!!! Live the good life of being healthy and happy! Congratulations!!!!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    you look amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration..... always needed!
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • Meshay21
    Meshay21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    great progess!!!!! I can REALLY see the transformation!!!:smile:
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Look at those muscles! You are AWESOME!!!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Way to go!
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Way to go!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your attitude is amazing!
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on January 2nd of last year. Hey, it's not a cliche if it works! I am 5'2" and at the start of 2012 I weighed 214 pounds. I was in a place where my weight had taken a severe toll on the quality of my happiness and sociability and I absolutely could not stay stuck in a shell like that for any longer. So I made the commitment. It's been a year and I've lost 60 pounds so far. Here are my pics from along the way.

214 pounds
    1_zpsdc2b0db9.jpg
    3_zpsa5c594a9.jpg

20 pounds down by this picture
    4_zps0ea95d8e.jpg

30 pounds...
    6_zps50f34ae0.jpg

8_zpsbebbd746.jpg

The day I ran my first 4 miles without stopping...
    9_zps6570347a.jpg

50 pounds down and finding brighter days
    12_zps6ecc984d.jpg

11_zpsd1348df9.jpg

55 pounds
    10_zpsca01e2bb.jpg

60 pounds
    13_zpsfeb9b40f.jpg

16_zpse4c1317d.jpg

I haven't lost weight in months but I am still working hard at it and still toning. This was a pic from this morning. I've never seen a recent pic of me from this angle and my shoulders surprised me. It was a good reminder to me that even though I may not see it on the scale, my body is still changing and getting stronger. And most importantly to me, my mind is stronger than ever now and healthy feels awesome. No secrets or special tricks, just strong commitment combined with healthy diet and exercise. See, it works!
    15_zpsceacae95.jpg

Marry me! ;)
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome!!!! And you look gorgeous in that dress near the end. It's a little fancy but if I looked like you, I'd wear it everywhere (food shopping, the mall, etc.). Seriously, gorgeous!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    amazing results! great job!
  • taaaters
    Options
    You look fabulous, congratulations! I love that green dress you're wearing next to the "How much have you lost?" thingy :)
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    nice work. congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!