60 pounds down . . . with pictures ;)

Options

Replies

• AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!! We started this at the exact same weight! way to go!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well done girl! I'm inspired. I currently weigh just about the same as you did and it's so uncomfortable shopping in shops that do smaller sizes & boutiques.

I was just wondering though, what was your diet and exercise plan like? How often did U exercise and what advice can you offer? Oh, and what dress size were U at 211 and what size are U now?

Again, well done x

Thanks!! I understand about being uncomfortable, I felt like that for years. For diet I try to stay between 1300 and 1400 on non-run days and I'll up it to 1500 on run days (I am currently training for a half marathon so that is taking a lot of my time). As I run longer distances I'll probably up the calories more, good calories though, plenty of protein. A regular day will consist of special k bar and banana for breakfast, a wrap made of whatever good fresh stuff I have in the fridge and a yogurt for lunch, something grilled with herbs from my little windowsill garden and a veggie side for dinner, then milk and whey protein or an light ice cream sandwich for a snack later. If I get hungry for a snack I'll grab fruit or veggies, or these awesome rice chips I found that taste great!

When I first started losing weight and running I was doing so little at first I supplemented with some kind of high impact cardio (tae-bo or something off you tube). Once I started running more I pretty much let that be my exercise. Now, on my off running days I lift heavy and try to fit in circuit training. Now that I've lost most of the weight I want to tone up. The programs or schedules I use for running and lifting or what I find online and through research to see what is best and works for me. I don't have access to a gym so I do what I can at home with body weight exercises, adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, and a swiss ball.

At 211 I was wearing a 16 or 18, now I wear a 6 or 8 women's, 9 juniors. It took about 30 pounds before I truly went down a size but after that about every 10 pounds I was in the next size down. Hope this helps. If you want to know more please just ask!
  • mleanne63
    Options
    Kuddos to you!!!! You look amazing and you worked for every bit of it!!!!!
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    You look really great... and so much happier. You are an inspiration! Keep up the hard work, it is paying off.
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    As someone else also asked earlier, can you give us an idea of the clothes size that you wore as you went down, 190/180/170/160/150? Also, now that you lost all this weight, areas like your belly, did the skin got tight, or it is just loose skin? You are really an inspiration. I think there are a lot of women 35-55 yrs old, around that height area, and slowly through the years have gained 30-50 lb and are now engaging in the same journey. I know I am asking for too much, but do you also have measurements , may be for every 20lb loss? It is just a motivating factor to aim towards!

My waist started out at 42, then at 20 pounds it was 40, at 40 pounds 37 and now at 60 pounds it is 35. The same measurements/increments for my hips are 44, 42, 40.5 and then 37.5. For my thighs (same increments of 20 pounds) it started at 29, then 27, 25.5 and now 24.5. Calves - 17.5, 17, 17, and now 16. And lastly upper arm - 15, 14, 13, and now 12.5. I am hoping these will improve even more after some good solid heavy lifting :). As for sizes I truly didn't drop a size until about 30 pounds down, then I lost a size for every 10. At 211 I wore a 16/18. Went down to a 14 at 180, then a 12/10 at 165ish, and now a 6 or 8 now that I am 151.

I don't have too much trouble with lose skin except some on my belly and under arms. However it's gotten a lot better since I've been lifting and circuit training, and it looks a lot better now than it did at first. I am not expecting it to ever look perfect, and I was overweight for a good 12 years. But I expect it to look a lot better once I give it time and work on building my muscle. I am much happier with the way I look now, I can deal with a little loose skin!

Look at my previous post for nutrition and exercise info. If you want to know more please ask! Find what works for you. I wish you luck!!
  • jstanley5
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Today is my first step and to see what you have accomplished is an inspiration to me. I was okay going to my ten year reunion but 32 years out now and almost 100lbs heavier i am embarassed to see old friends and classmates. Iturn 50 in a few days and can not spend the half strugglingin this body. Thank you for sharing your journey
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Again, thanks for all the encouragement and love. You all keep me going strong!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the detailed info. It has been very helpful and motivating.
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin:

PS - Love the skull sweater and the bustier! Great taste in clothes! :smile:
  • Maralva1001
    Maralva1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Looking at the pictures and seeing your results just gives me that much more motivation to keep going myself! How long did it take for you to loose those 60lbs?
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!! So motivating!!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! YOU LOOK GREAT:drinker:
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Wow you look great! Looking at the pictures and seeing your results just gives me that much more motivation to keep going myself! How long did it take for you to loose those 60lbs?

Started really exercising and eating right in Mid June of last year. So about 7 months :). And still going strong!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin:

PS - Love the skull sweater and the bustier! Great taste in clothes! :smile:

• WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and is inspiring!
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    so very great ! way to go. you are an inspiration:smile:
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Thanks again! This support and encouragement is awesome!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Oustanding!!!
  • Loveable64
    Loveable64 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You go girl.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!