Feel like The Only Older SAHM

Options
I am a Stay-at-home-Mom with 3 kids (14, 11 & 6)... My Hub is a workaholic & is in the Military, which means I volunteer a lot, just to get out of the house. I have been "at home" since my first child & since then have put on at least 100lbs, self-esteem dwindled, depression increased... I just turned 50 & now feel reasonable ok on the inside & am motivated for a change! Since I can't really change Hub's working situation & the kids are getting more independent, I have decided to focus on me! That, I CAN change. I am no longer ashamed to say I weigh 256lbs because it is going away, along with all the other negativity! I may falter, but at least I know where to turn. I thank my Nutritionist for recommending MFP!

Replies

• fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful attitude, well done U :flowerforyou:

Wishing you loads of luck on your journey, but to be honest, with that attitude you won't need much!!

Go get em Tiger !! :smile:

xx
  • tweetlindy
    Options
    Well, I am not a SAHM, but like your attitude. It IS time for you.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I wish you well! You are going to feel so great and have so much energy!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 with kids 16 & 13.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Woohoo! I am a stay at home mom as well and I weigh 256. We can do this!!
  • thinkcrystal
    thinkcrystal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. i'm a stay at home mom as well, i have a 6 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. its so easy for us to get so wrapped up in their needs, that we completely neglect our own. im learning that we cant completely be good mothers and good examples until we take care of ourselves. one day at a time, but its sooooo possible and soooooo worth it!!!!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    welcome I am a sahm and I also have a daycare in my home, this is a long journey and we need all the support we can get, anyone can add me
  • crystal_marie_23
    crystal_marie_23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM as well! My son is almost 14 months. I am ready to get this extra poundage OFF!!!!
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can relate, my hubby is in the military too, and I have three kids (7,9, and 10) and I also stay home, I live in a town of 600 so there is not much to do unless I want to drive to town, which i really dont...I volunteer at my kids school and am a substitute teacher when needed...I finally figured it was my time too...good luck to you and feel fee to add me
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have three girls age 17, 16 and 9. You are welcome to add me. :D
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm too well almost. really when are any of us ACTUALLY home? anyways I'm not a young baby either so you can add me if you want.

p.s. what do you think of my ticker, i chose a star with a shape like mine should be and will be when I reach goal do you think her in this "new year" style dress is good or the short shorts or bikini I found?
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, too - though I think I'm pretty young (27 in March!). I have 2 girls, 1 and 3. Adding you!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of four (18, 16, 13 & 8) and I homeschool them. Between Scouts, church, 4-H, activities, birthday parties and so on and so on, it would be easy to have no life! But you're right, we do need to take time for ourselves. The benefit isn't to us moms alone either as our kids see us making sure we take care of ourselves and will hopefully follow suit as they get older. I have learned so many things as an adult my husband teases me that my hobby is having hobbies. :D My kids see me always trying new things and have tried many of them along with me. To always be learning and growing myself sets a good example for them and keeps me sane.

Oh and I'm 41.
  • Jeki020103
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I am a SAHM. I have 3 kids 20,18 & 8. I am 47. I too volunteer a lot just to get out of the house. I have finally become determined that NOW is my time. Good luck on your journey.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi hun and welcome, please feel free to add me , I will be 49 in March and would be happy to be your MFP friend , i log in every day :flowerforyou:
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    You have a winning attitude. I have no doubt. . You will succeed! Welcome!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    IM A SAHM OF 6 YOU CAN ADD ME AS WELL I AM 34 AND TAKING TIME FOR MYSELF
  • MissTess121664
    MissTess121664 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not a SAHM, but I am 48 and I, too have decided that it is time to focus on myself! Keep that great attitude...you're going to do great. I am so glad we are all here to support each other...it really helps a lot. I know that's why I'm here! Feel free to add me...I need all the support I can get, too!
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    You got this girly! Attitude is everything!
  • quietmama
    Options
    Hi, I am also a stay at home mom. I have a 14 and 12 year old. I'm 39 years old and need to loose more that a hundred lbs. I would love to add you as a friend.