Any Vegans/Vegetarians??

Options

Replies

• babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie since I was 12 (21 now) soo.. hai :)
  • mamafor2manykids
    mamafor2manykids Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there....

I'm a recent convert to vegetarianism. I sill consume eggs and cheese. Feel free to add me. Looking for a supportive group.

Danielle
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Veggie since 2011 - I was vegan for about nine months, but just recently started re-introducing a small amount of dairy into my diet.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and have been since June 2012! Still learning as I go but I'm getting better day by day... at some point I would like to transition into a vegan diet.

I am always looking for new friends for support!
  • yvonnevitt
    Options
    My husband and I were vegan since March of 2010. I recently became vegetarian because I was pregnant and had a difficult time maintaining my pregnancy while vegan (I know it can be done, and more power to the moms that could, I just couldn't), so now I consider myself vegetarian and plan on raising my boys that way. Although, because my husband is still vegan, I cook primarily vegan food in the home and just order vegetarian when we are out.

If anyone would like to add me so that we can exchange daily food diary inspiration- please do! :flowerforyou:
  • cwinottawa
    cwinottawa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have really cut down on meat and animal products in general, and am always on the lookout for good vegan recipes. I recently discovered soba noodles, which are easy to make and to enjoy with plant based proteins.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for years. Feel free to add me!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i've been vegetarian for over 2 years-feel free to add me :)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am not vegan but my husband is, feel free to add me. I am always looking for receipes that we can both enjoy. Here are some of mine

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373
  • bewell2
    Options
    I learn so much from others and would love it if anyone wants to add me as their vegan "friend".
  • ClaireTrev
    Options
    I eat fish, eggs and occasionally chicken but not dairy or red meat. My diet is probably 70% vegan, I usually eat either eggs or fish in one meal per day. I used to be completely veg. My eating habits are due to both health and ethical/environmental reasons. I'd actually really like to phase eggs out too, eventually.

Love to share support and recipes with like minded ppl - please add me!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat a mostly plant-based diet, with only occasionally a bit of egg or cottage cheese. I have lost 172 pounds since August of 2011. Would love like-minded friends with food diaries open, if they are health-oriented in their diets (not junk food -- I am totally non-sugar, and it is difficult for me to look through food diaries full of sugar!).
  • jackiemommy123
    Options
    I was vegan for a long time and plan to go back to it when no longer breastfeeding. It's a wonderful diet that increased my endurance dramatically, however it did not result in weight loss.
  • PerfectPain
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian! Feel free to add me:)
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    Im a vegetarian im trying to become vegan I just began drinking almond milk now cheese is the next step you know one day at a time
  • emily0441
    Options
    I've recently become a vegetarian and have an interest in transitioning (possibly) to a vegan diet. I'd love some more friends, so please feel free to add me! I'm 19, 5'4", SW 139, CW 136, GW 125.
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been working on a mostly plant-based foods diet since about January 5th. Not long, but just trying right now to see if this is something I want to do long term. I have had some fish, small portion of cheese, a few eggs over the past three weeks, but red meat only once. I found I Iost the taste for meat very quickly. Cooking for my family is a challenge, since they still want all their normal foods. So far, I feel good and have more energy, so I think I will continue on and see what happens. Feel free to add me!
  • denvervegan
    denvervegan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, there is a difference between being vegan and eating a plant-based diet. The goal of veganism is to abstain from using animals and animal products in any way (this includes clothing, cosmetics, cleaning products, etc), and the diet is just part of that. I think most people in this thread are discussing plant-based diets. Just wanted to dispel any confusion.
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and thanks for the website info!
  • drdeb211
    Options
    I am moving in the vegan direction, especially after watching "Forks Over Knives". Since eating more vegan, it has been much easier losing weight. Nice side benefit! and I feel better too.