Best Microwave Meals

Options
Ok, I'm sure someone's already posted something like this on here, but I'm kind of in a hurry and need to figure out who has the best microwave meals for calories. Should I look at low fat too?

Thanks!

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    cut up an apple, put some cinnamon on them, put in a ziplock bag and close, poke holes, microwave :)
    i guess thats not a meal but...
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    cut up an apple, put some cinnamon on them, put in a ziplock bag and close, poke holes, microwave :)

How long? That sounds soooo good!
  • SJax7192
    SJax7192 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry I think I might have come off wrong, I meant like Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice?
  • Luis2787
    Options
    i eat the smart ones with pancakes and turkey sausage only has 280 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm sure any of them are fine from a calorie standpoint. I could never make a habit of eating them though...way too much sodium in any of them and way too many carbs. As long as it fits in your calorie goal and macros and you aren't concerned with sodium intake, I'm sure either one will do just fine.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them very often, but the SmartOnes are okay. I find them much more delicious than Lean Cuisine.

But, it's more affordable/healthier/delicious to just double your dinner recipes and freeze the rest for quick lunches. Lean Cuisines and the sort are like 3.99. Ridiculous.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    I will usually pre make my meals and put them in the freezer and bring them out to microwave. Chicken fajitas are my favorite :-D
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm a fan of Healthy Choice or Marie Callender. You'll usually get more food for your calorie content, and they tend to taste better.

Make sure to check the calorie content before you buy!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I like Kashi and Amy's meals - pretty decent nutrition and tasty. I also LOVE Evol burritos but they are high in calories - good nutrition though.
  • KardashianKupcake
    Options
    i eat the smart ones with pancakes and turkey sausage only has 280 calories.

i love that one.....
  • ladiablo
    ladiablo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you're not deadset on frozen stuff - stab a sweet potato a few times, wrap in a paper towel, and nuke for 10 minutes (turn over halfway through). Stick in a TBSP of butter, some cinnamon, some brown sugar and you're golden :3.

For frozen, I like Lean Pockets - the meatball or the chicken/broccoli. 300 cal a piece. Also not great on sodium but awesome if you're in a rush, since silverware is completely unnecessary.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli is surprisingly good, and only 260 calories. I've been picking it up for $2-2.50.
  • sfields52
    Options
    Maybe not a meal but a great snack, right?
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli is surprisingly good, and only 260 calories. I've been picking it up for $2-2.50.

my FAVORITE frozen meal!!!
  • kimba1069
    Options
    Love the Lean Cuisine frozen dinners. Generally pretty low in calories and the information is right on the front. I also like the smart ones.
  • sfields52
    Options
    I love those meals but I'm just concern about the sodium content. It seems that everything I pick up is high in sodium. For example, I prefer Campbell s soups but Progresso advertises that it is more nutritious. So I picked up 10 cans for $11.88 from Shoprite. It;s true, the calories are less but it has a lot of sodium. I guess there is no real way to get around the sodium unless you cook from scratch. I'm not into cooking.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Watch the labels. The sodium and/or sugar levels are high. Some are pretty high calorie content too.
    It is personal preference and taste and how you want to use your calorie amounts.
  • thenewaudbbgirl
    thenewaudbbgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SMART ONES ARE SOOOOOO GOOD.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    I'm sure any of them are fine from a calorie standpoint. I could never make a habit of eating them though...way too much sodium in any of them and way too many carbs. As long as it fits in your calorie goal and macros and you aren't concerned with sodium intake, I'm sure either one will do just fine.

considering what most people were eating to get on this site, I don't see why everyone has such a problem. not everyone can go clean over night and stick to it.

that being said: lean cuisine has some great fish options, also love the smart ones pizzas. i'm a picky eater so healthy choice limits my options (don't like pepers, squash, etc.)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, so not sure if you would have them, but although I try to avoid them like the plague now, if I do buy one I tend to go for the Marks and Spencer fuller for longer range. Although they are a little on the pricey side, they are made with proper ingredients rather than mostly flavourings and crap, they are high in protein and they are by far the best I've ever tasted.