How did I get here?

Options
This has taken a lot of courage for me to write, but I thought I'd post it so I can be more accountable.

The name is Rosee, I'm 22 and from Australia and i am FAT.

I have been nearly all my life. I was bullied about it all through school. I've never been happy with my body.

Over the past few years my weight has ballooned - I've gained 40+ KG in three years and don't even recognise my body anymore. It doesn't feel like mine.
I've decided to make the necessary change to take my body back, treat it right and lose this weight that has been holding me back.

I didn't take proper note of my stats until about 3 weeks in. I am 175cm (5'9'') tall and weigh 147kg (325lb!!!!).
The realisation of how HUGE I have let myself get really hit me like a tonne of bricks when I realised how much I weighed - before this I last weighed in at 110kg....3 years ago.

I don't how how much I want to lose, just that I need to lose a lot. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Feel free to add me as a friend :)

also adding my "before" photos (please forgive the underwear) so I have something to remind me of what I'm working to change

before2301_zpsdabcdb74-1_zps5d22a972.jpg
before23011_zps26606cfd.jpg

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - well done on making it here, the only way is up! (or down......)
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - well done on making it here, the only way is up! (or down......)

Thank you :) I already feel miles better and it's only been a few weeks
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Go girl!!!

Well done, you are taking the first step to a happy, healthy and gorgeous you and sometimes its the hardest one to take!!!

And when it gets tough, as it will, just remember what you are doing it for and come on MFP for some inspiration, support and the opportunity to scream a little!!!

Good Luck
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My journey on mfp has been amazing. I have been here for 6 months and I have lost 22 pounds. This was the best thing I have ever done for myself. You joining is the first step in becoming a happier healthier you. Welcome. :)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Welcome

I find it so easy to keep control of my Calories (my son says Calorie counting doesn't work, this may be why I am going to pas on my now outsized clothes to him?)

So much stuff must have been creeping under my food-radar before I started telling my "Confessor" EVERYTHING I ate every day.

My wife says it works where so many "Diets" have failed for me (or I for them) before because this involves a computer. You see, in 1983 we bought a ZX Spectrum and with a 5 year old son, a 3 year old daughter and a wife there was finally something in the house that did what I told it to do - and I have played with computers ever since.
    - AND here we are, having moved along the wardrobe rail to the stuff that was a bit tight to the stuff that was way too tight last Summer and having to buy new clothes because even those trousers are in danger of falling down.

Good luck
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose, and welcome!

Kudos to you for taking the first step.

Best advice I was given? Don't think about the big picture. Set small goals, preferably non-scale related, and work for those. And celebrate every one of them!

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I will add you Rose. You remind me so much of myself. seeing your story was like hearing my own.
  • sjj0223
    sjj0223 Posts: 26
    Options
    You are at the right place then... Yesssss!!! you can do it!
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you :) you've taken the biggest step by coming here. Now things will only get better!

:flowerforyou:

Good luck!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you've got this-take it one day, or one meal at a time. I don't have as much to lose-but i do empathize and know how hard my own journey is. for me concentrating on the now, and what i can control today-or right now-helps me stay focused. all my best, feel free to add me
  • vanessayoungss
    Options
    I thought the same at the beginning of the year when i started! I've took loads of pictures and wrote a blog so i can look back and think ' do i really want to feel like this again?'.

You can do it! Good Luck and Chin Up x
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking these steps!!! You're in the right place!!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Set yourself some small goals to get started. Build momentum and you reach each small goal. Before you know it, you'll be posting pics with significant changes!!

And remember, you need a healthy body to carry you through life. However, YOU are more than what a number on a scale says. IT does not define who you are.

You can do this!!!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Oh? And don't let scale related scare you off - just take 10% of your starting body weight as your first goal, then when you reach that set the next goal of 10% of the weight you reduced to.

Body Scales are a useful tool as long as you don't let them become a tyrant. (Kitchen scales are ESSENTIAL) Your tape measure is probably more sympathetic,though.
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    Welcome and I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome you found the site ! It takes alot courage to start and you have started ! Good luck and feel free to add if you like!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. I admire your bravery. I am so sorry you were bullied. You can do this, just remember to follow MFP guidelines, don't starve yourself and ask questions if you need it.

Welcome to a new life.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. It's a long road, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I've been here for a week or so and I'm already on track to meet my goals. It's surprising how just keeping track of what you're eating will make you change your habits quickly.