Fat and happy?...or... skinny and starving?

Options
12346»

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I choose to be my ideal weight AND enjoy foods I love. It's possible! Been doing it for 6 months!

That's great.

When I hit my goal, I decided more.

When I hit that, I decided more.

I keep going. I don't think I'm overly thin at all. In fact, I could still lose 10lbs. Abs are just barely start to show. So, more fat off will help.

I wish I could just be happy. Probably symptomatic of other things. Lol.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat to live and live to eat! I workout because I meet a lot of people who are into staying in shape and so I can eat like a beast and not feel bad about it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Neither.

I choose to be at my ideal weight, eat what I like and exercise because I like to.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How would ten pounds over your ideal weight be considered fat?

This! WTF?
  • Ravin714
    Ravin714 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Such ignorance. ..why not fit and happy? This is lazy azz mentality...this is exactly what fat ppl tell themselves so they have an excuse to stay the same...good luck with that

To Rude Here!!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Such ignorance. ..why not fit and happy? This is lazy azz mentality...this is exactly what fat ppl tell themselves so they have an excuse to stay the same...good luck with that

Not to sound like a mega-*kitten*, but this.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can still enjoy life, not be starving, and be fit and reach your weight loss/fitness goals. It's called moderation and hard work!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I choose neither. I USED to be the latter. Now, I choose health.
    Neither. I refuse to settle and I refuse to starve.
    Option C ... be at MY ideal weight for MY own body while allowing myself to eat what I want, when I want, while lifting three days a week and pole dancing one day a week.

You guys have obviously never played "would you rather." The point is to pick one, I'm sure the OP realizes there are other options and gradients in between. We are in fun and games people! Lol :P

THANK YOU!!!!!

You're on a goddamn fitness site. Try "Would you rather do cardio for the rest of your life?" or "Would you rather only lift weights?" Or maybe, "Would you rather only maintain your weight by diet, or only by exercise?"

Your "would your rather" just totally misses the mark on this audience, particularly when your "would you rather" is viewed very much as a "real" choice for people unaware of health, fitness, and nutrition.

I just figured, hey, we're in the fun and games section. Why come to this specific forum section for serious advice? Everyone should lighten up :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'd play would you rather, but I'm already fit and happy, so even in a hypothetical sense it just doesn't make sense to me.

Because I already can do all the "happy" stuff and be fit and if I was not at goal then I wouldn't have cake at the birthday party (if I had 5 birthday parties in a row to go to) because I would not be happy if I was not at goal. So, the parameters of the "Would you rather" are not universal or restrictive enough to make the game work. Because happy is subjective. No, I would never choose to actually starve, but most people are not at risk of starving if they don't eat a slice of cake. See, it just doesn't make sense.