Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Options

Replies

• AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How do you report for sticky? I know it's a necro thread, but this gets asked so many times and it's perfectly understandable that it stresses people out to see weight gain after a day or two of workouts.

If this means to pin it so it's always on top of all posts, i absolutely agree :)

Great info! I think this is what happened to me,though i didn't gain i just mantained instead of losing on week 2, did not like it one bit LOL nice to make sense of it Thanks so much for sharing this :flowerforyou:
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    This was really helpful!!

Boy-oh-boy am I learning so much on this site! :)
  • AmyDee2
    AmyDee2 Posts: 29
    Options
    I truely appreciate the information.:drinker: Thanks For Taking The Time To Share!!
    It will certainly keep me motivated instead of getting discouraged like so many times in the past!!

This site has been such a deep fountain of knowledge for me and I can't say Thank You Enough:flowerforyou:
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Great information.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. Thanks!!
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow---I was getting so discouraged...I'm two weeks into LMP and I'm gaining!!!! I hope this is true----but I will not quit. Thanks!!!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bump~ thanks for sharing!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    huh. this was a good read. bump!
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 of Les Mills Pump---when will the scale start moving???
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bump !!!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have this article bookmarked. I love Chalene Johnson and she explained this so well to keep me motivated.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need today after gaining 3 lbs once starting the 30 Day Shred Again! Thanks!
  • Kateee412
    Kateee412 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow this is great! thanks for the share :D
  • king1988
    king1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlondeGinger
    BlondeGinger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I was so frustrated yesterday when I went up after a week of a stalemate with my body. It's nice to know others experience this as well, not only me. :drinker:
  • bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you for this. I was wondering why I was exercising my but off and lost 5 pounds in a week and a half and then suddenly stopped and/or gained 0.5 pounds back. This helps me so much. I'm going to keep up with my workouts!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for this! I just went up again on the scale after starting a new program (soreness in back, arms, hams and glutes). This really helped me remember that the gain is (hopefully) temporary.