iv never had a girlfriend dont laugh

Options

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You have along life ahead of yourself, so don't get to worked up about it. Stop looking/trying to make it happen, love happens organically.

i don't know what all this is about. this guy is 21 and has NEVER had a girlfriend. or a date...I think he needs to make his life happen instead of waiting for some magic fairy dust to sprinkle over him as he plays COD. I have LOTS of male guy friends that do this...and literally, they are 27, some of them NEVER having dated anyone. It isn't gonna get easier. He is going to get socially awkward around females and not know how to get to any base. Go out there and do it!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad... I never had a wife or girlfriend who ever treated me with respect. She stepped all over me because I was too nice.

Just goes to show that I will never be that nice again..... Nice guys will always finish last.

Women don't dislike nice guys.

They dislike guys who don't have enough self respect to stand up for themselves.

Saying you're "nice" is a cop out. What you probably lack is assertiveness.

Edit: Punctuation. It IS important.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Only 21? Dude, nothing to worry about. I think I was 24 or 25 before my first. Now, married, 1 kid, so I don't care.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    dont be sad - you only really start getting good at dating in your late twenties when you have a better idea of what you want. then you're like no no no no no no yes wait no no no no no maybe yeah oh yeah hell no btch please omg crazy lady quit dating no more dating no no no no no ok this one for a really really long time ok no not you anymore no no wait..... YOU.

This is hilarious!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    you have to put yourself out there, i always thought people that don't date are abnormal....i guess it is more common than i thought. i know plenty of guys who are older than you who have never had a girl or gotten laid, and honestly, they need to get the **** out of their comfort zone, put down their games, and meet some ladies. life is too short to isolate yourself to whatever it is you have been doing other than dating. just saying!

Assuming one wants that. It seems people always want what they don't have. Be careful of what you ask for.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Here's a link where you might meet some. I guessed Albuquerque but you can just change the location to fit your needs.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/w4m/
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Ya know what they say: Picky and Lonely are two best friends. :wink:

I have to crack up when I hear my friends say they want to be loved for who they are but yet want that person to be hot, rich and well rounded.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    far too many women are single . nd iv been single for far too long .... i know what u mean
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a real "first relationship" til I was 18, only had a couple BF's in my life since, all good things come in time :) Just be patient and keep your heart and mind open! :D
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad... I never had a wife or girlfriend who ever treated me with respect. She stepped all over me because I was too nice.

Just goes to show that I will never be that nice again..... Nice guys will always finish last.

Nice guys don't always finish last. I know this first hand.

I'm a nice guy who finishes quite well, thanks to most of the other guys being douchecanoes. Girls grow up and get tired of it. Frankly, if they don't, then they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I was too nice before as well, and I got screwed over. It happens. But that doesn't give us a good reason to "stop being nice". It just means we know how to be smarter than we were before and to stop the crazy before it starts.

:D

I completely agree with this. Nice guys don't always finish last, there are a lot of us out there looking for the nice guy.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    you have to put yourself out there, i always thought people that don't date are abnormal....i guess it is more common than i thought. i know plenty of guys who are older than you who have never had a girl or gotten laid, and honestly, they need to get the **** out of their comfort zone, put down their games, and meet some ladies. life is too short to isolate yourself to whatever it is you have been doing other than dating. just saying!

Assuming one wants that. It seems people always want what they don't have. Be careful of what you ask for.

he wouldn't be posting on here how he has never been with anyone at his age...if he didn't
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Some just grown outta their "shy" stage at different times. I was 28 never been kissed.
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm twenty-five, and I've never had an actual boyfriend. But, as much as I love interacting with my friends and having a great time with other people, I don't honestly feel that I'm missing too much. A lack of dating doesn't equal a lack of quality relationships. I want to work on learning to love myself before I try and devote myself to a partnership. I know that probably sounds lame, but it's true.

(Just...no one tell my mother, okay, because she has a serious case of grandbaby-fever and keeps trying to push me into singles' cruises and dating site. Sheesh.)
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Women don't dislike nice guys.

They dislike guys who don't have enough self respect to stand up for themselves.

Saying you're "nice" is a cop out. What you probably lack is assertiveness.

Edit: Punctuation. It IS important.

^All of this plus - we also like it when you stand up for us too. Don't go starting unnecessary fights, but make sure we're respected. You know, the same thing you want from us - respect and self confidence.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    that is not a laughing matter,,,may you meet the woman of your dreams one day.
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if you want one: send them junk shots, give them wine, bacon and massages.

I agree with this, women love that.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. My husband didn't really start dating until he was 25, and now at the age of 33 he is happily married.

His thing was "when I was actively looking for dates, they never happened. When I stopped looking, women came to me."
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm twenty-five, and I've never had an actual boyfriend. But, as much as I love interacting with my friends and having a great time with other people, I don't honestly feel that I'm missing too much. A lack of dating doesn't equal a lack of quality relationships. I want to work on learning to love myself before I try and devote myself to a partnership. I know that probably sounds lame, but it's true.

(Just...no one tell my mother, okay, because she has a serious case of grandbaby-fever and keeps trying to push me into singles' cruises and dating site. Sheesh.)

singles cruises?! Oh no lol, isn't that something more for her generation? I can't see guys our age doing that
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Neither have I.

Your young and even if you weren't there is always going to be time to find a girl that will love and appreciate you for who you are and all your complexities.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

he wouldn't be posting on here how he has never been with anyone at his age...if he didn't

I agree it's kind of easy. They should have a website for accountability, like MFP, but you log your activities, like, went outside and talked to a stranger today at the park. Then, went to restaurant and sat at the bar, and talked to the person next to me. Etc,

You have to log it, and be accountable for whatever you set up, once a day or three times per week.

Getting out and just practicing meeting new people can really boost your dating profile by a lot. I'm not kidding. Just getting outside at least twice a week and striking up convos with strangers, calling up old friends, just being socialable can make such a big difference. Huge. Don't be afraid of people. Get involved with things. Teams, group runs, group gym things, activities around town. I have all my local city pages on Facebook and I follow them, they tell me everything going on everywhere. You can get into community things. You gotta get out there though. Just sitting in your house will get you nowhere.