Ladies! Do you gain weight during your period?

Options

Replies

• writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yes because I get bloated and because I am so hungry and eat a lot. Anywhere from 3-6 pounds. If I wait until a couple of days after, then I am back to my original weight again.
  • rekus73
    rekus73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always put on a few pounds during that time of the month...I stopped paying attention to it...cause it always comes off....
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Nope, that's about the only time I lose weight anymore.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    You crave more during your periods and you can gain up to 3 kilos during your periods. Yes, you can and many women do weigh more during their periods.It will usually even out during the month and "naturally" come right. I usually weigh more around my period and can pick up, but I lose it quicker. The times I lose are usually when I'm sick (I can get bad periods) or I've had no appetite.
    Also, a lot of your body can bloat e.g.g. stomach , breasts etc. that makes you seem to gain weight.

Don't stress about it.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    Yes. Experiencing period-induced weight gain/stagnation right now. :/
  • ravenforest3009
    ravenforest3009 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I gain up to three pounds during my period week......
    But comes off after again.....guess its just a lot of water or because i take painkillers
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Yup -- usually a few days before, and it comes off a few days after it ends. It's totally water retention.

I weigh as usual, log, and move on.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    yup 2 pounds, all of which are gone when i'm done
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to be on birth control that only gives me my period a couple times a year! When I'm on my period, I can't stay out of the pantry...
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No, I usually gain water weight, but by the time my period finishes it's usually all gone.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I always retain water the week leading up to my period and during it. Don't sweat it!
  • rerowland99
    Options
    The responses here are very encouraging because I, too, have wondered about this. I always seem to bloat and feel heavier, and though my diet and exercise routine has been kept and even changed up a little (the exercise) I have gone back up on the scale rather than down. However, I am expecting my cycle early Friday morning, and I have felt the bloating coming, and I've been super irritable, so it will probably be on time. I'm hoping that things will return to normal after it's all over. I feel like I've fought too hard to come even this far and then quit, you know?
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I actually LOSE like crazy the week before, but gain the week after. I know...I'm a weirdo
  • rerowland99
    Options
    I'm just going to have to work in a little chocolate each day somehow. Not the protein shake chocolate either, REAL milk chocolate. That is the only craving I have when my unwanted guest arrives.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    nope...i tend to lose more actually. lol im a freak.

I'm the same way! I gain before my period, and the second I get it I lose like crazy.

I am so jealous :wink:
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    oh my yes, usually right before, but I try not to change anything. Usually gain 5-7 pounds, usually go back down to normal, plus loose more, but dont change anything: diet or exercise

I am the same usually but I have noticed that if I exercise more and I am eating right then I will gain only about 2-3 versus the 5-6

Same....used to gain 5-7 pounds easy but now maybe 1-2 pounds but I find if I walk more and drink more water than normal it helps with the water weight....
  • love09082008
    Options
    I weighed myself today and im up 2 pounds and on my fourth day is this normal?.
  • love09082008
    Options
    I weighed myself today and im up 2 pounds and on my fourth day is this normal?.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    No I do not. I either stay the same or lose like normal.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Some cycles I gain and other times I loose. This month showed a loss on the scale :)