Non-Gimmicky Cleanse to Move Old Food Out

Options
After I visited back home, I took a day off and ate some good ol' southern food. It's far heavier than anything I have been eating, and now I feel very uncomfortable, sluggish, and bloated.

I am not interested in a "cleanse" to "lose weight" etc, like the Master Cleanse.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips besides time and waiting it out.

I ate this meal yesterday at lunch and still haven't eaten 24 hours later - I feel far too full, like eating another bite would make me throw up. Still!

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of coffee. That might get things moving.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bowl of All bran and get guzzling your water.
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water and some exercise!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Eat prunes?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    A9Zwno6.jpg
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Prunes, salad, probiotics.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Prune juice FTW!
    As a kid, I remember grown folks used to drink this carbonated stuff in a green glass bottle.... Citrus Nitrate... or something like that. That was some 'twice a year max, during a 3-day weekend' type of stuff.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    prune juice, lots of water, cup of coffee, probiotic yogurt.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    You're going to get this a lot, but water, water, water! That's what helps me after pizza and beer night with the friends. I put lemon in it as well. I also eat food high in fibre, or with a high water content. I normally do a lettuce and spinach salad with lots of veggies and green apples, and for dinner something with beans galore with a side of the salad I made for lunch. It helps me feel less gross and bloated. Did I mention water? :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bottle brush.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    High fiber foods, plenty of liquids especially coffee or green tea (not for any mythical cleanse like properties, just for the fluid and the caffeine). Nuts are a good choice too, the fiber and the fats will sometimes loosen things up. And when I feel particularly bloated with foods I'll sometimes do some belly dancing moves. It sometimes seems the twisting and muscle contracting will get sluggish bowels to respond.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Indian or Mexican food
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Miralax
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Prune juice FTW!
    As a kid, I remember grown folks used to drink this carbonated stuff in a green glass bottle.... Citrus Nitrate... or something like that. That was some 'twice a year max, during a 3-day weekend' type of stuff.

Maybe magnesium citrate?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    There are exercises that are supposed to stimulate peristalsis.

Try dynamic horse stance! (Maybe the horse is so dynamic because he's 10 pounds lighter)

dynamic_hrse_ball1.jpg
  • Tobyblue
    Tobyblue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found that some good hard exercise will get me going again. If the food had a fair amount of sugar, it will make you sluggish. As for me, it takes a few days to get rid of the sugar blues, even with exercise.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Under-cooked pork?
  • slrea2012
    slrea2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and a 30 to 40 min run/jog.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use coffee and water. Those are my go-to things. Pretty much helps with regularity, alertness, hydration, not killing people in the mornings...
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I use coffee and water. Those are my go-to things. Pretty much helps with regularity, alertness, hydration, not killing people in the mornings...

I second that emotion. Caffeine saves lives.