Eating out

Options
Hi,
Does anyone know some places to eat out that have healthy low calorie menu selections, if so what are they? I went to applebee's tonight and they have the under 550 calorie menu. I got the asiago steak with veggies and herb potatoes and its only 390 calories.

Replies

• auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    chilis has a light menu. they have a black bean burger and wheat bun. subway is good for fast food, taco bell has fresco style selections (most are less than 200 calories)
  • vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    Applebee's!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Red robin (you have to customize it on their website though, its not on the menu)

Famous daves

T.G.I fridays
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I sometimes get Wendy's small chili and a baked potato. It's not as bad as a cheeseburger and fries. I find that even when a restaurant offers healthy options, it's still really high in sodium. I try to restrict my eating out to once a week.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday - awesome salad bar

Applebee's

Red Robin - try the Apple Harvest salad, it's great.

Chick Fil'A - good salads and/or grilled chicken

Boston Market - roast chicken is always a winner :) but skip the mashed potatoes and opt for a veggie instead.

Red Lobster - This place is infamous for its sodium content, but skip the rolls and go for a fresh catch - sauteed, baked or blackened with a side veggie or side potato.

If it's a special occasion - higher end restaurants are a really good choice as many serve restricted portions, Euro-style. Instead of one large plate, you may have 2-4 small servings/courses. Just be mindful of dessert choices - most will serve a simple bowl of berries with a hint of cream on the side.