BUMP
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump-Save for later!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I ate at 1200 calories a day for months and didn't really feel that bad but felt off and didn't loose weight. I upped my calories to 1600 and the weight came right off.

For al the people saying 1200 works for you, it doesn't. Find out the nutrients you are eating, and make sure you are getting enough nutrients in your diet. Chances are, with 1200 calories, you're lacking in areas. And although you may not feel it now, it'll have an effect. It sure did with me, and i finally had to have a doctor tell me to eat more because i was damaging my body. Its not worth it and I love not having to worry about calories excessively.

what makes you think that just because it didn't work for you, that it definitely won't work for anyone else? it has worked fine for me. i only had 25-30 pounds to lose and lost 25 so far on a 1200 calorie diet. i'm going to up my calories soon to maintanance which will be more than 1200. why do you assume i damaged my body?

also, you say that you didn't lose any weight on 1200 calories. i did lose weight and i don't feel off at all.
  • MiaMcBetty
    Options
    :love: This was an amazing post (I read and hung on every word)! Thank you :) I have recently upped my cals from 1200 to about 1500-1700 and have finally started losing again. I love reading this and knowing that I'm doing the right thing, not only to lose weight, but in respect for my body and my health! :flowerforyou:
  • mizzcenteno
    mizzcenteno Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay so I eat on average 300 to 900 a day and I'm not hungry and I'm not anorexic and I'm losing like a pound a day ....just sayn
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...and I do understand the critical stances out there. Let it be said that if 1200 is working for you, and you've found it to be easy to follow, your results are measurable and sustainable, there's nothing that the original post can do for you. The ideas and experiences in it were indeed meant to empower those of you confused or frustrated in finding other avenues to achieve your weight loss goals.

thanks, well said.
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank-you. Great post.:flowerforyou:
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a lot of information. I weight over 200 pounds. I'm targeting the famous 1200 cal now wondering if I've been wasting my time
  • nishie89
    Options
    wow thanks!
  • mama_mh
    Options
    This was a great read!

Thanks!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks - I do think that if I eat healthy, and exercise - then the calories will take care of themselves. My weight gain is the result of years of poor habits. I would rather focus on healthy eating than a number anyway. But the number approach is measurable, so it's better than nothing!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you weren't joking. Need to read when I have more time.

^^ yep me too wow
  • lazydaydays
    Options
    Totally agree but for myself I just don't know where to start Mfp has started me off on 1380 Is this correct for my height (5ft3in) & weight (187lb)
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad you posted this. I try to explain this concept to people all the time, but don't have the stats (or a client...I'm not a trainer) to back up my claims. I have, however, had an eating disorder for most of my life, been in counselling with doctors and dieticians, and educated by them on how weight loss actually works. I hope people on here actually read your post in its entirety, because you obviously know your stuff.

Cheers!

kw
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nicely written - and very informative. Thanks!
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    bump
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...to be honest I've been crushed at work, I did manage to get some PM responses out, but sadly I only check this thread 3 or 4 times a day. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and I cannot express how thankful of that I am. There is also no real way I can read every single forum post here, so if you have any thing you need to say to me directly, please PM.

I have vowed to answer all of them!