Serenifly
Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
I really need something other than Lemon Juice and Dill on my salmon tonight,

Any super healthy ideas?!

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just spread a bit of syrup on it, leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so and bake. Yummy! Maybe not super healthy, but it is not terrible either.
  • Serenifly
    Options
    No that sounds good, maybe I'll add some sunflower seeds to the top too!
  • SilviaGG
    SilviaGG Posts: 19
    Options
    I bake it with rosemary....
    or with season
    some cooking spray and then sprinkle
    have you tried the old bay seasoning???
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, (real) maple syrup and a little minced garlic. If I have scallion I'll put a little of that in also. Sesame seeds are nice on top sometimes, too. The liquids are about a 3:1:1: ratio. It's easy to mix in a bowl then adjust the taste.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Mix a dollop of dijon mustard with some brown sugar and top the salmon before baking. YUM
  • Serenifly
    Options
    GREAT ideas people! I have baked salmon 3 times a week! lol so keep the recipes coming! I'll update you all with reviews tonight ... I think tonight so far I'm going to try laughingdani's recipe! :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    GREAT ideas people! I have baked salmon 3 times a week! lol so keep the recipes coming! I'll update you all with reviews tonight ... I think tonight so far I'm going to try laughingdani's recipe! :)
    Cool! Let us know how you like it! I got the idea from a co-worker that eats salmon almost every night. Glad to be able to share with you. If I think of any other ideas I will post them.
  • ClareRce
    ClareRce Posts: 79
    Options
    Try a dessertspoon of sour cream mixed with lime juice, chopped chives and black pepper. It's yummy!
  • bluexiii
    bluexiii Posts: 36
    Options
    bump
  • danerider
    danerider Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use a small amount of evoo on a 4 oz. fillet then Lysanders Fish rub ( http://allseasoning.com/lysander.htm ) The rub is 1/4 tsp. per serving and a little high on the sodium (I think 200 mg) but only about 1/8 tsp. is needed. Bake for 10 mins @ 425 and it is perfect. I too eat salmon 3-4 times a week
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in the toaster oven and when it is almost done I drizzle some olive oil, honey, 1-2 crushed ritz crackers, and a few chopped pecans
  • kristinelw
    kristinelw Posts: 29
    Options
    Honey and cinnamon is nice.
  • Olismama
    Olismama Posts: 1
    Options
    I just like to sprinkle a little lemon pepper on mine:)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this thread for later b/c I'm not a cook and need as many EASY, healthy recipes as possible.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    All of these sounds so good! i was just about to post this same topic i am getting really tired of baked chicken!
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    What temp and how long do you cook salmon for appx? Do you wrap it in foil?
  • Shanimal84
    Shanimal84 Posts: 34
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but this is ALWAYS a huge hit when I make it.

Take a baking dish and wrap the bottom in foil (for easy clean up!) and place salmon in dish. Pour teriyake marinade and italian salad dressing over the fish - as much or as little as you want, but I always put enough that there is "juice" leftover to pour on top. I then sprinkle on brown sugar, lemon pepper seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Place in the oven (preheated to 375) for 35-40 minutes. Take baking dish out and uncover - baste the fish in the "juice" from the bottom and add more seasoning if desired. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Done and done! I like to serve with asparagus or fresh green beans and cous cous.
  • jdayl
    jdayl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't made it in a long time but I used a marinade of about 2 Tbs Orange juice concentrate, 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar with rosemary, salt, pepper and basil. Marinade is also great on chicken or tofu.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love baked salmon 2 ways-

1st- with just sea salt ad fresh ground pepper

2nd- with fresh ground pepper and McCormick Salmon Seasoning. Just don't put too much of the seasoning, it can get too strong. one dash should be good per serving.