Replies

• photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing... You're absolutely beautiful!
  • Lainie_F
    Lainie_F Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey! Such an inspiration!!
  • dreamer2452
    dreamer2452 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • Izzerial
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! You can be so proud. Really really good job and an inspiration for a lot of people.
  • ntrainkloud
    Options
    Whoa you go girl!!!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!!!!
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    so inspiring *_*
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on January 2nd of last year. Hey, it's not a cliche if it works! I am 5'2" and at the start of 2012 I weighed 214 pounds. I was in a place where my weight had taken a severe toll on the quality of my happiness and sociability and I absolutely could not stay stuck in a shell like that for any longer. So I made the commitment. It's been a year and I've lost 60 pounds so far. Here are my pics from along the way.

214 pounds
    1_zpsdc2b0db9.jpg
    3_zpsa5c594a9.jpg

20 pounds down by this picture
    4_zps0ea95d8e.jpg

30 pounds...
    6_zps50f34ae0.jpg

8_zpsbebbd746.jpg

The day I ran my first 4 miles without stopping...
    9.jpg

50 pounds down and finding brighter days
    12_zps6ecc984d.jpg

11.jpg

55 pounds
    10_zpsca01e2bb.jpg

60 pounds
    13_zpsfeb9b40f.jpg

16_zpse4c1317d.jpg

I haven't lost weight in months but I am still working hard at it and still toning. This was a pic from this morning. I've never seen a recent pic of me from this angle and my shoulders surprised me. It was a good reminder to me that even though I may not see it on the scale, my body is still changing and getting stronger. And most importantly to me, my mind is stronger than ever now and healthy feels awesome. No secrets or special tricks, just strong commitment combined with healthy diet and exercise. See, it works!
    15.jpg

18.jpg

Love the beach pic and what is written.. awesome job :) you look like a different person what a inspiration you are keep up the good work
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!! Plus I love the photo at the end!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. You look great! Congrats on your weight loss! Plus...I love :love: that black/grey dress on you... it makes me envy you haha
  • ChrisMayhew87
    ChrisMayhew87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Well done! :)
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
  • almostdedicated
    Options
    one question: HOW DID YOU DO IT??????
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Oh I do love these posts - and the gorgeous strong woman that emerge on the flip side!!
    You look great - fantastic job girl!!
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing, great job!!
  • thenewleda
    thenewleda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    one question: HOW DID YOU DO IT??????

Simple question and I'm wondering whether to give the long or short answer! The short answer is healthy diet and exercise. :wink:

Queue long-windedness for those still reading...

When I got started, I sat individually and in small groups with my family and friends and told them exactly how being overweight was making me feel and harming my life and my self worth. Many were shocked and very sad to hear that I was carrying a pain like that around. I needed them to understand though that being overweight was detrimental to my being and that if there was any enablement to come, that it would need to be them enabling me to stay committed. My family and friends agreed and made this commitment with me.

I started working with a nutritionist at my doctor's office. I love, love, love her. It is free for me to see her as much or as little as I need to. I used to go see her and weigh in weekly, now I go maybe every 6 weeks. If I start to struggle I call her and go in sooner. If I am doing great and nothing new is going on then sometimes I reschedule. My healthy insurance pays for 100% of it and I am so lucky that a nutritionist is available to me in this way.

Nutrition is huge and so is the exercise. January through July when I was in active weight loss mode, I was generally working out at least 6 days a week, sometimes 7. When I did 7 days, two of those days were yoga and I considered them off/rest days. During those months I spent 2 days a week personal training, and on the opposite days I'd take classes like spin, cardio kick, total body sculpt, yoga, or I'd go running.

In July I got down to 158 and I stayed that weight for months. I'm losing weight but gaining muscle still so it doesn't always show on the scale. I had changed my routine to 4-5 days a week which is more maintenance-mode for me, and it is a comfortable pace and lifestyle for me to keep up with. Today I weigh 152 and am *kind of* working on reaching my goal of 150. That was initially my goal weight but I am just at a point where I see that I have a good, healthy and strong body and I accept it the way it is. In the end I remind myself that my goal was not about a number on the scale, it was about living a life of vitality and vibrance. I love my life and now that I am not hiding myself from the world I see everything around me more clearly and take joy in every day experiences. I am very happy to be an active participant in life and not just watch everyone else enjoying themselves around me.

Also - I cannot tell you how reclusive I had gotten when I was overweight. I just truly believed that I had lost my value to everyone. The truth is that I was only lost to myself. It was really a shame that I stayed away from my friends like that for so long, everyone really missed me. It is nice to be a part of the party again!

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Apollonia84
    Apollonia84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW. I have so many thoughts running through my head!

First of all, CONGRATS! That is an incredible accomplishment overall. You looked gorgeous before but you look gorgeous and fit now. :)

Second of all, I LOVELOVELOVE that list of how much you lose and what the equivalence is to the pound loss. I kept a copy of it just to remind me. Too cool, so thank you for posting that with your pics.

Third, is it okay if I add you? I'd love to see your intake amount and any inspiration you wish to share. Thanks!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You came so far!!!! you look incredible!!!!! Your smile is fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!