Sooo frustrated & upset

Options
2»

Replies

• smilesalot1969
    Options
    Weights Weights Weights!!! Much cheaper and gives great results especially when youre as slim as you are!! Hit the gym and start lifting
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Have you considered toning--may need a personal trainer to assist you in toning your body the way you desire.
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for losing so much weight :) Have you tried weight lifting and body toning exercises before considering lipo? If not I think this will really help you tone up, keep at it and if you dont see results after 2-3 months then I would consider lipo if it is making you feel extremely unhappy if not then maybe learn to love your body, you should be very proud of yourself and your body after losing so much weight :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why have surgery when there are weights at the gym that accomplish the same thing?

LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pbrant_13
    Options
    unipal390... Great advice, I was thinking the same thing.
  • 52in13
    52in13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    before you do something as drastic as lipo, have you tried something like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to help tone you up. I only mention that one because it is fee on youtube.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I cant stress enough how lifting heavy will CHANGE your body, in a very good way. I have seen better results with 2 months of heavy lifting (crossfit) than I did with a year of diet and cardio. Seek out a personal trainer, or check out crossfit, or read a lifting book, or even videos. Do pushups and air squats even. Lifting will tighten your body in ways you never imagined.
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Love handles are certainly a curse. Fortunately, I am surrounded by people (my partner, in particular) who think I look great, despite my own personal perception of my lingering waistline innertube. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you for exactly who you are, and soon you will begin to see things as they do.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been working out and strength training consistently through this whole process. Its not like I just dieted to lose the weight :/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm so frustrated right now because I have worked hard and lost 25-30 lbs and am still unhappy with my body. My goal was 115 but when I got there I was still left with love handles and saddlebags so I said ok I'll try 5 more and see what happens. I'm now 110 and they're still there. I'm probably pushing underweight now at my height of 5'5" so I don't think it would be healthy for me to keep losing. I'm so upset that I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon today to talk about lipo. He said I would be a good candidate and I have less fat than most of his patients and it would just be a matter of fine tuning but I would get good results.

I know alot of the responses I'm going to get are that its normal to have some excess fat and to accept it but I don't think i will be satisfied until the love handles and saddlebags go away. My only options now are to get the lipo (which I can afford) or to drop another ten lbs and pray it FINALLY comes from those areas. I'd rather lose weight than get surgery but if they aren't going away at this weight I dont think they will go away in another 5-10 lbs.
    Where your problem lies is how you view yourself compared to others. I see this more as a body dysmorphic disorder. Take the test and find out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/866744-sooo-frustrated-upset?quote=13043608

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    So you said you have been doing weight lifting. It may be helpful if you described what your routine is.

Exercises
    Reps
    sets
    weight lifted
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So you said you have been doing weight lifting. It may be helpful if you described what your routine is.

Exercises
    Reps
    sets
    weight lifted
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    strebgth training, weights.

it will change your body composition. i am no expert but look at some of the posts and results others have seen.

you need muscle hunny :)

This. Lift heavy. You probably don't need to lose weight. You just need to lose fat. Change your body composition and I think you'll be just fine without surgery. :heart:

THIS
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let a doctor who says a 5'5, 110 person is a good candidate for lypo touch me. Go get a second opinion, and then a third. Please realise that plastic surgery is mostly about the money for a lot of doctors.
    That being said, i would take the money and invest it in a good trainer who knows what he's doing.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let a doctor who says a 5'5, 110 person is a good candidate for lypo touch me. Go get a second opinion, and then a third. Please realise that plastic surgery is mostly about the money for a lot of doctors.
    That being said, i would take the money and invest it in a good trainer who knows what he's doing.

Support this!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'd spend your money on a personal trainer at the gym before I'd go under the knife.

The second post on this thread speaks volumes about weight training and what it does to your shape.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/798291-transformations-pear-shape

In the end, you also need to realize that you can only do much about genetics.