Avocado. How do YOU eat it?

Avocado is one of those things I love having on food when I'm eating out (ZPizza makes a tasty Mexican pizza with avocado on top) but that when I buy one myself, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do with it. I have one in my fridge right now, and I kind of want to eat it, but I need some ideas. Hit me.

Replies

• AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    I can usually have it alone with some salt. Some other ways I like avocado w/:

Toasted egg white sandwich

Brown rice

In a greek salad

Cut up grilled or baked chicken pieces
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    I eat avocado with everything... sometimes just plain straight out of the skin with a spoon with a little salt. But if you're looking for ways to mix it up, I like it on sandwiches, and the other day I made tuna with it instead of mayo - yummy!
  • KKleese
    KKleese Posts: 13 Member
    I had the same issue after some suggestions saying I should add it in my diet. I found these two recipes that look super yummy and plan to make them this weekend!

http://kalynsprintablerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/07/not-so-dumb-salad-recipe-with-cucumbers.html

http://kalynsprintablerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/05/chicken-and-avocado-salad-with-lime-and.html

I actually might make the first one with steak for dinner tonight and the second one Sunday night for lunches next week.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Cut up and put on a salad; filled with cottage cheese; cut up and scrambled with eggs or in an omelet.
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    I eat it in place of where I'd normally put mayo.
  • I eat it with any kind of sandwich with salt sprinkled on it. Or I make guacamole!!! Yummmmm :)
  • jrowens3224
    jrowens3224 Posts: 31 Member
    I LOVE avocado. I eat it plain with a spoon. Heck, I don't even add salt. I'm weird though...
  • slice it in half, take out the pit, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and eat it with a spoon (right out of the skin, like it was in a little dish).

let it warm up to room temp first though, and you want it to be a little soft. if it's still hard as a rock, leave it on the counter for a few days to soften.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    with a spoon :)

or guacamole, in salad, on a sandwich
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    in tuna with some ground pepper.....my fav!! just finished some :tongue:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    1.) I cut it into slices and top som faux ground taco beef/ beans/ cheese/lettuce on a tortilla
    2.) slice it and add it to any sandwhich
    3.) blend it in a smoothie/protein shake
    4.) bake it topped with a little cooked rice, cheese and brown it off. grab spoon and dig in.
    5.) make guacamole.
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    I love it sliced in burgers :)
    On toast with a little chilli sauce
    In salads
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    I LOVE avocado. I eat it plain with a spoon. Heck, I don't even add salt. I'm weird though...

^^^ Yep this is me too!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    homemade guacamole

use in place of butter/mustard/mayo and spread it on your sandwiches

chopped up in a salad

mixed in with egg salad
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    question: why are you keeping it in the fridge? Is it already cut or something? I always keep mine room temp.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Slice it and roll it up in a warm corn tortilla..
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    slice it peal it and put it on your salad! YUM
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    With a spoon and salt.

Sliced on any sandwich.

On crackers, on bread.

I will them on a plane, I will eat them on a train, I will eat them in a boat, I will eat them with a goat, I will eat them here or there, I will eat them anywhere, I will eat them Sam I Am, I will eat avocados and spam.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Cut into cubes and spread out on a plate. Drizzle with EVOO and balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper. I love it!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Its great with everything. but i love it with rice or quinoa. or with a dab of vinegar. or on salads.