Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1. Yes. 3 or 4 or 5, depending on how you count them.
    2. Between 1992 and this month.
    3. Shooting star on the inside my ankle
    Tinkerbell on my shoulder
    Tramp stamp with my daughter's initials and my best friend's initials as a mirror image (daughter is named for best friend, who passed away in 2001.) You can't tell what that is unless I tell you.
    The quote "you'll be with me like a handprint on my heart" around my ankle. With "26.2" below it.
    39.3 with mickey ears and a minnie bow on the 9 on the outside of my ankle
    4. No regrets at all.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?
    One, probably getting another soon

2. When did you get it/them?
    Summer before last

3. What did you get?
    189291990558250077_Vv2y9IdP_c.jpg

It's a painting by Franz Marc, a painter from the early 20th century that painted a lot of horses. I love art and horses are my life, so it seemed like a good combination. This one in particular since I was working on a breeding farm at the time.

4. Any regrets?
    Not at all. Sometimes I get the "you'll wish you didn't have that at your wedding" but quite the opposite. I think it's beautiful and I like to show it off! There's some ideas I've had in the past that I probably would regret though, so it's not something to take lightly. I thought over the idea for months and it took me years to find a great artist.

Next one will probably be the text "extraordinary machine" on this album art. Favorite singer, awesome album, awesome song.

220px-Extraordinary_Machine.jpg

SO beautiful!
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1. 2
    2. 5 and 2 years ago
    3. /nerd
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1046&g2_serialNumber=2
    4. Never a one.

Needs more pics, people! :o
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

i have 13 tattoos

i started when i was 17 so the past 14 years

iv started a leg piece on my left leg its going to full of weird an evil butterfly's got 3 so far!! iv got a panther up my spine, a little devil on one shoulder an a little angle on the other a tribal heart at the bottom of my neck, a little heart an bow on my left breast :P my star sign on my stomach on my left arm i have a black rose left fore arm hubby,s name right arm an devil pooh bear an on my fore arm a large wooden stake cross with a flower...

no regrets there part of who i am xx
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    1) 2
    2) 35th bday, 36th bday
    3) a homsa on the back of my neck with a heart in the middle of it, the symbol means i'm blessed and protected....the 2nd is another symbol on my calf....it means hakuna matata:)
    4) not a regret ever....planning a 3rd and many more to follow....
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? Yes, I have 5
    2. When did you get it/them? My first was on my 18th birthday, right up to my last one a year ago in October
    3. What did you get? First, a small heart with a halo on my "love handle" heh.. second, the standard chinese symbol (dream) on my ankle, third, the zodiac symbols for myself, hubby and both kids on the top of my right foot (my favorite one), fourth, half my back with 2 butterflies and designs, and #5 is 4 forget-me-nots with designs around them
    4. Any regrets? #5. The whole tattoo isn't done very clean, it's very heavy (thick black "swirls") ... I want to find a nice artist to cover up the "swirls"
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1. Ummmm... seven.
    2. From age 18 up to now.
    3. Stars (first and a mistake), plus a bunch of really traditional stuff: roses, anchor, gypsy, owl, squid, unicorn, sea siren portrait etc.
    4. Yessss, laser/cover ups/reworks coming up soon.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    None yet, but I want to get a quote from my favourite poem, The Cloud by Percy Bysshe Shelley:

"I am the daughter of earth and water, nursling of the sky. I pass through the pores of oceans and shores, I change, but I cannot die..."

I want it in delicate, flowery script, running from my left wrist, behind my arm, across my back, to my right wrist. One day...
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? Yep.. 2..
    2. When did you get it/them? Mothers day about 5 years ago
    3. What did you get? A dragon my son drew (hes a great artist) and a Q for queso (jks) on my wrist.
    4. Any regrets? None.. Once I slim down and keep it off, might get another.. >.<

:smokin:
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have one tatoo on my forearm of a paw print. It is my first of many! (that is, when I can afford more)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have 8. Some have been added on to.
    I got my first on my 18th birthday, will be 10 year ago. My last one I got will be 2 years in July.
    My first was a tribal horse. I've loved horses since I was little. I had the design picked out 3 years before I got it. I have the Minnesota Viking on my leg. My dad's family is from Minnesota and i've born a Vikings fan. I have a quarter sleeve that is a coverup. It flowers and hummingbirds. It's a reminder of the summers in my childhood.
    I regretted one. I got it covered up. The guy did a really crappy job. His line work went from thin to thick, broken lines. It was bad. I lived with that for over 6 years before I got it covered. It's been almost 2 years since the coverup and it still looks as amazing as the day I got it.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 13 all together
    2. When did you get it/them? First one at 19 (I am now 31) the most recent were my feet in August/September last year
    3. What did you get? Butterfly, tramp stamp, chinese symbol, stars up back, lyrics on wrist and rib cage, stars on wrist, Koi half sleeve, Wheel of Time on my back, anchor and rose (one on each foot)
    4. Any regrets? No, even the Chinese symbol which was a foolish move, still represents a certain time and place (and relationship!)

Edit 'cause I missed one off......................
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. I have 5
    2. Got my first one in 1994
    3. Have my daughters name, a heart with devil horns, tail and pitch fork, a tribal with my name in it, Dear Mama with my mom's birthdate and passing date and a giant tribal tiger's paw.
    4. The big tribal tiger's paw is actually a cover up. I had a tribal with my boyfriend's nick name in it. It didn't work out so I got it covered up. TBH, I already knew what I was gonna cover it up with before I got it...haha. Gotta stay prepared at all times!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1. I only have one
    2. Just got it in November (First ink!)
    3. I wish I had a picture, but I'll just describe it.... It's a Ying Yang with a cross over the top of it. Floating above is a Burning halo and coming out from the sides is a pair of folded wings. In an arc above the whole thing are the words, Honor, Truth, Faith, Loyalty, Frienship.
    4. Absolutely none. This tat is a symbol of friendship that I share with four of my closest friends....all 5 of us have the same tatoo.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. I have one.
    2. I got it 2 years ago
    3. Celtic motherhood knot. It signafies the love for my children.
    4. I waited until I was 29 to get my first tattoo. I wanted it to have meaning and I wanted something that I would be proud of for the rest of my life, I have no regrets.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I had to copy and paste so I'd remember what all the questions were. I hate getting old.

Yes. I have one.

When I got out of boot camp down in Florida.

3. What did you get?
    A rose with an arrow through it...a blood drop is falling from the tip of the arrow. USN over the top, Teresa underneath.

4. Any regrets?
    In placement, no. Where I had it put was perfect. In the pic, yeah kind of. Now that I'm older, I kind of wish it were something different.
  • itsmaymee
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. Five
    2. Over the past 10 years
    3. I have a picture of Bam Bam on my right ankle (For my son), writing on my left ankle, a flower on my right wrist, a frog on my hip, and a celtic shamrock on my right shoulder blade.
    4. Nope!
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have 2.....

first tattoo was in memory of my brother. It's angel wings with his name in the middle... I forget that I actually have it cuz it's in between my shoulder blades

2nd one is a giraffe. It's on my right hip. my best friend and I got our nicknames as tattoos...

Don't regret either of them and I plan on getting more ink soon!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Love tattoos, however I have none :( Hopefully that will change very soon!!!!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? - Yes, one

2. When did you get it/them? - I was 21

3. What did you get? Swirly shooting stars on my foot

4. Any regrets? Nope. I love it. It's a beautiful design done by an artist I have a lot of respect for (he was on Ink Master Season 2) and when I find myself looking down from being bummed out, I see stars that remind me to keep my head up :)