Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT???

Replies

• icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    So I can wear a bikini and blind people.

(I'm Irish).
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    I WANT TO BE THE HOTTEST PIECE OF ASZ IN WALMART, ALWAYS.

something to aspire to, forsure.
  • reneeroberts_88
    reneeroberts_88 Posts: 31 Member
    I want to feel good about myself. I want my husband to be wowed!!!!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    was sick and tired of being sick and tired!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    So I can wear a bikini and blind people.

(I'm Irish).

Ahahah! Me too! I like to tell people I'm Dayglo. :wink:
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    I remember being a "me" that I loved and respected. My life was vividly real. The weight that I have slowly gained in the last 15 years has numbed me to life itself. I have become numb to more than just tastes and sounds and muscles, etc. I have become numb to the joys that life is supposed to be. My life is limited because my weight acts like a prison.

So I am not trying to lose weight. I am trying to gain a life worthy of "ME".

Thanks for asking, by the way. I needed to hear myself think that.

I think you're inside my mind!
    Seriously though my reason is basically the same. I was thin just 3 short years ago and I remember feeling so confident and just ALIVE and now I try my hardest to keep from being noticed. I avoid social situations and things that I used to love to do because I feel embarrased about the weight I've gained.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Lots of reasons...

- In the summer when I have extra weight on I feel AWFUL.
    - like to fit in clothes

and more...
  • I started because I was bored and lost 97 pounds last year and so far 6 this year. It went from me being bored to me feeling as though I have something to prove with myself. I'm Bipolar and medications for Bipolar disorder tend to make people gain weight. A lot of weight. I'm not going to be another overweight statistic because of medication. I need the medication and I need to be healthy and I refuse to choose between the two.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    So only my boobs jiggle when I ride my horses…
  • I want to play with my 11 grandchildren and climb trees with them :) I want them to grow up knowing me and I want to be healthy
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    so I can buy a smoking hot dress for my daughter's sweet 16 and be confident enough to wear it. so I can stop calling myself a fat piece of **** in my head every time I want to eat something, or every time I try something on. so I can accept a compliment from someone without mentally calling them a liar.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    To have a baby.

Oh, and to make my skinny friends jealous. ;)
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    I want to look healthy and feel healthy. And look outstanding walking into restaurants and bars on my mans arm ;)
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Improve my health down the line. To put a stop to this gradual weight gain I have experienced for 10 years now.

and so that my clothes look nice on me - no tight spots, no bulges!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    -- to regain mobility and enjoy activities from my youth. (horseback riding, softball, hiking, tennis, etc)
    -- to show my teenagers that life is fluid and anything is possible if you want it bad enough!
    -- to feel comfortable in my own skin again and experience love again. (haven't dated in years)
    -- to walk with pride and confidence; instead of anxiety and shame.
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    I think you're already there. You need to step up your goal to Target.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    From your pic you already are a hottie! I see some of those Wallmart pics - Jeeeeeezzzzz!!
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Oh, I want to lose weight to look like the "me" I keep forgetting I don't actually look like in reality. When I fantasize that I'm a rock star, the real me isn't the me in my imagination.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    I want to look down and see my toes.
    I want to sit on the floor and play with my grandbaby without having to crawl over to the couch when I want to stand up.
    I want to shop in the Misses department at Kohls.
    I want to ride a roller coaster without having to squish myself into the seat.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Lmao@ walmart