Nutella... WHY OH WHY....

Options

Replies

• CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    They do sell really small containers of Nutella. If you have a World Market near you, try there...and only buy 1 :-)
  • ebw82
    ebw82 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to eat Ferrero Rocher chocolates, they taste like Nutella but with a hazelnut, a wafer sphere and chocolate. Delicious!

Now those are the devil, every Christmas a vendor comes in and gives me a 50 pack of those... I have to give them to someone immediately or I'll eat the whole thing in a day or two!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsessions with Nutella. I grew up eating it in tinny cups, but we only found it at the CANDY store, It is chocolate after all.

There's tons of candy at grocery stores. This is just another kind. There are people obsessed with all kinds of sweets. It's not any different. There are just a lot of people who like Nutella.

And I agree!!! Nutella is awesome and every time someone comes from my country to visit that is one of the things that they bring (the small ones of course). All I'm saying is that it is chocolate, which I also adore, and I can't see why all the fuss... But everyone is welcome to eat their chocolate fix anyway they want.; with bread, crackers, apples, celery, or whatever...
  • Alidarmags
    Alidarmags Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh, on second thoughts - really irks me that it's advertised as a healthy breakfast option for kids. Since when was chocolate spread a particularly healthy way to start the day? Delicious, yes. Healthy...IT'S GOT NUTS IN SO MUST BE HEALTHY YES/YES.

Nutella actually got sewed over this and the people won! No more false advertising for them.

On a side note...I love nutella but I have 1 tbsp and a cup of fruit with it. Strawberries and Banans are the best.
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sesame seed Riveta & Nutella... Tastes like ferrero rocher..... Heaven! Nom nom! :D
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Sesame seed Riveta & Nutella... Tastes like ferrero rocher..... Heaven! Nom nom! :D
    Oh my god, you are brilliant!
  • rejosa
    rejosa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I LOVE Nutella! My weakness! I could eat a whole jar and then some!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of it until I lived in Hungary for a few months. We found all kinds of ways to eat it: with apples, pretzels, in crepes (with strawberry jam), on toast... straight out of the jar with a spoon...

That stuff is like crack. Or, I assume it is, as I've never done crack... :tongue:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    omg, you are telling me. De-licious! I haven't bought it in years, but when I did have it, I put it on everything!
  • lindseym18
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one who eats it out of the jar!!! Too addicting :love:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes like *kitten*. So, no problem on my end. Gross!
    I had no idea about it's creamy decadence until I came to these message boards. In a post yesterday someone asked what your worst "binge" was and one of the replies was eating a whole jar of Nutella. My curiosity got the best of me and I bought a jar of it today.... never had it before. I see what all the hoop-la is about. It tastes like heaven... but according to MFP it's the DEVIL! I think I'm in trouble...........
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My son eats Nutella (half a jar) with a banana. Luckily, I am not much of a chocolate fan so I don't care for the stuff.

But give me a jar of Lotus Biscoff Spread and I am in heaven!!!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last week, and i must say it was good, but i'm sticking with my PB.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky. The ads on TV make it out to be wonderful, so I tried a jar. One taste and I thought it was crap. Hazelnut with a "hint" of cocoa? More like Cocoa with a hint of hazelnut

hated it and so did my wife.

all natural PB for me
  • runningfataway
    Options
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of this at home. I buy it for my son but have never tried it.....Now I am afraid to. If that is what is inside those candies I am in SO MUCH TROUBLE!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Growing up in an Italian household that was our peanut butter. I used to have Nutella sandwich for lunch at school and the other kids had no idea what it was.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had no idea about it's creamy decadence until I came to these message boards. In a post yesterday someone asked what your worst "binge" was and one of the replies was eating a whole jar of Nutella. My curiosity got the best of me and I bought a jar of it today.... never had it before. I see what all the hoop-la is about. It tastes like heaven... but according to MFP it's the DEVIL! I think I'm in trouble...........
    Wow. I've never eaten it. I hope I never do.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do NOT try cookie butter (also known as biscoff spread) either. For the love of all that is holy!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Try Peanut Butter Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful. Less calories than regular peanut butter, that yummy chocolate flavor and it isnt full of all those additives crap that you dont need. Around 180 calories per serving as opposed to 220 with peanut butter and 200 for nutella.

Or just get some PB2! :happy: